Cannot Reproduce Lightning Sphere not dropping.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sarianna, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Sarianna New Member

I have been camping northeast tower in Bastion of Thunder for two days now trying to obtain lightning sphere to finish Agnarr tower key. Spheres from the other three towers dropped relatively quickly but this one simply is not showing.
  2. Jedis Arch Mage

It definitely drops, it just is a bit more rare than the others. Last confirmed looted yesterday by someone with Magelo. https://eq.magelo.com/item/9430. Looks to be about a 9-10% drop rate from observed loots.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Magelo is often wrong on percent drop rates. They are good for showing what stuff drops from, but not the rates.
  4. Jedis Arch Mage

In some cases, yes. However, after over 10,000 observed loots, I think it's probably a decent indication of the drop rate for this particular item.
  5. Mukkul Augur

[Mon Jun 06 09:22:13 2022] --You left a Lightning Sphere on A brann kriger.--
    [Mon Jun 06 15:10:34 2022] --You left a Lightning Sphere on A brann kriger.--
    [Mon Jun 06 15:13:40 2022] --You left a Lightning Sphere on A brann kriger.--
    [Mon Jun 06 15:15:28 2022] --You left a Lightning Sphere on A brann priest.--
    [Tue Sep 06 22:45:14 2022] --You left a Lightning Sphere on A brann kriger.--

Keep in mind this sphere is blue instead of the usual white.
    Duder and Jedis like this.
  6. Jedis Arch Mage

Good point. Another data point from me:

[Sun Jan 23 23:16:12 2022] --You have looted a Lightning Sphere from A brann kriger's corpse.--
    [Sun Jan 23 23:38:47 2022] --Soandso has looted a Lightning Sphere from A brann kriger's corpse.--
    Duder likes this.
  7. TrueNorth Developer

Could not reproduce this. This item appears to be dropping as intended.
    Fenthen and Duder like this.
  8. Hegsheoshed Augur

I don't really want to move this to the top of the posts. There has been no indication from the OP if this has been resolved by finally getting the drop. I am just wondering if the OP checked their loot filters? Perhaps a miss-aimed click to block something else from showing in the advanced loot window. I have done it myself.
  9. Iven Antonius Bayle

Check your advanced loot filter. You might had set it on never need and then it won't show up.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent