Mischief 2.0 in May 2023

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mrmine, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Obliteration Elder

Free trade is fine, random is not.

Leave random loot on Mischief.

Thank you
    Faydra likes this.
  2. Crabman Augur

I dont know why im taking the bait here but these are just the most ridiculous posts ive seen in a while...

bottlenecks are always camped... its your opinion that its worse, but i disagree with your opinion on that. maybe it felt worse on mischief because there were only like 3 bottlenecks that remained and hundreds were alleviated due to random loot.

you say swamp medallion was worse on mischief? again... your opinion. i sat there on mischief for approximately 30 minutes, saw one pop and ran and grabbed it. aradune I had a nightmare of a time with 87 TEBers all running around at bard speed trying to beat me to each spawn and it took me hours and hours to get mine.

exploiting mujaki makes no sense to blame boxing on or bring up at all... saying "all the people who exploited this design flaw were boxers" is a baseless claim. That said, bottlenecks and swamp piece affected your game play, I get those, but this didnt affect you at all so Im confused why it makes you mad what others do with their time. Unless you were jealous you didnt get in on the loot? Not really sure...

zones were unplayable for months... well thats just not true. 1 if youve ever watched a pl group going, there are large sections of the zones they go to that get untouched. 2 theres these things called picks that make it so your gameplay is unaffected. so again. saying unplayable is just an opinion again. and on the flip side sometimes boxers in places like sirens grotto were a huge convenience as you could just pick right across.

mischief has 10-20x the solo population... lol such a silly thing to say. you have no idea if thats true. I was in multiple guilds during my time on mischief with 70+ people in each of them and I knew very few people who didnt at least have a second box ready to go if needed. the server was so much easier to gear that i bet there were less people playing solo than on normal servers. again i dont know this, not trying to make it a fact, but thats my opinion and what my small sample of 150ish people tells me about the server.

every other tlp has 20-30 people 6boxing. again, who have no idea the number of people on other servers, or those who box or not, same with mischief. you are just making things up since you dont like boxing.

bottlenecks are better or worse based off people. again, as soon as you use words like better or worse or both in quick succession, thats an opinion. someone else then gave an opinion back to you, saying that one of your points had more to do with free trade rather than truebox. to which you said that is biased and wrong. then the kettle comment came because everything youve been saying is just an anti boxer opinion. the fact you care people are off killing mujaki while you are killing other things with youre guild shows that it doesnt really matter if it affects you or not, you are just mad at it for some reason. I have no idea why, but that doesnt make it inherently bad.
    TheRealMuramx, Appren and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Magician9001 Augur

Nothing to disagree with man. It's just a fact of how TLPs work. If a bottleneck is dropable RMT boxers will camp it and try to force people to pay them.

This isn't true there were 3 bottleneck dragons in just the bard 2.0 that were made 10x worse because of RMT boxers. There were dozens in different epics and other Kunark quest like the Necro skullcap.

If you wanna argue that this is somehow good for TLPs you're free to do so. But i think anyone not heavily biased can see through that trash.

You must have done it early on or late. About a week into RoK someone figured out they could write a program to warp around SoNH and pick up groundspawns. There were posts all over the forum and discord about it.

It's not a baseless claim the mob gives a serverwide. It wasn't guilds exploiting this it was well know boxers who sat at him for days straight until it got fixed.
  4. Lejaun Augur

Yup. That was pretty much when I was done with Mischief. Loved the server up to that point, but people (including guildmates) selling ground spawns was where I reached my limit. Played through Velious but that part or Kunark stuck with me and I didn't find it hard to leave.
    Magician9001 likes this.
  5. Crabman Augur

No see you are missing the point. Tradable doesn’t change the bottlenecks, and random only fixed most of them. I guess someone needs to explain what selling loot rights is to you. Or in your necro skullcap example, people need to explain what ’s are. Like if mischief was your only tlp you’ve ever played on that’s fine but don’t act like everything was worse there cause it wasn’t.

