EQ HUB

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Griggson, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Griggson Journeyman

EQ Hub - A central hub for all EverQuest players

Resource hub:
    Links for where to find all the different EQ resources in one place

Forums:
    General / Raid / Open Raids / Tradeskill / TLP / All classes - For topic related discussions

Class:
    Resources / Useful links / Guides (currently gathering the most up to date guides on how to) / Class Forums for specific topic related discussions

All Servers All Guilds:
    Recruitment area / LF-Guild / Guild links forum for all - Guild website / Discord / Application links and chat channels

Sharing:
    Socials / YouTube and Twitch channels / Parses / Gina trigger packs / Clips and pics

A work in progress. Time for the EQ community to get involved.

Share this post.

https://discord.gg/vHWuQQk4Ah
    Xyroff-cazic. and xcitng like this.
  2. Aiona Augur

Hello!

If you click my signature, it will take you to a post here on the forums that contains quite a few links to just about anything EQ that isn't out-dated, class specific, or niche. Feel free to use anything you find helpful. I've already been pretty involved ;), but more help is always welcome!

Good luck with your community.

Edited: to be even more friendly
    Rijacki, xcitng and Griggson like this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Interesting idea. I see you are doing this in Discord. However, do search engines cover that?

If you want, you can create an EQ Hub article on my wiki (https://everquest.fanra.info), which of course gets indexed by all the search engines. Let me know.
  4. Griggson Journeyman

Thank you Aiona.

Thank you also Fanra, i already have links to your Wiki on the discord as its a great resource. If adding an EQ Hub article is an ok with you and will add the chance of being indexed by search engines, that would be greatly appreciated.
    Aiona and Fanra like this.
  5. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Its always best to get as many hits or options as you can, in other words don't block yourself in on just Discord. Or links to it.

I and many others refuse or just have no reason to use Discord, twitter and/or facebook for EQ research but we always check Fanra :D

Edit....well Bonzz too for sure - great graphics and 360 on HF and good walk thrus, easy to read
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't refuse to use Discord but I prefer pretty much anything other then it when possible. But I am probably not the target audience.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't refuse to use it, but I find it as much use as a chocolate kettle to find info, I hate having to scroll through hundreds of useless posts just to find an answer.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Griggson Journeyman

Discord is not to everyone's liking no but there is also an audience that do like it and its features.

I understand where you are coming from with "having to scroll through hundreds of useless posts just to find an answer" with badly structured and built discord servers.

This is an issue that bothered me also and spurred me to create something to avoid that with the structure of the server that i have created. Discord has its own built in Forum feature, i have made use of this so topics can be discussed under a thread rather than in a wall of text that people have been talking in to search through.

It is also why i have posted useful links / class guides etc into channels that hold only posts that are relevant and locked those channels from being able to be spammed with messages in.

General discussions go into category general discussion channels.

The structure has had some good feedback which i am pleased about. I hope you are not put off by bad experiences using Discord.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I just looked at it. It seems very nice and Griggson has put some work into it.

My problem is that it isn't an "EQ Hub". At least to me. It is "EQ Discord Forums".

If you use Discord and want a place to look for guides, links, and mostly, talk about EQ, it looks nice.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

Discord is where almost all relevant class discussions occur. There's really no better option.
    Griggson likes this.