Increase banked AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shredd, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Shredd Augur

Please. 240 AA banked just seams small if you glyph a lot. I would love to bank 450 AA for 10 glyph.
    tanith, Carden, Arcolin and 2 others like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

The primary design reason is they don't want to launch an expansion and have players immediately able to purchase all the critical AAs from the get go. They made the bank 2x level since they introduced super high AA purchases so we don't have to worry about losing AAs to the cap, and next expansion the bank will go up to 250. The bank isn't there to store AAs for glyphs, which I'm sure is also a design reason so we do not have "unlimited glyphs" during raids.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

You can still go over 240 until you log out right? Or was that fixed awhile back, I forget. If you havent finished collects you could always bank a few of those. Also 9 raids, if you do all 9 in a night means maybe use 9 glyphs. Yes I know you can use more than 1 per event, if you really need to.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

That's the true crux of the problem. They added glyphs to entice people to spend time XPing, nerfed kill XP, and tuned events around having glyphs...

Glyphs were a great pen and paper concept that has spiraled out of control due to improper handling and band-aid solutions.
    Lisard likes this.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

So they did patches to fix problem people at end game have.
    Then years go by and returners are going through that content and wondering why kill xp is very bad all sudden.

Need more hindsight, more vision, then patching issues end gamers are dealing with that bite people in the butt years later.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

You can also buy glyphs from the loyalty vendor.
    Rijacki and Lisard like this.
  7. Allayna Augur

They are lore though.

Glyphing once per event and having the bank to do that should match up.

9 events, 45 AA per glyph is 405 AA banked. I suppose you could subtract 45 AA for one already banked and purchased to make it 360 AA banked....which is perfectly 3x the current max level.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can earn up to 2x your level in AA and bank up to 3x your level in AA before any are lost when you log out.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Banked AA's are fine just you raiders want more go figure!
  10. Allayna Augur

How would it just benefit raiders? If the banked AA increased 3x your level instead of 2x?
  11. Belexes ForumQuester

Based on the nerd race thread, I am thinking that it might be an idea to disable glyphing in a raid until it has been defeated. :p :p
    Moege likes this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you're at max banked AA and happen to get an achievement that automatically awards AA, it'll go over the cap and those extra AA will remain even if you log out. You'll get a message the next time you log in that you're over the cap and you need to spend some, but you won't lose them. I've got one toon sitting at 265 AA and another at 275 because they picked up achievements here and there.
    Toukan and Ofearl like this.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

I was at 280 or so, used dragon glyph last night and good bye over the limit for me. I wonder who is the max number of AA assigned player out there today? I constantly hear about Hinans count I think it was over 302k aa as of this weekend.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Every other post of yours is "raiders are bad!" and that gets old.
    FawnTemplar, Vumad, Duder and 5 others like this.
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Gotcha, I knew there was something but couldn’t recall what exactly it was. Sucks when you take some time away from the game. Forget small details!
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  16. Greymantle Augur

The total banked AA curently is 3x level. So at 120 it is 360. BUT 'normal' experience gained banked tops out at 2 x level. The "extra's" are gained by event rewards, like raid and group mission rewarded AA. Those push you over the 240 cap. In addition you can 'bank' AA that show up as rewards in the quest reward window. Can have up to ten 'rewards' banked there. This includes the rewards from things like overseer.
    Next way to 'bank' AA are from collection rewards. Just do not click the last item of a set, but carry it around with you until you burn off a glyph or two. Then click the collectable, bank 18+ AA depending on the group.
    Having maxed out mine a good while back, i currently have 295 'banked' & 3 collections to claim. One of the 3 will award 3 tiers of achivements so 54 AA per click.
  17. Zarkdon Augur

Glyphs are for the weak!

Or those that love grinding.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

This is the kind of request that bothers me. Asking for something (increase banked AA cap) that would have a lot of side effects, but you actually want something else more specific (being able to glyph more times in an intense night)

More specific asks:

1) remove the lore tag from the loyalty glyph refill item. Glyphs still have a recast time anyway.

2) add an AA that summons the same (I assume not stacking, no trade, no heirloom) glyph refill items for the same cost (or slightly more)

3) or add them as a mission reward *option* instead of regular AAXP to limit how fast they can be acquired. have to figure out how to deal with old expansion mission etc. with this though, maybe do like Overseer collections, each mission gives a number of glyph fragments scaled like 4 from current (NOS) 3 from previous (TOL) then 2(COV) then 1(TOV) with 10-20 making a full glyph. Sounds overcomplex. but it's an option.
    Vumad and Rijacki like this.
  19. Swiss Augur

Getting a glyph reward from overseer would be nice. No idea how it would be best balanced but 1 a day with them being lore wouldn't break anything, even if people can stockpile quest rewards.

I just want more glyphs when I don't have time to get AA back after raids though lol.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Not always, there is a 3x level limit.
    But I don't see a big problem with the current limit. Use em, xp, use em some more.
    I can't see how you could possibly spend them all in a night unless things are really really going wrong.