I'm hearing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Sakuraba Augur

Oh my god EQ forums have their own version of the PokeLeaks/Riddler Khu stuff now? We really have made progress! XD
  2. Mashef Augur

Fact check, nothing in this statement is true. Leveling is the worst part of the game and actually is a reason many don't play.
  3. Notinterested Augur

LOL meanwhile back in reality every new TLP proves that dead wrong. Hordes of players return to EQ to level yet again every single TLP launch. Leveling 1-60 is honestly one of the best parts of EQ. After that is a different story.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  4. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Mostly true. It needs to be said that leveling of a FRESH server, where a large percentage of the playerbase is ALSO leveling, is one of the best parts of EQ and brings people back again and again.

That same leveling process on an old server where everyone has been max for months, and trying to play catchup to 98% of the playerbase, is an entirely different matter.
  5. Lejaun Augur

I always said I wouldn't be a serial TLP-reroller, but I keep doing them. Why? Because mostly of what others like Thatoneguy have said: leveling groups. Everyone is on the same level ground. That piece of ringmail armor actually is a decent piece of treasure starting off. Banded armor is actually worth using. Almost any zone, any time is full of people grouping up.

Later on, not so much. People get their cliques fully established. People have their 3 boxes and that's all they want rather than to mess with real people. People just log on to raid and then log off.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are they returning to go through the leveling experience or the content that they get after they level?
  7. Grummle Journeyman

Why not both?
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That wasn't the point, as you can't make an assumption that people are coming back just for the leveling experience when a new TLP server is launched.
  9. Rcbauer Augur

Coming back to make that krono.
  10. Lineater Augur

A server that foregoes thousands of dollars of revenue and starts at the point when half the server quits. Seams luhjit.
    wade_watts and Dmitry like this.
  11. Dmitry Elder

LOL so true, Hahah..... not that they wouldn't do this... just yea.... hahaha
  12. Dmitry Elder

I could see them messing with the pace of the expansions....

2 weeks classic gives you time to level and get ready for Kunark....

6 weeks Kunark get's you through the levels and the only dungeon that matters - Dragon Pinata... and gets you out of Kunark fastish.

2 months in Velious... widely regarded by right thinking people as the greatest expansion ever.

4 weeks to get your shards and kill moon beasts before contemplation of the crack in t he back of the bumhead aliens makes you kinda mad.

2 months with PoP - the expansion that put the hore in lootwhore.

2 weeks with LDon... still too long but yeah whatever.

6 weeks in The I need a hug (did you know you can't say abor tion on this board?) that Lived aka GoD. Look I hate this expansion for destroying my favorite game but yeah it's actually pretty good.

after that I kinda always quit so I would love to see what happens next....
  13. wade_watts Augur

Now that the announcement was made and it was terrible - can we just take a moment to recognize that Rcbauer was wrong for the second year in a row?
    jeskola and SnapVine like this.
  14. magikarp Elder

read this thread for first time just now, in april

found myself getting excited for an oakwynd alternative. even this ruleset would have been exciting at this point
  15. Zansobar Augur

Yeah maybe oakwynd is an attempt to lower the bar so low that players will accept whatever the devs throw at us?
    wade_watts likes this.
  16. Dmitry Elder

Wish he’d been right.
  17. Magneress Augur

Yeah. Actually :)

Although they should enable only one PoK book and disable the rest. Maybe leave nexus book as the only one that works.
  18. SnapVine Augur

:confused: