Yelinak Active Guilds Update

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by 93_Combine, Mar 3, 2023.

1. 93_Combine Journeyman

Hail. Hi. Hello. Hey. Sup. Yo!
    Yelinak Guild status:10+? active guilds

UPDATED: PoR

TSS - February 29th

In no particular order.

Resurgence -- demi/PoR - cleared
    Aware - demi/PoR - cleared
    Without Regret - demi/PoR - cleared
    Strix Reborn - demi/PoR - cleared
    Warm Bodies - demi/PoR - cleared
    Pact- demi/PoR - cleared
    Pillage and Plunder I - demi - cleared
    Rising Shadow I - demi - cleared
    Without Haste - god/oow farm / dodh
    Pixel Frenzy - raiding lower tier current content

Anyone missing?
    Overcast451 likes this.
  2. uberkingkong Augur

I knew Yelinak is doing great. I think there is a lot of haters on Mischief though, 13 guilds done time? Far from dead server!
    I just need to login into Twitch, I see the Yelinak streams, Yelinak has strong community!
  3. Kahna Augur

Coirnav had 14 guilds complete time. We all saw how that panned out in the long run. Check back at the end of May and we'll see how Yelinak is doing.
    Barton likes this.
  4. Faydra Augur

Yelinak will be dead come May. This happens every new server launch.
  5. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

"Dead" is such a stupid term for it. There's so many things that change to allow people to play more on their own terms without having others with them all day long.

Between that and content that actually *gasp* starts to challenge folks rather than just being basic solvable math equations for the mostpart, sure some people are stupid and flee, but for those bright enough to recognize better content it's just the start.
  6. Aiona Augur

The only reason it's "challenging" is because most of the population has left and over 2/3 of your raid are now just boxed characters! :p
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

Mischief has more guilds than this and it’s a year older than Yelinak. New TLP/LDON and then the 70s era are all behind Mischief but right on the horizon for Yelinak. This actually paints a really bad picture for the server.
    Brildon and Lejaun like this.
  8. 93_Combine Journeyman

Loads of haters, especially on population. Part of the reason why I made the post.

Lol I don’t think it will be that challenging to have 45 mains when it comes to 54 man raids. Quit hatin’. And even if 2/3 of the raid is boxes, kinda rewarding defeating boss’ 30 mains + boxes ;)

Mischief is a whole different beast and silly to compare the two servers. But that’s awesome to hear. Obviously Yelinak will take a hit from new TLP, but I think server can survive it and still be a fun / playable server. (LDON is only 4 weeks thank god)

God/oow/DoN … all great times ahead!
  9. Aiona Augur

I was just being goofy, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Not sure how you are mistaking me as a hater? I currently play on Yelinak with my main, and I find the current community to be one of the best of any EQ TLP to date.

(Edit: in one of the 13 raiding guilds who have beat PoT, might I add)
  10. 93_Combine Journeyman

Okay my apologies! Let keep this server rocking <3
    Aiona likes this.
  11. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

Actually mostly the opposite - content starts to punish boxing with personal responsibility and such.

But yea, people do tend to stupidly leave as the content is actually getting good.
  12. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

Is this a good time to remind folks of Zaide's predictions for Phinigel?
  13. Cheet Elder

Remind me
  14. Kahna Augur

If we take a look at the closest comparison to Yelinak, Coirnav, you will see that hard times are ahead. 14 Coirnav guilds finished PoP. By OOW that was down to 7, By PoR? 3. If pretty much any other server that isn't PvP comes out Yelinak is going to start it's death spiral.

The history of traditional servers has convinced me to never play on one again. Or if I do, to consider it a Classic to PoP then reroll situation, because they aren't going to go the distance ever again. The folks who want to go to the distance are already on other servers doing so.
  15. Protocol Dragon Defender

Please remind me.
  16. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

PoP -> GoD era it was "going to die"... when <Wild Treasures> folded it was "going to die"... but yet, it made it to Live.

And that of course some ignores some other comments I'll avoid debating the nonsense of.

Generally speaking there is a half-life of around a year for guilds on TLPs post-PoP, but with 13 that's still *gasp* making it to Live mathematically. (~4 years -- 7, 4, 2, 1)

Coirnav was clearly an outlier that because they took an unusually hard negative spike compared to typical when we finally got Mischief/Thornblade which so many had been asking for for so long. Also it still had the old (bad) LDoN for 3 months cadence to super burn out everyone on Time raids.

While yes, it's nice to have a robust environment of many different guilds and faces, it doesn't die until the playerbase decides it does.
  17. Protocol Dragon Defender

Where did I say that?
  18. Captain Video Augur

Mangler says hello. It's a FAR better comparison than Coirnav, which was cripped from launch by a purposefully reduced XP level which very few players really wanted. While I don't personally play on Mangler, I can still say it's doing fine, and it wouldn't surprise me if it gets to Live with 5-6 guilds still active. There is no reason to assume Yelinak won't be the same.
  19. Kahna Augur

Mangler is losing a guild in May, Roosters has already committed to switching. I only saw 3 other guilds recruiting on the first five pages of TLP recruitment. That's going all the way back to August 2022. Sure there maybe another guild or two that doesn't feel the need to recruit but I would be surprised by that. Every guild needs to recruit. Mangler also had 20 guilds killing things at a time where Yelinak has 13. The smaller the population the faster it collapses. Mangler losing 7 guilds from PoP to OOW leaves it still pretty healthy. Yelinak losing 7 guilds more than halves the population. They aren't actually very comparable. Yelinak is far closer to Coirnav than it is Mangler. It had a much smaller starting population than Mangler did, and that means it will hit the critical collapsing point sooner.
  20. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I wouldn't put much faith in TLP recruitment forums. I feel like we're getting probably 10:1 or better returning members compared to new recruits this late in a server life cycle, and the completely new folks I feel a majority said they found us via in game ooc recruiting or exp groups. It's a pretty rare occurrence for someone to both want to start on a TLP and for something like CotF or TDS to be their 'join a new server for the nostalgia' expansions. Anyone still actively bumping recruiting threads is doing so out of dedication and habit more than actual usefulness. I think there's at least 6 or 7 guilds who cleared CotF (which ends tomorrow for us) not counting Roosters.