Choppy movement.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by narkuak, Feb 15, 2023.

1. narkuak New Member

Hello everyone, I am here to see if anyone has had success with figuring out choppy gameplay. I tried to get help from Everquest staff and even they are unable to resolve my issue. I have a AMD Ryxen 7 5700 with a Radeon 6600 with 32g ram. I have updated everything they mentioned. All cores on pc are open, drivers updated, internet rebooted and checked ports ect. This computer plays other games on High to Ultra on default and I can hardly move while atempting to play. I sent them all requested information on Directx and computer spec and they said everything looks great and to maybe try here see if anyone may have had the same issue with a known possible fix.

Thanks, hope to see you soon.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Is it a new computer ?
    If not, what have you changed before the problem started ?
    Fanra likes this.
  3. narkuak New Member

Yes it's a new computer, with Windows 11 also.
  4. Knifen Augur

Is your everquest folder exempt from any and all virus scans programs? Especially if you use logging.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

Windows 11 is known as a source of many problems.
    Here a few things that you should try:

Close the EQ clients and follow the steps:

1. Open eqclient.ini and search for the following entries. They should look like this:

ClientCore0=-1
    ClientCore1=-1
    ClientCore2=-1
    ClientCore3=-1
    ClientCore4=-1
    ClientCore5=-1
    ClientCore6=-1
    ClientCore7=-1

FullscreenRefreshRate=0
    FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32

LogInterval=5
    Does only matter if log is turned on which is "Log=1".

Turn off the log for now !
    Log=0

2. Open the folder \Everquest\Logs. Delete logs that have a big file size.

3. Run the launch pad, click on Advanced Tools,Validate Game Assets, Validate

Start EQ and enter the game world

4. Press Alt+J and turn off the journal.

5. Turn off the windows virus scanner and see what happens to the game performance.
    Turn off an optional virus scanner and see what happens to the game performance.

6.. Turn off the windows firewall and see what happens to the game performance.
    Turn off an optional firewall and see what happens to the game performance.
    Metanis likes this.