Top BUFFS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Am asking this from you guys who try to get every advantage they can. I usually run SK, Shaman, Beastlord and Mage in group. So all their buffs are on the group. I also have a max chanter and Pally so toss on their buffs as well.

What I am curious is there Ranger and or Druid buffs out there that would add to this mix? I know a lot of buffs override others so may not go with what I listed. I have max ranger and druid hanging around ( as well as bards) but never use them for buffs. Am I missing out on something from them? I really don't know those classes because I just made them to make them (Heroics then thanks TA and overseers for getting them to 120)

Been playing constant since 2003 and still learning every day, thank you for the answers.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

I always cast Ranger Shout of the Dusksage Stalker as part of my buff army in the GL and will cast Arbor Stalker on individual groups as requested (can't be MGBd)

Cast as part of Shout of the Dusksage Stalker
    Cloak of Bloodbarbs, stacks with Mage/Druid Dmg shield
    Bay of the Predator stacks with other buffs adds ATK

Arbor Stalker's Enrichment increases base dmg

For Druid, unless you're dragging it along, nothing long lasting comes to mind, other than I use Skin/symbol/ward on all toons rather than Persistence.
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

Thought for some reason druids had the best HP regen buffs but not the case. DRU/SHM is same regen buffwise, shaman better because I notice at 71-75 shaman has regen buff but druids do not.

No one really likes Flight of Falcons either so, well dang druids aren't good at anything really.
    Flight of Falcons and forage? Not really something people seek. Tracking? Nameds they spawn static spot its not old school where mobs roam across the map. Charm? I believe charm has been nerfed as in if you charm some lvl 117 their attack and everything is decreased 60% or so. Not like old school where you'd charm something and that was a huge dps increase plus you have a meatshield.

Druids could use a buff really, their DS is only like 200 less damage shield then mage, and everyone is hell bent on making sure the DS is mage DS.
    Shamans they provide many useful buffs that works with cleric merc. Druid their buff is negated by cleric merc. Clerics have battle rez, better cures.

Druids they should be at curing, but they aren't that good from what I noticed, Paladins have really got good at curing determential effects.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

You should be seeking out the best Charisma buff you can find to counteract the repulsion caused by Troll butt stench.
    Flatchy, Aanuvane and Rijacki like this.
  5. Alnitak Augur

I always try to cast ranger's buffs on my group as you mentioned.

Druid casts Luclinite Blessing , which conflicts with cleric's Persistence (which has to be clicked off to land) and has less AC/HP. It is 3 hr buff and has extra mana regeneration +102 and endurance +11 regen, and worth using on casters/hybrids. But with beastlord/mage in the group there is plenty of mana to go around, so druids buff is not really required, it is just nice to have.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=62887
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=62116
  6. Aanuvane Augur

Except when you stack Skin with Symbol and Ward you get an additional 255 AC and 4,889 HPs as well as the extra mana regen and endurance regen. Yes, it has to be refreshed more often than persistence, but that's not usually an issue for me.

This is why I use this combo on all characters, not just my casters.
    Yinla, Syylke_EMarr and minimind like this.
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

In general, I'd drop Pally buffs altogether and run with Ranger buffs instead. You're not likely to notice a difference to survivability, but there's a slight gain to DPS.

Stack Druid and Cleric buffs to min/max HP/AC gains with some small regen boosts.

Clerics have a lot of interesting buffs to hand out, but I don't think many of them are super long duration so not really viable for a prebuff type of situation.

