Zero Apparitionals..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Feb 20, 2023.

1. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Maybe next year they could just put 1 bis item on t1 chests, 2 for t2, 3 for t3. And make the tiers actually scale in difficulty. It would give incentive for all guilds to clear all 9 events in a week.
  2. Windance Augur

I think most guilds TRY to clear all the events.

Does your guild intentionally just clear T1 events and call it an evening?

The folks in my guild want to clear everything, but, with the current player base we're often 3-9 players down. We managed to kill everything but close the gate which was just brutally beyond our DPS.

We're the folks who need every advantage we can get so moving better gear to T3 just makes it extra hard for us.

If anything I'd like to see the reverse. Make T3 harder but give less useful loot!
  3. Zunnoab Augur

One of the worst parts of this frankly awful new system is the lack of use of the lore tab. My wizard character, fourth down in my alt priority, got one with a greed roll because no one knew what it was at launch and said to just take it. Then they made them super rare/removed them from instances.
    Trying to tune that way seldom works. The final raid of ToL is hardest but then you have situations like Aaryonar that are much more difficult than the expansion's final boss. And then there's stuff like Dance of the Demiurge which probably should have been the final boss of that story arc, both with its complexity and lore.

If trying for similar difficulty is hard enough to design as is, attempting such precise design is virtually impossible.

The tiers are already supposed to be in order of difficulty, actually. I think it's fine it doesn't always work that way.
  4. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

I raid in a few guilds. I know if there was more loot in a given tier it would provide that much more incentive to knock them out. I do understand what you are saying about getting upgrades to improve dps to tackle the harder events. The risk v reward I feel should be considered moving forward. As in Tol-tov you could be best in slot by winning a handful of the events. If they are going to keep Nos loot table moving forward; perhaps make the more desirable items (2h,arms,ear,bp,bow, etc) have a higher % to drop on the t3 events. This way they still drop on t1 and t2 but at lower chance.
    Knifen likes this.
  5. Evye Augur

I'd be much cooler with this system if instead if when you lost the roll on the apparitional items. instead of nothing it randomly put in other non apparitional gear.
  6. Mookus Augur

Seems obvious why they did this. Previous two expansions saw raid item drops relegated to trash alt rot while everyone was all in on raid ts drops.

Now, the raid drops are of a higher demand. They seem like a bigger jump over previous raid ore ts armors than they were compared to the raid ts armors of the previous expansion.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

I'm fine with the way the loot functions now. Tuning down the cloak slightly would be nice imo. We got apparitionals on tuesday. We got like 2 on thursday. 3 events done each day. 11 for the week is almost 2 per event, which almost double what we would get at this point. Coupled with the t2 drops being cheaper on raid merchant.
  8. Cicelee Augur

If a guild raids every Sunday, and a raider raids every Sunday, and a guild can clear 3/6/9 raids every Sunday...

How much currency will be obtained by the player between January 1 and November 1?

I can do the basic math, but I do not know when currency increases, and which tiers increase at that time.
  9. Gorg00 Augur

I did the math for ToL and I think you had either *just* enough currency to fully gear a character or just barely not enough currency to fully gear a character, assuming a full clear every week (of what is available) and 100% RA.

I think whether it was just enough or not enough depended on like, which specific week a currency bump went in.

With the new system prices are, on average, cheaper on the vendor, since the prices are slot specific and scale down from the old price. You can also sell back duplicates for 30% of the vendor price. It's also likely that select slots will end up being very easy to snag during a raid (e.g. 1h weapon after every melee buys one with currency).

All in all, it should be easier to fully gear a character in ore gear this time around, but the rate of acquisition from chests only is much more variable.
  10. Zarkdon Augur

Assuming it's like cov and tol: April it will go to 20, June will increase to 30 (and chest drops increase), and September it will jump to 40.
  11. Brickhaus Augur

So ... what you are really saying is that this change in chest "ores" really didn't mean anything at all and the time spent on this elaborate new system was time wasted that could have been spent elsewhere.

Sounds about right.
  12. Gorg00 Augur

Well first you have to decide if anything in a video games means anything andif all of our time wouldn't be better spent elsewhere...

But no, I don't think that's what it means. I think it shifts the reward so that the dropped items are less of a consistent grind and are more like bonus items. Which means it tends to reward regular participation (through currency) more than "being online to loot" (alts, etc). It also gives at least some anticipation when you open the chest, since you don't know what slots or how many slots you're going to get this time around.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

This is a pretty underrated topic from what I have seen of the forums. During the previous expacs, I have not paid any attn at all to raid chest openings, now I do.
  14. MiataDriver Augur

How about zero of any item, completely empty chest? That has happened to us twice now, just tonight on the Under Seige raid.
  15. Proximoe Elder

Is this you Raptor? i'd guess a Miata driver for sure
  16. Windance Augur

1st 30 days = 4 weeks x 3 raids x 10 coins = +120
    2nd 30 days = 4 weeks x 6 raids x 10 coins = +240 = 360
    3rd 30 days = 4 weeks x 9 raids x 10 coins = + 360 = 720
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4th 30 days = 4 weeks x 9 raids x 20 coins = +720 = 1440
    5th 30 days .= + 720 = 2880
    6th 30 days = + 720 = 3600
    7th-9th 30 days = 30 coins per = +3240 = 10,800
    10th-11th 30 days = 40 coins per = +2880 = 13,680

The math is a little off because its not exactly 4 weeks per month but its close enough

Sadly my guild will probably clear at most 4-6 raids a week instead of all nine so we're looking at about half that.
  17. MagicMysteryTour Journeyman

This entire loot system is awful. Never repeat.
    KushallaFV and Velisaris_MS like this.
  18. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You still didn't explain how getting 0 T2 items to drop in a chest isn't a bad experience.
    Toukan likes this.
  19. litang New Member

Maybe he would like 0 T3? ;)
  20. Fintank Augur

76 T2 items have dropped for our guild raiding lockouts so far (Not including T3 Saturday) on 54 individual raids. That's 22 more T2 drops than we would've had on the old system at this same exact point. I'd say it's safe to assume every guild has averaged at least over 1 no matter how many clears they have done at this point. So no, I do not think it's a "bad experience" when a T2 item does not drop.

We have more top tier gear right now than ever before this early into an expansion cycle. This is before you factor in currency, which if you raided lockouts you had enough to buy whatever item slot you wanted as well (except earlier than the last 4 expansions).

I could somewhat entertain the idea of going a few weeks without a certain slot of T2 item dropping as being a "bad experience". However, if not getting what you want consistently is considered a "bad experience" then you need to not play games heavily based on an RNG system.