[Paladin] Blunted Blade disc outdated, no upgrade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Szilent Augur

Procs check on every swing whether or not they fire. Higher chances just makes procs more "worth" that check. And they're literally adding 100 whole new procs to raids with Luclin 18/19s, unless a patch (sensibly) alters existing ones to non content-localized Lore Groups.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

100% support shortening disc to 2min and buffing damage. A disc lasting 5min is really disruptive because its not often you get 5min of uninterrupted time. It also doesnt sync well with burns.
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Crush of the Twilight Sea 117 477 0.5s 12s T5 - Magic Single Hate: 28605
    1: Decrease Current HP by 2057
    Channels holy power into a cohesive bolt of energy, causing 2057 damage. Generates 28605 hatred in your enemy.

Should create a new thread but, we should be taking the time to talk about these horrid DD nukes... Yeah the hate is cool, but the damage is laughable, really... and rk3 is only 200 base damage more..
  4. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

I think the more important ask would be an aa line to reduce the cool down. If spamming aggro spells (crushx2, stuns, valiant.) You get to a point where you are waiting a solid 3-4 seconds for things to come back off cool down.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

Stuns get more favor here then crushes.

Improved Stun AA reduces Force recasts by 2 seconds at rank 23 (RoS).

Also do you have a Tempus Faycite Shard: Force of the Umbra for example?

ps: Parlay for Honor line is designed to be chain cast for the past few years.
  6. Allayna Augur

We should probably start a different discussion thread for things the devs have not advanced for paladins.

This was originally posted as a bug, as it is a one off disc that saw no improvement to the stun component of it.

As far as stuns vs crushes vs admonish lines.... that's a whole discussion that could go on for pages and each paladin will have a different take. I loathe crushes, they do nothing to reduce incoming damage (stuns do), don't potentially proc a heal (stuns do) and have an excessively long cool down as well as have a timer lock to prevent loading more than 2.

The HTT line of spells "admonish" and newer, have a hate counter. I'd rather they combined the crush/admonish line damage and hate mod if they plan to limit it to say 2 timers, allowing you 2 faster reuse, damaging, hate, HTT spells. THEN you could make an argument for using or not using stuns.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I'm sure those augs will come out before the DOT spell revamp is finished.
  8. Nightops Augur

The paladin class is long over-due for a review by the devs. I don't see people asking for more unique abilities or surprisingly more dps, but rather improved function of what we already should have.

The crush-line of spells has a lot of issues (including the focus tab AAs).
    The Dicho / composite / Ecliptic line has issues.
    The discs of holy forge and blunted blade have issues.
    Certain AAs are WTFs like Act of Valor.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

There are things like holyforge and blunted blade that could probably use a revamp.

The thing is, the devs could solve probably 70-80% of whining with very small tweaks. I made a post like this in the beta forums, but things like;

Increasing the aggro mod from 15% to 25%, because why in the world is SK buff on others better than our self buff? Adding crushes to the group heal proc AA, etc.

One day maybe...
  10. Szilent Augur

paladins group buff Marr's Salvation
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Act of Valor is the best AA in the game and I will make it my life goal to ensure it is never changed.
  12. Waitwhat Elder

Do you have any good stories of times you have used it successfully and saved the group etc?
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Saving anybody isn't the point of that AA.
  14. Waitwhat Elder

Do elaborate.
  15. Lubianx Augur

I can.

I have used it on a couple of raids where people have missed emotes when Gift of Life was down. It actually saved the raid
    Kaenneth and Waitwhat like this.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Paladins can provide comic relief at any point with the press of a single button. It's a perfect AA.
    Waitwhat likes this.
  17. Waitwhat Elder

HAHA, oh well, in that case, I can agree.
  18. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Totally have, in earlier EQ. Saved the main tank when things went wrong on the raid (healers silenced/spell slowed). Not so much in later EQ, when we tmore defensive abilities to draw from.

Also, I used to pop AoV in Velious to avoid faction hits when farming bosses. Twas fun.
    Waitwhat likes this.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

The best use of AoV was to crash zones. The second best use is early eq to LoH, then AoV, then get rezzed and LoH again.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.