Other than that, I think you have the main buffs covered already.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

Thank all of you for the answers although Deux's reply made me feel sad....ok it did not. :)
    Probably will forgo the Druid buffs and try to work in more of the ranger stuff.
  9. uberkingkong Augur

Cleric has spell haste buff thats really really useful. They also give some sort of rune in group buffs, not as useful but kinda nice I suppose, though it doesn't last long, not many runes do.
    Yeah druids have been backseat to pretty much everything.
    Ports, wizards can do PoHate druids cannot. Wizards are better.
    DS, mages are better.
    Heals cleric is better, the buffs are similar too and clerics buffs come with spell haste so its better, regen at that high level not gonna mean much unless they start ramping it up real high like 6000 mana per tick then you will see people begging over any druids buffing. Especially if it can land on lvl 75+.
    DoT damage, pretty shaman is better and necro is defiantly better.
    I suppose druids may be the best at short duration DS? Maybe if this was even better it could make druids very very wanted, especially in PL scene.
    Cures, I'm not sure whose the best, but druids are not it, I feel like Paladins are better. The splash is really really nice.

Druids they were/are still known for PLing class. Leveling isn't so hard these days though, I suppose 1-75, then druids drop off. If you are going to PL someone 1-75 I would think then that's when you dust off the dust on the druid.

Believe they have druids trying to backseat bard, with their auras, More frost damage your spells with this aura.
    The aura druids needs are cure aura, as long as this aura is up, 60 cures to everything. Druids will be in such demand then. Or a buff that cures everything, that would be a really nice buff, it would be OP in the raid I suppose.
    This is Druid,
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=62780
    1: Decrease Poison Counter by 30
    2: Decrease Poison Counter by 30
    3: Decrease Disease Counter by 30
    4: Decrease Disease Counter by 30
    5: Decrease Corruption Counter by 33
    GARBAGE
    Paladin
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=62390
    1: Increase Hitpoints by 4811.
    2: Decrease Poison Counter by 30
    3: Decrease Poison Counter by 30
    4: Decrease Disease Counter by 31
    5: Decrease Disease Counter by 31
    6: Decrease Curse Counter by 25
    7: Decrease Curse Counter by 25
    8: Decrease Corruption Counter by 20
    9: Decrease Corruption Counter by 20
    10: Remove Detrimental (70)
    11: Remove Detrimental (70)
    Stuff is getting removed no matter, don't need to think to yourself why was it not cured like with druid cures. PLUS HEAL (good against stuff that hits hard initially and has a DoT)
    Cleic
    2 group cures
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=62239
    1: Add effect: Hallowed Elixir Rk. III
    2: Decrease Disease Counter by 36
    3: Decrease Poison Counter by 36
    4: Decrease Curse Counter by 27
    5: Decrease Corruption Counter by 18
    Plus a healing tick? Thats awesome
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=62265
    1: Increase Hitpoints by 26763.
    2: Decrease Disease Counter by 40
    3: Decrease Poison Counter by 40
    4: Decrease Curse Counter by 32
    A nice heal and cures, AWESOME!!!
    Paladin is better though I believe the remove detrimental makes it soooo good. Cast splash and you know its getting removed, no scratching your head thinking why did nothing change.

Believe druids were suppose to be kings of cures, but I think they having backseat people. Backseating bards now with their auras.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=8929
    OG design of Druid
    Increases your companions' health regeneration and also removes their disease effects, as long as they stay inside the area of the aura.
    Cures, if they stuck with the OG design instead of backseating bards, I could see cure everything aura at 120.
    Backseating paladins with cures now.
    This is druids aura 115-120,
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=62833
    Grants *$1%N to group members near you, creating bursts of ice that add an additional *$1*$162836 damage to damaging spells they cast up to level *$1#7.
    Sounds like something bards do better since they can do it on anything.

Bard
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=63089
    Creates an echo at your current location that applies *@1%N to your companions, which increases their attack speed by *@1#2%, spell damage by *@1$1%, triple attack rate by *@1630920%, their chance to flurry by *@1630921%, and their companions' chance to flurry by *@1630922% as long as they stay within earshot of your echo.
    This is for ENTIRE raid, not just group AND they can do healing one instead

