Caution using port stone to Shar Vahl - Divided

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malbro, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Malbro Augur

I used the Shar Vahl stone in PoK and selected divided. I was not invisible and got killed by a Loda Kai Brigand upon zoning.

Apparently it takes you to Shadeweaver's Tangle near the Loda Kai camp.
  2. Alnitak Augur

Welcome to original Norrath - where safe spaces haven't been invented yet.

Sadly, they will fix it after some complaints, I guess.
  3. Knifen Augur

All port ins should be like an old school pofear zone in, and just leave non port zoning safe. Make it interesting.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This book port was changed on Feb the 14th and within a few hours players were complaining:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/pok-to-svd-portal-unsafe.288944/#post-4198315

It made no sense to me why they were complaining, I mean my characters are level 120 and the zone is 120 plus being the newer expansion then mobs would be harder so I figured it would be prudent to invis up when going there. Even when using the guild port I used ivis the first few times till I saw the lay of the land.

I mean you can't just go skipping down the yellow brick road in this game. Devs have wicked senses of humor.

There are numerous other unsafe ports through out the game - Teek porting you to Brother Estle in TWK can get you killed, Necklace of War Portal, Arx Mentis Key, POH, EJ succor point, etc

So it should just be a habit to invis before you click that stone, accept that port etc. More so if your going into a higher zone that what you can handle
    Duder and Rijacki like this.
  5. Swiss Augur

Death at a zone in isn't really an interesting game mechanic that we need though. Zone times and lag cause issues sometimes and not every class will have perfected invis.

There is a reason most zone lines don't have monsters waiting for you and if you find having agro at zone lines a thrilling feature then the game needs a lot more engaging content.
    Quatr and Stymie like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Didn't say it was thrilling. Said in this game you need to expect the unexpected. There are quirks and tricks throughout the land.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Use the Guild portal if you find it hazardous to your health.
    Duder and Knifen like this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont mind dangerous port ins so much but its only fair that you should be immune until you have completed zoning and have control of your character.
    Duder, Knifen and Stymie like this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

As long as no one has lag dangerous port ins are fine. Until then not fine. But like cat invising in advance is a good thing. I do that too for new stuff.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

At this point most lag is server lag so... Im not sure I have much hope for them to ever fix that.
    Duder, Stymie and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Lubianx Augur

There is one skeleton that roams nearby as well.
  12. Zarkdon Augur

I think they should introduce level 150 level mobs that randomly walk by and make you run for the zone like sand giants did in ye olde times.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

All ports should be safe. I mean us wizards always get a worse port than GH which is kinda sad. Theres a reason i made my own guild so my alts can use the better ports.