Just like swamp. That little program you’re talking about wasn’t new… there were videos of people warping in swamp from mangler and aradune as well. But also people run to the forums blaming “a program” on bard speed, or on using the spells bind affinity and gate effectively. I’m sure there was some going on, there always is, but I know for a fact it wasn’t one rmter with a brand new warping program getting every swamp spawn for 5 weeks as you think it is. Whole guilds got into vp within that time and didn’t pay a dime.

The bard dragons weren’t made worse by boxers are you kidding me. That was multiple guilds sitting there on top of each other for days. Unless you went super late and there was someone also camping them for a box bars or something… but when main bards brought guilds there was no boxer there…

The baseless claim was what I quoted from you saying “all the people who exploited this were boxer”. What you should’ve said that would’ve been accurate was “no one in my guild took advantage of getting the loot before mujaki was changed”. There that is an accurate statement. Guilds we’re getting top tier loot of fear golems in picks, guilds we’re getting aow/vulak loot off WW mini dragons or growth mini dragons and guilds were hitting mujaki for loot. And all were changed, but I guess it just wasn’t “your” guild.
    Appren likes this.
  6. Court Elder

Whole-heartedly agree. That’s the TLP I want to play next.
    Faydra likes this.
  7. Magician9001 Augur

I know what selling loots rights is. It's significantly more uncommon and harder to do then just selling and item. Bottlenecks that weren't randomized but were dropable on Mischief were all significantly harder to obtain on Mischief then other servers.

There was little incentive to use said program on other servers. The piece being no drop and not MQable made people not do it. It was much worse om Mischief then other servers. On other servers it was annoying to get. On Mischief for a large portion of the Kunark the only way to get it was to pay a cheater. The reason why it was selling for so much for so long was because boxers wanted to get box crews into VP to RMT. On other servers they simply don't bother trying to get 12 toons VP keys during Kunark because it's not worth the trouble.

Again not even remotely close to true. Guilds weren't sitting on them. Box crews from guilds were sitting on them, but that ended after a week or so. Then after that boxers were chain killing all the droppable ones to try to sell them for months on end, RMT boxers were still perma killing them when DoN was out. The one no drop one would sit up for half a day at a time often. The bottleneck was made much worse then it should've been because boxers wanted to RMT the droppable ones.

No that there would be a lie. Mujaki gives a serverwide it was all boxers, WW dragons and PoG minis were also almost all boxers, the big guilds were all busy getting Flawless Emeralds off AOW. A certain guild lacking a bodypart exploited Golems, The only reasons boxers didn't do this one alone is because they couldn't spawn picks of the zone to exploit it.
  8. Faydra Augur

Agreed. Relax truebox post-PoP or Omens and you got a banger of a new server.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

Too many hypocrites in EQ.
    Suggest a UI to improve boxing experience like some UI features, people become angry mob.
    Yet in TLP they want boxing allowed day 1. Complains everyone is boxing.
    If everyone is boxing, make some nice features for boxing, everyone is doing it. Quit being hypocrite on suggestions.

Also,
    Mischief is still in early eras, TSS.
    They already want a 2.0, if it's so great why do you want another one when its still going on and still early?
    Because no one is in LFG or something in regards to boxing?

Then why do you want boxing to be allowed day 1 on new one?
    Hypocrites!
  10. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I can see the reason for random, it prevents one person/group from sitting on the only source of a formally no-trade item to monopolize it. Considering how loot is frequently doubled on Mischief, what if group targets dropped 2 rolls: one from normal and one from random? That way if you are after a specific item, say a Guise of the Deceiver, you could first go to the mob that normally drops it in guk. But if that camp is never open, you can try camping anything else in the bucket for a smaller chance to get one instead of having to buy it in bazaar.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Personally, I'd love to see guild lobby, guild hall, fellowships, guild banners, apprentice mercs, and relaxed true-box all set to PoP (no stat versions on campfires/banners till TBS though).
    Cirise (Juvia) and Tweakfour17 like this.
  12. Kunfo Augur

Mischief, but start in Kunark and let the first phase be the combined length of classic+Kunark.

