What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Belexes ForumQuester

Every time a PVP person asks for a PVP TLP server on the forum, Daybreak should charge $10 to every account on existing PVP servers.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I don't think it is tuned to raid equipped characters at all. It's tuned to people that know how to play their class. Just to use tanking as an example... A group geared tank can handle LESS than a raid equipped tank, yes.. but they can still handle multiple mobs no problem at all. They can tank the missions, they can tank every named in the expansion.

However... someone that doesn't know how to push the buttons? A raid equipped character isn't going to survive any better than a group equipped character. That gear isn't going to help a whole lot if the correct buttons aren't pushed.

There are easily found guides to play tanks, DPS, healing out there if anyone wants help. They really just need to want to play better.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I was talking in general, not in specific, nor even to what they do right now. It was in part a response to the "what does balance mean to you" thread where someone said no one should be able to solo group content. But the only way to do that would be to tune for raid equipped.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

My hot take is that I think that is exactly what they should do. The “new” models are 2 decades old at this point, and it shows.
    Emilari likes this.
  5. Sakuraba Augur

Hot Take? Remove AA limits from F2P and Silver members, but instead institute a daily earn cap for F2P/Silver - something in the ballpark of no more than 500 AAs a day.

If the community wants people boxing, then F2P/Silver members should be able to make viable boxes, too.
    Fufufufufufufu likes this.
  6. nitrocutter Journeyman

Since Developers can see who is running M Q dos then have it be that all of those accounts cannot use krono... in order to remain gold they must be paid accounts and cannot use krono. That would get rid of the botting in no time.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

500 AA a day wouldn't be a limit for a lot of people.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Sakuraba Augur

Yeah, most casual players probably wouldn't hit that which is why the idea would to be make it something like that. This limit would not be imposed on sub players, just Silver/F2P - So it affects the rare hardcore "mooch" lol. The whole thing is a hot take regardless.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Even those won't get impacted by this limit and it would only matter while people are leveling up a new toon.
  10. Sakuraba Augur

Last time I suggested it I did so with no trade off or caveat, because honestly the AA cap is brutal for people who've come back and aren't fully sure if they want to stick around yet, the posts from some people were....something else.

That tells me it'd be an even hotter hot take if I just left off the trade off lol.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

With a limit of 500 AA per day you could max the AA from a new expansion in under a week and very few people spend over 500 AA a day.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Sakuraba Augur

Yeah, there's no real good trade off for it.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

wat...
  14. Emilari UI Designer

My hot take.... Fippy Darkpaw has discovered the secret to the meaning of life.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. TheRealMuramx Elder

lol.. I came back with a raid geared 100 war. All the guides said "go to RoS Expansion to level up, even with a heroic geared player the gear they give you is enough." Mine was better than what they give you went into Lceanium and found a dark blue mob and got wreck in about .5 secs. My mage pet has been tanking ever since because even in full t1 as I move through the expansion my war gets slapped around with 50k AA. The game is 100% over tuned for anyone that wasn't raiding the previous expansion.
  16. Cadira Augur

Pretty sure this wasn't the players. Im sure the devs realized, after putting iksar zerkers as an option, that they would have to modify the berserker epic (since there is a race related part to it) and we're too lazy or incapable of doing this, so they skewed the number of votes to we bst instead and pretended the players did it.

Source: the undeniable fact that no one wanted we bsts, and everyone wanted iksar zerks.
    /Removes tinfoil hat
    Raptorjesus5 and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  17. ttobey Developer

You may be the only person I have heard that liked that one!
    Jennre, Rijacki and Svann2 like this.
  18. Derka Power Ranger

Did you push buttons?
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I thought that model was badass looking. It sold me on buying it.
  20. Tucoh Augur

cold-take: The forums should have a feature to make threads where only one reply per person is possible and that reply is limited to 100 words.

hot-take: Every EQ expansion should have at least one hard-mode zone, mission and raid. Without that there is no real end-game in EQ. Today's state where group of organized players (in group gear) can roll all the group missions in a new expansion and a raid of organized players can roll all the raids without getting new gear, spells and AAs means there is little reason to prep for an expansion and stay subbed throughout the year. Someone recently compared it to an old man's bowling league where people just want to show up, "participate", have fun and there's no reason to tryhard. This isn't the EQ I want to play.