If 2023 TLP is PvP TLE server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by uberkingkong, Mar 6, 2023.

1. uberkingkong Augur

Thoughts on if EQ TLP server this year was PvP TLE server.
    They have not announced it yet but say if it was a PvP server and since they didn't announce it yet, technically you could convince them to go a different route.

So what do you say or think about PvP TLE server?

My thoughts,
    TLP is doing fine, Yelinak, very populated
    Mischief very populated
    Vaniki hardcore raiders still kicking.
    Bunch of other TLPs still kicking, Mangler still kicking.

Since TLPs are in a good shape, perfect opportunity to try something a little wildier than Vaniki server. PvP TLE server.

Looking at EQ2 roadmap, https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-2023-roadmap
    This past year saw new TLP server unlocks, improvements to the Test Server, the successful launch of Kael Drakkel
    2023 Roadmap:
    • April:
    • New PvP TLE server

Unlike EQ2, EQ has not yet announced the new servers, you can either wait, or say your thoughts now and maybe change the outcome. It's not set in stone yet.
    NinjutsuMMO likes this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Usually this is confined to the TLP forums.

I will say you are ingesting some serious stuff if you ever think there will be another PvP server in EQ again.
    Xangeon66, Appren, Aiona and 3 others like this.
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I'm stickily a live server player, I have no interest in TLP's. With that said, I hope you get your PVP server. How quickly it crashes and burns will be interesting to follow.
    Ketchup4, MaestroM and Stymie like this.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

Vaniki was pretty wild,
    I could see more of that on unique servers like PvP. People on Vaniki pretty much say their server was just a test.
    I can see a lot of people that are itching for a fight by the AoC.
    Plat sellers, box krono farmers, PL'ers not sure how they will adapt.

Could just be another test.
    It's a good time though if they were to do it, I think so.
    Mischief thats still a young server, its in TSS, Drakkins just unlocked, still so much more for those on Mischief to do then hop to another TLP. Yelinak, very populated, those people are busy.

Kill off population from servers in good shape or try a twist, those TLP servers are doing fine, why disrupt them, it is a good time for a different twist in a new server.
  5. Zarkdon Augur

With rallos zek rules! Give me your gear!
  6. uberkingkong Augur

That could work, you know have it like Truebox, where it lasts until certain time.
    Gear drops while in classic, part of the rules, then say Luclin comes around, you keep your gear on death.
    Don't respawn with your gear on death while in classic.
    No return home button but you can Origin.
    Cannot be killed for min after respawning unless you initiate it (by players, NPCs can kill you), so camping respawn isn't a thing.
    No banks, but housing is available and its PvP too, say 1 housing area is there until its 70% filled then another one becomes available.
    Don't get to your place in time and die, well looks like someone else will be keeping that. The teleporter in housing area is disabled so you have to run to places.

Big fight over mask of tinkering, don't let that guy camp. "You know what they say in Rust, Trust No One"
    "Sure I'll buy mask of tinkering for 30 kronos" devasting backstab and loots everything from you

Who knows they could be working on it, and if its too much for them, they just make another regular TLP. Hence not announced yet.

Probably not announced yet because they don't want people forming guilds before it launches.
  7. Zarkdon Augur

They should bring back corpse runs for the anniversary this year. Remind everyone why we hate them.

And just to make it extra toxic we can give our beloved corpse summoners a month off too!
  8. uberkingkong Augur

Yeah! If there is a loot other player in effect, it makes coming across corpses more exciting, check and see if theres anything good on them and scurry away hopefully no one sees you.

See TLP or new server, doesn't have to last until it meets the final expansion, this could be a short term, keep you busy server until 30th expansion unlocks.

Short term servers are ok. It's a good time for a PvP, the current TLP servers are busy enjoying life.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have stated several times in the past that they need to see a demand for PvP before they would consider a PvP TLP server and there is no evidence that has been accomplished. There is no point in speculating on a PvP TLP server until evidence of demand can be shown in the population of the existing PvP server.
  10. Zarkdon Augur

The problem is PvP in current EQ wouldn't be fun. Too many instanced zones to hide in etc. Too many crazy abilities. A good old fashioned slaughter fest in early EQ/Kunark would be great.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

PVP TLP would fail badly. They need class balance or everyone is just gonna make a rogue.
  12. Marton Augur

Sure, make PVP server for those 5 players that want it. :rolleyes:

Also, you got TLP forum for this kind of thing.
    Nolrog likes this.
  13. Aiona Augur

Had this been posted in the TLP forum, the 5 players who actually want PVP would be screaming like toddlers in daycare, all over this thread, in an attempt to build hype and get attention. Haha :D
    code-zero and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

I already spoke with the insiders and this is on the table. It's going to be awesome.
  15. Faydra Augur

My insiders said it was a pipe dream.
  16. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Don't shoot the messenger.
  17. Faydra Augur

Ditto.
  18. Appren Gnomercy

You misspelled "make six mages"
  19. uberkingkong Augur

Rogues are actually pretty bad in classic. PvE, if they bad in PvE most likely in PvP too.
    Probably good for killing newbies with a tweak, but if everyone is new it defeats the purpose, there are no tweaks yet.
    This isn't a new Live PvP its a TLE PvP, classic things are pretty balanced, takes awhile to get to the unbalanced part of the game.

Like I said before, not every new server has to be 1+ years and ongoing. Making a server just to make it so something fun to do before the expansion is a great idea too.

Mischief, healthy, TSS, early expansion. Drakkins are available finally. Healthy good population.
    Yelinak, even earlier, berserkers soon or just now available. Healthy population.
    TLPS are doing great, its a good time to get a little crazy with the servers and experiment.

No sense in making a Mischief 2.0 if its already still there and still trucking. Makes no sense, you want Mischief go play on Mischief its still there! Drakkins just unlocked, its still early.

If Everquest 2 is doing PvP TLE, Everquest must be doing too right?
    Everquest 2 has issues with PvP as well, but they are doing its not like EQ2 PvP is super good.
    April: New PVP TLE Server Coming.....

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/april-new-pvp-tle-server-coming.608475/
    We still do not know Everquest 1s new servers, so if its likely PvP, and you don't want it, better make noise while its not set in stone, rather, too late its decided, we are committed now.
    Better make noise now of what you want and anything you don't want.

Just like NEW UI in April, if you want something specific, make noise, nothing is set stone yet. Make noise.

Once its announced the specifics that is, its set in stone, very very unlikely to change their minds. The time to make noise is now!

IF PvP, team based please. Then decide whose merging in who, zek merging new or new merges into zek, with their rulesets.
    Sullon Zek ruleset please, alliance vs horde like game pvp. EQ is 3 ways though.
    WvW is popular WvW is usually 3 ways which is how Sullon Zek was.
    Team based PvP please.

Most likely servers not announce yet because they taking stab at PvP and they want to do it right, and probably lots of rules so, they seeing what can be done and close to the final date they will announce the PvP TLE with rules, and hoping they did good, kudos to those working on if its happening. Lots of tweaking, lots of effort in PvP TLE.
    If they doing PvP its gotta be right they know it we know it everyone knows it. It does have potential. New games do have WvW scene. It does have streaming value too.
    Watchsomeone box and camp in Plane of Fire, kiting mobs. boring.
    Watch some crazy hooligans PvP and brag about they best. thats interesting, I'd watch that
  20. Aiona Augur

Berserkers are available starting with the Gates of Discord expansion. We still need to go through 4 weeks of LDoN first, but they will be available soon!