And maybe dial back the extra loot just a tad (1 extra piece instead of 3+ extra pieces? Too much item inflation imo)

Please and thank you
    Faydra likes this.
  13. mrmine New Member

I feel like it’s a tough sell saying mischief is in “early eras”. By the time a new server comes, tbm will be out which is release #14 of 29.

14 expansions of character progression is very different than a fresh start in classic. And I’ve played through the whole thing with small breaks here and there, but I just objectively enjoy classic-luclin better than anything else. That’s an opinion but 2 years down the road, and 17 of those 24 months doing things I don’t enjoy as much as the first 7, I am ready for another server with these rulesets again. Yes yelinak came out but I enjoy mischief rulesets and did want to see what tss was all about since everyone said it’s so much better than classic or whatever.
    Faydra likes this.
  14. Leifer Augur

If there are < 6 individuals playing 24 to 54 accounts and you are counting that as a "guild kill" I think that is very disingenuous. Sure those 6 people might all be wearing the same guild tag, but c'mon - that's not a guild getting a kill - its a boxers getting a kill. Just own that much.

I don't know what amount of individual players you want to have in a raid in order to actually call it a "guild" kill, but it ain't most of the participants boxing a full group.
  15. Faydra Augur

TSS isn't early era, the LFG/PUG game is long gone and isn't returning.

Without consistent and accessible groups, players are encouraged to box in EQ.

Which leads to the third point, there has been no discussion of relaxed truebox being extended to the existing Mischief server. Firing up multiple PC's isn't a favorable option, no one likes doing this, truebox is good for the early expansions and bad for the late stages of these TLP servers.

The introduction of a relaxed truebox server in and of itself is an improvement that warrants a new launch given the popularity and success of Mischief's ruleset.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

There has been lots of discussion, mostly on the player level, however DBG has stated they are waiting to see how it plays out on Yelinak before deciding what to do with the older servers (add it retroactively, or leave them alone).
  17. Faydra Augur

The problem with that is Mischief continues churning through expansions while a decision may/may not ever be made on retroactively applying the ruleset change.

It would be easier to implement relaxed truebox on a new server with full disclosure to the player base up front about when it will activate and under what conditions. There is no guarantee Mischief will ever become relaxed at this point.

Looking at previous TLP's as an example, they usually make changes from one iteration to the next, as opposed to changing rules to previously released servers. I'd say this will be no different in that regard. TLP's have become much better over time since Combine/Sleeper in 2006, but it has taken repeat annual releases and plenty of successes/failures to arrive at what we're playing now.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  18. Aiona Augur

Truebox does not stop players from 6 boxing right out of the gate.

Does it make it less common than if they allowed 6 boxing right out of the gate? I don't have the numbers but I would guess so. But why would this matter when it is so common place for people to be boxing 3 or more characters that I've come to expect it in any group I join?

Does it REALLY make a big difference any more? I don't think so.

I just joined a guild on Yelinak and they have players 6 boxing right now in PoP. They are 6 boxing specifically so that they can do what they want, when they want, where they want, without ever grouping with anyone except for when it comes time to raiding.

Truebox may have been worth having years ago, but that time is long gone.
    TheRealMuramx likes this.
  19. Arclyte Augur

delusional
  20. Aiona Augur

I just don't know what the answer is anymore. I used to be very much against boxing in any form whatsoever. It's taken quite a few years for me to form the opinion that they should just let players box right out of the gate.

You may be right, Faydra, along with Trevalon. Maybe relaxing the restrictions after PoP is the wisest route to go. I am certainly not in any position to even pretend to know what is best.

All I know is that as the years go by, it's getting harder and harder to find a group to do anything outside of raiding, unless you box or play with friends you have already gamed with for years.