Zero Apparitionals..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Feb 20, 2023.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

54 is on the smaller end of sample sizes, so I wouldn't draw a conclusion with confidence that every guild has averaged at least 1. We're going to have to disagree that events that require high coordination, large amounts of players, and roughly weekly lockout should ever reward 0 items from a tier.
    Rolling 0 on T2 chest items can be used for quicker lockout events like a mission or WoW M+ run, but you just can't just drop 0 for players putting in so much time and effort.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

It's a bad experience like killing a named and not getting your aug. You know it will eventually drop. You know over time you get more t2 loot. So what's the big deal?
    Zarkdon and Svann2 like this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Used to be chase items so rare you might get to the end of the year and not win one.
  4. Zarkdon Augur

I have the patience of a 3 year old in a toy store?
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

They're different scenarios.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

no
  7. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Yes, in the post above yours, I explained why they're different. Roughly week lockout for a large event needs different reward schemes than just single group rare mob.
  8. Gorg00 Augur

Yea, maybe some sort of guaranteed reward that you could save up and spend to help paper over bad RNG, some sort of currency like item maybe?
    FranktheBank and Svann2 like this.
  9. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Outside of weapons and a few focus effects the rest of gearing is stats. Any of these events can be tanked in t1 tol raid gear. So i'm not sure why people are freaking out about when they are going to be able to make that bis ring of adroitness.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Yeah, I cant buy the aug off a vendor if I kill the named enough, which is sad.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Yeah, this is true but some people get excited about items in the chest.

12. litangwang New Member

54 universal ore that can be any slot,vs 76 slot speific soon to be junc, wow,win for every EQer:)

13. FranktheBank Augur

Correct. I don't see where you are confused. Gorg and I like that we actually look at chest lot now. We also understand, the nature of RNG is sometimes we get a low amount of t2 items, but on average we see more loot.

????????????
  14. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Who wouldnt love playing "how f'd are we", when the alternative is just never being f'd over to begin with?

Getting a boat is great, but the mystery box could be anything, even a boat!
  15. Gorg00 Augur

I think the new system is nice *shrug*. We're better geared than ever before at this point in the expansion, and nothing is junk since you can sell it back.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I remember threads from the last expansion complaining that the single drop that could make any BIS item made all the T1 drops useless and this seems to be a solution to that issue making the T1 drops more likely to be used.
    Svann2 likes this.
  17. Zarkdon Augur

One of the fundamental laws of physics is that someone in Everquest will complain regardless of what is done.
    Astral64 likes this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Isn't this actually a testament to EQ's enduring BROAD appeal?

Long time ago, a wise dev said, "When they stop complaining you have a problem."
  19. Zarkdon Augur

Some of us are very broad indeed!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

The points are currency systems are a good safety feature, but shouldn’t be the main feature as people like seeing loot drops in chests. There’s already a lot of negative sentiment towards useless drops like the cloak, which is the same as seeing nothing drop. Supporting my point that a raid event shouldn’t be coded to drop 0 of tier.

You and your buddy Gorg haven’t stated why you think dropping 0 is a good idea.
    Fenthen likes this.