Items on Cursor can disappear from inventory

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Wulfhere, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Wulfhere Augur

Category: Items [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Fri Mar 03 16:05:41 2023

Zone: Hills of Shade

Target NPC: Grom
    Target Location: 1356.00, 833.00, 41.92, 262.00

Description: Items looted or given by NPC and held on cursor can disappear from the UI. They are not in your inventory. Logging out to character select clears the issue and one or more missing items will appear on your cursor stack while bagging or dropping them, until they are all handled.

Grom gave me an Undead Essence Extractor for quest and it vanished immediately. I grew concerned and logged out. After logging in, my cursor had 10 Undead Essences stacked up (they were vanishing off corpses) and the extractor. I had thought the essences were not dropping and so accumulated many of them without knowing.

I believe this may be a new bug from the Feb 7th, 2022 patch. Handling of items on your cursor is buggy.
    Nniki likes this.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

It isn't completely new. but this might be a new way it appears - I have this issue if I'm doing multiple things while foraging/fishing too. I'll start to get an error that I can't fish while holding something, but my cursor looks clear - I camp and come back and I have foraged items on my cursor. But I have no recollection how long that's been happening. It usually happens if I'm also trying to make bait while fishing and foraging - just clicking socials quickly in between bait combines.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

I think it was caused by the item I was using from that quest.

[Fri Mar 03 15:54:39 2023] You begin casting Extract Undead Essence.
    [Fri Mar 03 15:54:41 2023] You hit a Blackwater resident for 3721 points of magic damage by Extract Undead Essence.
    [Fri Mar 03 15:54:41 2023] A Blackwater resident is struck by a green glow.
    [Fri Mar 03 15:54:41 2023] You have slain a Blackwater resident!

The first 7 undead essences appeared on my cursor and I put them in inventory. The 8th and subsequent did not and where queuing up (unknown to me).
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

If I remember correctly, isn't there a limit on how many items a person can have on their cursor stack?
  5. Brickhaus Augur

11 when you get the message that you have too many items waiting on your cursor. At least from summoning items.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

I cannot find a message like this in my log. Can you paste an example?
  7. Brickhaus Augur

Warning, you have many items waiting on your cursor. Please place these items before summoning more.

This is the message you get when summoning items and you hit the limit of 11.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Thanks I didn't get that warning in my log for this issue.
  9. Nniki Augur

Had it happen on January 14th this year while foraging. I think I was in Riwwi. The items returned upon zoning.
    [IMG]
    Wulfhere likes this.