T3 Launch Day Grats

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FawnTemplar, Mar 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FawnTemplar Augur

I just wanted to take a minute to congratulate everyone who participated in T3 launch day on an awesome performance. Grats to those of you who have finished the tier and hang in there to those of you who haven't quite finished yet. Finally, good luck to those of you who haven't started the tier yet, you guys got this!

I'd like to keep this thread positive so if we could take the discussion about what all went wrong today (and I know there was a few things) to a different thread that would be great.
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

Oh and hey... if you don't like raiding/aren't interested in it, we see you and you are still awesome.
    Moldar, bbanz, RPoo and 2 others like this.
  3. Runzen Elder

Yes, Congratz to all, well done by all.
  4. Sancus Augur

Congrats everyone!
    Moldar, Jondalar, Astral64 and 2 others like this.
  5. Aldryn Another New Member

High fives all around!

[IMG]
    Moldar, minimind, Stymie and 9 others like this.
  6. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Proud of you all!
    Moldar, RPoo and FawnTemplar like this.
  7. Fooba Augur

14th expansion win in a row
  8. Allayna Augur

Good game.
    Sancus, RPoo and FawnTemplar like this.
  9. Szilent Augur

do you feel like it was the 14th in a row? it feels to me like something different happened this time, like #14 isn't quite the same as the previous ones. Does it feel the same, to you?
  10. Stymie Pendragon

I saved that one for later. :)
  11. Astral64 Augur

Nah, it felt better.
    RPoo, Moldar, FawnTemplar and 5 others like this.
  12. Shredd Augur

Fun Raids
    minimind and FawnTemplar like this.
  13. Piemastaj Augur

When zoning and lag are the determining factors in who wins or loses, no shot this feels the same as actually winning remotely challenging content like Fumerak, PoWar, or Mearatas. However, you still need to show up and execute to the best of your ability on gameday.

Having an optimal strat anchored by your paperweights helps though...
    RPoo, Moldar, FawnTemplar and 2 others like this.
  14. Szilent Augur

that's interesting. what about this version of…finishing…made it feel better?
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What? Stuck staring at a screen for 7-9 minutes while most of the raid disconnects and it takes forever to zone and get restarted, after starting 5 minutes later than others because a dz wouldn't spin up, which allows a month for the same old group of salty people to blah blah blah about how things have changed after they win a mid tier by a few minutes on content where the only challenge is how bad the server lags?

I guess that was different?

Maybe next time there will be at least one HARD raid and there can be days/weeks/months between number 1 and 2 again?

But I bet it will just be more joke of raids that are 1 shot by 10 guilds and the only thing to really determine anything is lag and server issues.
  16. Szilent Augur

I was being circumspect. To clarify, the difference is that your character (53 of RoI's 54 raiding characters) doesn't have Conqueror of Night of Shadows achievement.
  17. Sancus Augur

It was T1 that we crashed on (and still won). I give nothing but credit to the guilds that cleared T2 prior to us, and most of their members were graceful about it.

For the people who choose not to be, I too hope that we get challenging raids in the future. There hasn't been a challenging set of raids since TBL, but I agree with Astral, competition nonetheless did make this year more satisfying.
    RPoo, Moldar, Duder and 5 others like this.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

[Sat Mar 04 15:03:44 2023] You have entered Darklight Caverns: The Spirit Fades.
    [Sat Mar 04 15:15:39 2023] Manifest Drowsiness has been slain by Darkside!

11:55

[Sat Mar 04 15:18:23 2023] You have entered Shar Vahl, Divided: Under Siege.
    [Sat Mar 04 15:30:51 2023] Vius Vex has been slain by Covennx!

12:28

[Sat Mar 04 15:33:17 2023] You have entered Firefall Pass: The Shadows Move.
    [Sat Mar 04 15:41:41 2023] Midnight has been slain by Dangle!

8:24

Dealing with same lag as anyone else, people zoning in later than others, script lag and rubber banding mobs and having to stand back out of auras just like everyone else. But that's zone in to dead. If you did it faster and took longer to get to the events, that is your tactical error, work on that. But maybe that makes you feel better, or "different". But I feel like your times probably weren't any better or much anyway.
  19. Szilent Augur

wow. okay, so you're kinda having trouble acknowledging the pretty basic difference. I don't mean to project here, but that suggests to me that you're not quite as proud of the plan y'all executed as Astralx says he is?
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its a video game. I play to learn the events (most fun part of this for me, and that happens on beta) and to play with people and shoot the s$%* with people. I'm not the person that cares if its first or tenth. I just enjoy playing and doing the stuff with shared goals. The ideal of being "proud" is dumb to me.

I *DO* however, see no reason to not give the effort, regardless if the chips fall where they may, and I *DO* always enjoy the train wreck of people getting their panties in a twist over losing. If the people in my guild didn't care about being first, then I wouldn't care at all. But they do, so I try to do my best, and I take pleasure in seeing how it makes people happy that I enjoy chatting with.

Getting to see people like you that are so wrapped up in their egos take a hit is amusing though, I'll give you that.

But I just posted actual event kill times. Compare to yours. Maybe I'm wrong and you did better and can take "pride" in that? Or maybe you did worse and you can't sit back and bank on excuses to save your ego about a video game.
    Moldar, FawnTemplar, Duder and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.