Test Update 03/07/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 7, 2023.

1. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Banestrike, now with more bane, needs another 2% for those that completed slayer before it was cool. TLPers can only get the extra 2% if involved in waking the Sleeper.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

10% increase to base damage across all classes is not an equal DPS increase, this is going to make class balance even further out of whack.

Flat number every minute didn't effect balance everyone could get the same number from it. % base is horrid. They would have been better giving everyone a clicky that did X amount of damage that increased with a 1 minute cool down, increases the same way evolving items do when achievements are met.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Izzard of Bertox Augur

This isn't about DPS. It's about Lag reduction.

As a de-rail - What's the official definition of class balance?
    Skuz and Xyza like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Thanks. Would be interesting to see the same thing with a caster.
  5. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

It's currently not equal due to what spa they continually use for melee. Posted about it yesterday without much notice. To equal what spell casters and healers are getting the melee mod needs to be:
    Increase Base Hit Damage by 10%

Likely what they are currently using which is why parses barely show it doing anything is:
    Increase Hit Damage by 10% (v185)

Ssdar, Emilari and menown like this.
  6. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Anyone test this with Aspect of the Brood or Steamsuit illusions that are currently unshrink-able?

Thanks!
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Brickhaus Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]

I'm not great at posting images, but the top parse is last night's Live run and the bottom parse is on Test. As close to the same conditions as I could get.

The paladin in question has Progressive and Highly Decorated achievements done (so should be sitting at the 7% tier).

Edit - Someone asked. The paladin was at Banestrike 3/4 in the Special AA tab. The 2h proficiency along with current top enchanter haste were the only buffs on the toon. Haste was 217% on the Stats tab. Paladin is geared in mostly CoV raid ore gear (including the CoV 2h raid ore knight weapon) with top augs from CoV era and geared towards HDex).
    Badname3245 and Emilari like this.
  8. Emilari UI Designer

Well, hopefully they get that fixed then - because that's problematic. That sounds more like a bug though, might want to post in the bug thread on it as well.
    Allayna likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Seeing guilds en masse in Sirens Grotto mass slaughtering mobs for a slayer checkmark last night made me chuckle.

Only in EQ do we have to go two decades backwards to go forward with character min/max.

BTW I know if you are in a raid and the raid kills a named in a different zone, you get the checkmark. Does that also apply for slayer kills too? If Bob kills 100 Anguish mobs while I kill 50 Sirens Grotto mobs and we both are in a raid or group together, do we sponge off of each other's kills? If so, at least that should make these grey con achievements move faster...
  10. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

IDK if this is considered a bug but can't see how it would be intended with the state of spells verses melee on live. The mod being used for spells acts one way roughly providing a 2, 4, 7 or 10% boost to dps spells or heals. The mod chosen for melee while also being listed as the same %'s ends up providing pennies on the dollar to end melee results.

What should happen to make the end result return to melee the same as it currently will be for dps spells or heals is to change which melee spa gets the new 2, 4, 7 or 10% passive boost. I believe this needs to be the melee spa that tanks weapon mastery AA follows:

Increase Base Hit Damage by 2, 4, 7 or 10% depending on achievements

I believe the reward for banestrike for melee on test is currently the one below, which provides a fraction of the benefit that spells receive with how it works in the melee forumla.

Increase Hit Damage by 2, 4, 7 or 10% (v185)

The end results for melee should be roughly equal to the return that heals and dps spells will be seeing from this change. Not a end result of 10% increase to dps spells and heals and a 1.5% increase to melee for the same reward.
    Emilari, Moege and Svann2 like this.
  11. kizant Augur

There is a banestrike AA you can look at to see what level you have. Your data is showing a 2% increase to slashes. What were the conditions? Just auto attack with max AA and no adps, etc?

Also, for reference, the 10% increase for casters isn't exactly that either. My nukes will increase between 4.5% and 6.5% of real damage based on max AAs, normal worn focuses, average crit rate, etc It's not a direct 10% for anyone.

In fact, I'd say that 7% banestrike for Wizards after taking into account everything may be closer to a 3% real gain. It's not going to be perfect but I still think they went with a good option.
    Skuz and Emilari like this.
  12. Allayna Augur

With the new banestrike changes, people are out slaughtering mobs en masse. What I noticed is that when ignoring loot, even with "apply filters" unchecked, as the advanced loot window filled, the zone would come to a screeching halt.

People couldn't move, lag was so terrible....until I left everything on the corpse, followed by minutes of lag until everything was finally out of advanced loot.

I was a bit shocked that something seemingly not requiring any calculations would generate such massive zonewide lag.

Made me wonder what else seemingly innocuous thing is gumming up the game.
    RPoo, Fenthen and Emilari like this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

might want to post this issue in the test server bug thread.
  14. Emilari UI Designer

No... you can work on it as a raid like hunter, but every being needs to be in zone for their checkmarks.
    Fenthen, Ozon, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  15. Allayna Augur

I haven't seen anyone say it, so I'm gonna say it, hybrids triple dip in regards to banestrike improvements.
    Jyve likes this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

No, it doesn't work like hunter raids.

If you want to get slayer kill credits on multiple toons, they all have to be in the same zone and grouped. But, they don't have to be in range of the kills, so you can zone everyone in, leave toons there, and go slaughter with one toon.

At least, that's how it HAS worked. Who knows if they change it because of all of this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

How do you figure? If we got +10% for spells and +10% for melee thats still 10% not 20.
  18. Allayna Augur

A 10% increase to melee damage, a 10% increase to spell damage and a 10% increase to healing, definitely benefits the paladin, or beastlord, or ranger, or shadowknight...more than it does the wizard, or rogue, no?

I'm not complaining, just stating, I see why some people are griping about "balance".
  19. Xurn Journeyman

Perhaps it's because mathematically a base 10% when applied to existing damage output would create greater distance between end results. Example is that 10% of 30,000 is much lower than 10% of 90,000; the former is boosted by 3,000 while the latter by 9,000, both by the same 10%.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Cadira Augur

Far as being balanced between classes....

It really depends on what spa they use for the spell and melee increase (does anyone know what these are yet?).

If banestrike uses spa 482 for pure melee dmg, that should increase your dps by the % listed for your rank of the AA perfectly.
    If they use spa 185, melee will see very little increase.

I don't know the caster equivalent spas but they could swing one way or the other too, dependant on spa choice.

And hybrids aren't going to triple dip, they'll mathematically be the same or in-between pure melee and pure casters in terms of dps increase.
    Skuz and Emilari like this.