Another idea that could make druids useful is, if they charm animals and buff them where those charmed pets are really OP. Like OG EQ charmed pet OPness.
    1. Give druids better cures
    2. Medium term Buff that cures per tick that actually cures/is worth having
    3. Auras that cures
    4. Mana regen buff that is actually super worth it, like 2000 mana per tick (enchanters are currently best at mana regen and haste, druid mana regen stacks with enchanter mana regen anyways as well, make enchanter mana regen even better if you want it highest ex. druid 2000, enchanter 2200) Right now its 102 per tick, thats nothing, nothing to cry over when cleric gives you something else.
    5. Charm pets/buff worth charming, they as good as charming a pet in OG EQ days
    6. Make their current Auras, even more powerful, where its night and day better than bard songs plus their aura. Whereas wizards they make rogues drool over their insane crits they can no obtain with druid auras. I'm talking 10 figure criticals.
    If state of wizard is bad DPS wise, its probably related because the ones who are suppose to make them kings are in a bad state too. That seems to be druids since they have their auras based on frost/fire/etc spell damage. Their auras stink, and that is making wizards stink. Bards make everyone better caster or melee, but melee they get more doubles triples, flurries on top of the already benefits.

Also, druids had increase to resists, but since everyone is easily +700 over the the cap of resists, that druid buff is completely worthless and noticed not continued anymore.
    Pretty much if they want something to land its going to land, so a Druid cure per tick buff would be really useful. Especially if it works as people intend, cures the DoTs, not just bring it down a lil bit and still need curing, and needing a PALADIN to actually cure it. Love paladins but so ashamed of state of druids, they can't cure squat seriously. For longest time, I always thought, need a class that will effectively cure stuff, that would be a druid. That isn't the case anymore.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

From what I remember Shaman and Druids had the same cures, with the only difference being shaman was group and druid was single target.

Druids have always been a jack of all trades but master of none.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

Yes but bard is the samething,
    except bard is the master of the jack of all trades but master of none.
    Druid can't even slow, not even like 5% slow. Bards can pretty slows too. They can sneak around the zone which druids cannot do. IVU/invis which druids cannot do.

Most of the 3 boxes seen are usually including bard because they have their healer and tank, now they need someone that can do multiple roles, and that is usually a bard. 9 times out of 10.

Only thing I can see druid being useful at is PLing 1-80.
    Bards are really useful hunters as well. so fast, dps is good enough to take on nameds. track.

You'd think bards are jack of all trades master of none, but they got fastest movement, thats a mastery. IVU/invis thats a mastery.

Druids they pretty backseat to everyone, even the jack of trades of master none bard, they are backseat them as well.
    Pretty sure the OG design of druids, was cures, be a strong contender in the top 3 at least in cures. Their 55/70 aura was cures.
  12. Alnitak Augur

Sadly, even that is not exclusive. PLing 1-70 can be easily done by any class by using shrouds. It was a "best kept secret in a plain sight" (when there were ranks 1-5 for mercenaries) and now it is just an overpowered situation.
    Lvl 70 tank merc are unstoppable beasts for their level. Recently 2 shrouds with lvl 70 tanks and lvl 65 PL'd healer merc were able to kill Fenin Ro in Plane of Fire, just because the mobs were up. That's lvl80 raid boss and 2 lvl 70 mercs just chewed through him.

That leaves a druid to be useful for PL'ing 70 to 80, kinda narrow niche for a class, sadly.

Although, they can forage !
  13. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

Not 1 to 1 but see lots of people saying this. Attack debuff can be a pretty powerful reduction in mob dps just depends on the mobs.
  14. Derd Augur

This is just not true, echo is group only.

Bard
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=63089
    Creates an echo at your current location that applies *@1%N to your companions, which increases their attack speed by *@1#2%, spell damage by *@1$1%, triple attack rate by *@1630920%, their chance to flurry by *@1630921%, and their companions' chance to flurry by *@1630922% as long as they stay within earshot of your echo.
    This is for ENTIRE raid, not just group AND they can do healing one instead
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

talisman of the serpent is the only buffs that matters
  16. Conq Augur

Buffs are a crutch. Push your buttons, you don't need them as much as you think.
    Conq