Hardcore Heritage, an idea.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tyranthraxus, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Could these revamps be tied to parallel expansions rather than their arbitrary timeline? Mangler is unlocking 105 in about 5 hours. Old Sebilis HH will open in June. 3 months later, and just a week after all the items in it are rendered obsolete by the next expansion. I think we had one release last year that actually was useful, otherwise these raids are just meaningless for most TLP's and a joke on live servers. Their fun, and changing their release times to expansion content could really give a nice boost content wise to TLP's. Maybe a month into the expansion they coincide with level wise?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Am I understanding that live servers would still have the ONE month of HH but TLP would stagger that one month for each of the zones but all over the year?

Not sure what makes you think the raids are a joke on live?
  3. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Do level 105 raids drop items for level 120 characters on live that matter?
    I'm just saying, it's fun content, that seems underutilized.

Please slot this on a live server: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=97445
    level 90 tuned item, useful at level 90, useless at 95.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I know a lot of players that are not raid geared for NOS etc and others who have alts that can handle the HH raids for items like these

Darkened Deepwater Breastplate or the Darkened Mana Robe etc. Not bad and equal to GNM drops at 105.

Your item is required level 85

Anywho........

Let me see if I can explain my comment for better clarity.

On live servers HH is criticized every year for the one month its on for any zone that has a step in any epic.

A lot of players post and whine about why they cannot get their epic drop. During that one month.

The loot table cannot be changed during HH per dev. And epic items do not drop in those zones during HH.

So you want to alter the coding so TLP can have staggered HH - keeping in mind no epic drops can happen during HH. I think a lot of TLP would be super unhappy about that lack of epic drops, even more so than players on live

I doubt they would be able to split the HH coding between Live and TLP so each can have their own time frames since they cannot control the drops either.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  5. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I Mistakenly compared weapon ratio's for parity, looks like HH sebilis will line up with EoK on Mangler afterall, based on raid armor drops. Which is nice, we got lucky. Still think this should be the case for all TLP's. How HH affects live seems inconsequential, no reason to change it, as it sounds like it's just an annoyance to the rare super casual on live servers, and meaningless to anyone raiding. And by super casual, I mean anyone playing on a 120 server worried about epic 1.0 drops, not a diss, but thats casual. If it's such an annoyance remove it from Live, or better yet make it instanced, away from original content, eg, Feerott/Feerott the Dream.
    On TLP's it adds actual content, useable to the players leveling up, and gearing, if used in the proper era, as it was released when it launched.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I don't get why the content is time gated at all. Just put an npc at the zone in that ports you to the HH version. Link the npc to the appropriate expansion for TLP. No worries about it activating when being useless, no interference with doing epics, everybody gets to enjoy the content when appropriate.
    Barton likes this.