Only in EQ...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Cicelee Augur

Am I to go back to a zone I have not killed in since 1999 (well 2000 for me) and kill 5000 kobolds and gnolls in order to improve my character by around 10% (more like 5-7). I cannot think of any other game that makes you go back decades to progress going forward. Not complaining, going to some of these zones is a memory trip to the good ol days. Just still find it funny that to go forward, you must first go back. Decades.

Share your other "Only in EQ" things
    Magickon and Skuz like this.
  2. Alnitak Augur

Plenty of kobolds in Plane of War and ToFS.
    And lots and lots of gnolls in SoD Blackburrow and CotF Tower of Rot. That's 2014 zone, just 9 years ago, less than a decade. Win!
  3. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Aren’t you one of those people that complains about people that want to grind levels, but now you’re going to grind out slayers?
  4. Cicelee Augur

No?

I could care less how people get their levels. Just don't whine when players that do quests and missions are progressing faster than those who sit in a corner with the same 12 mobs they single pull ad nauseum.
    Ssdar, code-zero and Kaenneth like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I don't even think Cic is complaining in this thread.
  6. Cicelee Augur

I mean, I literally say "Not complaining" in the OP.

But you know, some people...
    Tatanka likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I swear only half of all human beings even bother to read anymore, I mean, they can read, they just choose not to, the amount of dumb that leads to is just staggering.

Rant aside, I like your post Cicilee, I think another "only in EQ" thing is tolerating the RNG is simply a way of life in this game, lost count of how many times some other player is whooping about some shiny they got in 2 minutes & yet when I go camp one it takes me freaking weeks to get it, as I am among the probably 75%+ who always have sh**ty bad RNG.
    Tegila, Ssdar, code-zero and 4 others like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

If it makes you feel better I'm pretty I'm pretty sure I'm top 10% RNG in EQ. Thanks for being a counterweight to me.
    code-zero, Metanis and Tatanka like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There is charm, you provided one example of the opposite, however, may your good luck continue, goodness knows somebody should get it to balance out all the crap luck I get lol
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Metanis like this.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Exactly, people barely read and few try to comprehend. I'm pointing out that the OP enjoys grinding trivial for a slayer achievement or hunter, but is heavily critical, bordering condescending, to people that like to grind for levels.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Personally I LOVE that the Devs are continuously making old content relevant to everyone.

I don't see how anyone can see the Slayer/Banestrike changes as anything but Win/Win.
    Laronk likes this.
  12. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

I'm sure it will do wonders for new player retention, the only people they'll see on their journey through old zones will be pulling 50 mob trains and lagging the node out. Not sure if that's better or worse than not seeing anyone at all.

Or more likely just afk on the highest density area, more wonderful first impressions of player base. I often see people in the evolving gnoll shroud w/merc just sitting in the crazy fast repop undead area of Crescent Reach.