T3 Launch Day Grats

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FawnTemplar, Mar 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Szilent Augur

I dunno, man. All these things you don't care about, but you've posted twice with rhetorical smokescreens for the pride you just called dumb.

If the kill times are what you care about, wouldn't it be nice to have a bit of evidence you'd participated in getting those? If I posted event times, they'd be for the events in which I earned my Conqueror achievement - with my friends, as you've brought up.

We played to learn the events (most fun part of this for everyone, and that happens on beta) and to play with people and shoot the s$%* with people. We enjoyed playing and doing the stuff with shared goals -- and thennnnn 54 of us accomplished those goals, instead of 1 of us? That's a bit different, that conclusion, isn't it?

My metaphorical panties aren't twisted here. Historically, no raid force has out performed RoI on race days, so there's no ego that could take a hit. Probably - you know, probably. Vegas odds & all that - RoI as the presumed best would have finished ahead of any other raid force I could be in, without manipulating instances and eschewing any evidence of the win on 53 of 54 raiders. But we don't get to know that outcome for sure. And that's pretty different, seems to me, than the previous thirteen years of finishing first without that sort of…well, whatever that was a sort of.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Tell me you took longer to kill without saying you took longer to kill, got it. Enjoy your false equivalencies and failed logic journey. I'm done wasting time on it.
    Duder, Marike and Jondalar like this.
  3. Toplel New Member

Grats RoI on the T3 win!

I was worried your guild died when there wasn't a congratulations post for the last tier.
    Moldar, FawnTemplar and Sancus like this.
  4. Klawz New Member

How is the race timed? Just by being the first to complete all the events on the unlock? Can't you just link the combat time of each event using a parser to see who did each event the quickest?
  5. Szilent Augur

Post some more times without acknowledging that you don't have Conqueror of Night of Shadows. Without acknowledging that that's different than every other win in RoI's history. That you are one of fifty three raiders out of fifty four that don't have Conqueror of the most recent expansion. Not because you didn't beat the encounters, literally nobody has suggested that you didn't hit monsters with your sword, but because you chose to participate in a win for one character at the expense of a guild win.
  6. Sancus Augur

Actually, most of RoI (myself included) doesn't have the original Conqueror achievement for Torment of Velious because the server crashed a few minutes after we won. No one at the time was asinine enough to suggest that win was somehow different, because most people understand the race is about completing the raids (which we did). Guilds won raids long before in-game achievements even existed, and our guild beat these raids.

That you ascribe the level of importance you do to multiple people having a checkmark in game (as opposed to a lockout, or a killshot, or a video, or whatever else) is your prerogative, and you're welcome to do whatever you want come next race based on that. Derailing this thread because you're salty about this race is pretty poor form.
    RPoo, Moldar, Roxas MM and 6 others like this.
  7. Marton Augur

Whoa, any reason you are whining about your loss so much?

SR lost and RoI won.

Get better next year.
    Moldar, FawnTemplar and Jondalar like this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

We should judge who won with the least amount of bards. Or most clerics. Or Most time spent loading.
  9. Lisard Silly

incoming Raid Team A, Raid Team B, Raid Team C =P
    Moldar and Astral64 like this.
  10. Szilent Augur

ToV was bad beats and it was trivial to acknowledge that win. Lots of raid forces have encountered tribulations outside their control. Fifty three out of fifty four raiders choosing to eschew their wins so that one of their friends could chalk up an earlier finish time is a difference of kind, not a difference of circumstance or of "the time."

Unless I"m misreading and your claim is that you caused the server crash then in order to claim a faster win? That'd be a heck of a revelation to me and, I expect, the community.
  11. Rylak Elder

Congratulations to all that participated and beat the raids on opening day. Always fun to see!

And good luck to everyone on Vanquisher. Yet again, it ends with great rewards this year.
    minimind and Swiss like this.
  12. Willydo Apprentice

As alluded to earlier, TBL was the last real race. That expansion showed everyone who the top guilds were. EGL should just let guilds submit their best times now, because it's way too random on who gets the fastest zone times, who crashes the least and who gets the cleanest instances. It doesn't matter who has conqueror or not, they beat the events and every other guild fair and square. That would be like saying you never truly beat Mearatas, because you couldn't beat it until it was nerfed into the ground. All it takes is a simple congrats to the winners but in your typical exhausting style, you have to pick every nit you can find for some reason.
  13. Tseran New Member

you should spend less time whining on the forums about losing, and more time getting better at the game.
    Retty, Willydo and Tankkin like this.
  14. Szilent Augur

Separately, as this is the same sort of red herring argument that Abazzagorath employed - I am not "salty". As I've been explicit in observing, RoI is the presumptive front runner in raid performance. It's entirely likely - likely, that is - y'all would have won any race evaluating that across three events. What I am reacting to is treating Saturday's result as just another victory in the chain that's been celebrated since Underfoot. It is different.
  15. Pyment New Member

LOL it never fails. Every expansion ends with someone claiming either

A. RoI won because of some technicality
    B. The raids are too hard to beat (then RoI wins anyway)

I think it's been 4 years since Meeratas. It would be nice if next expansion has a gatekeeper raid that doesn't get one-shot by everyone (crosses fingers).

And everyone should agree: please please please fix the freaking lag already.
  16. Caisy Master

So if a pitcher wins 13 games in a row, then throws a no-hitter on the 14th, it shouldn't be celebrated because it was different? I feel like you are likely more upset that this type of outside the box thinking didn't come to you first? There was nothing sketchy about this. People were in zone, people beat said raids, ROI won, again. Congrats to them, see how easy that is?
    Leigo, RPoo, Moldar and 2 others like this.
  17. Szilent Augur

^
    there it is. You've just made more acknowledgement than any member of RoI.
  18. Sgerry New Member

No, according to their vods they dzq in T2. Just not as effectively?
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

This timestamp race is too one dimensional. Lot of missed opportunity.

Every guild should submit video and full logs so we can have a "Who Raided It Better" thread every season. We can judge fashion, form, etc etc, etc. Side bets on FanDuel, fantasy raid leagues and what have you.

Every release someone will do something really off the treadmill to capture our hearts and minds. Who knows, maybe it will get to where we are all taking off work the next day to recover from the hoopla.
    Szilent likes this.
  20. Caisy Master

And unsurprisingly, the point goes straight over your head. They won, it was fair, be a big boy and stop whining on the forums. You act like there is some EQ etiquette that was broken and you are compelled to justify something that doesn't even exist. The results are what they are for a decade and a half and nothing you can say will change it or make it less impressive.
    Duder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.