What is your controversial EQ hot take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Iven Antonius Bayle

The game does focus so much on raiding because everything else is broken.
  2. Iven Antonius Bayle

Basically a good idea but would be just 1,000 HP and 100 AC for someone with 10,000 achievement points. That would be obsolete in just one or two years. A percentual HP boost would be more interesting.
    ROUNDDOWN (Achievement points / 1,000) = % HP.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Actually, the tutorial in PoK does talk about guilds and lead you through the non-neighbourhood guild hall including the porter. You do not need to be in any guild to use that hall. If you are not in a guild, the only amenities you can't use in that hall are the Guild bank and Guild Tribute. AND, as mentioned in that tutorial, you can join the 'default guild' until you're ready to join an actual guild. I don't know what benefits it has 'cause I haven't used it. AND the tutorial also points you to checking out the guild advertisements, too.

So, if any new character were to run that tutorial series (the quest giver is in PoK by the Loyalty merchant), they would get information on guilds. There is also an achievement for completing the tutorials and some of the tutorials have rewards, but I can't remember if completing the whole series gives a reward. You also get directed to that series with new character creation.

Plus, a year or so ago they added a Lore tab to each of the porter stones to note where it goes. Unlike when I returned in 2020 and had to look up the stones on 'Zam to know where they went, a new/returning player can look on the Lore tab.
    Roxas MM, Vumad and Ileasa like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

SHD have always been quite strong, the thing I think that other classes envy is they've rarely been gimped by changes.
  5. Cicelee Augur

You do realize it is an ever evolving augment that improves as your achievement score improves, right? Yes now you have only 10k achievement points, but you do content and then that becomes 12k. And so on and so on. It is not a one off, one time thing.

I have 33k achievement points. So that would give me an AC 330, h/m/e 3300, 330 to heroics, and mod2 stats. Obviously can play around with the ratios to make it not ridiculously OP. But then again, it is literally one augment that you have to do a LOT of achievements to progress. Which means actually going through and playing a LOT of content.

Which I am sure is what the developers want us to do. Play their game. ALL of it.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

My hot take is that everyone that posts a cold take or shower thought in this thread should be 7 day'd.
    Koshk likes this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

OK, but the aug should only evolve if you get the achievement while wearing it.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are players that already have most of their achievements completed and that would be a problem for them.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Iven Antonius Bayle

Do you realize that most PCs have a score of less than 10k ? The problem with set numbers is that new expansion do increase stats on a percentual basis so your ever evolving achievement would be useless pretty fast even with 33k achievement points if it won't grant percentual bonuses instead of set numbers that are based on the achievement score. New achievements that do get released with and during expansions never could compensate that.
  10. Iven Antonius Bayle

Yep, its a bad idea anyways.
  11. Cicelee Augur

I find it hard to believe that a level 120 has less than 10k achievement points. Unless they are the player that sits in one spot in one zone for twelve months.

But fine, let's say that there is a level 120 with 9000 achievement points that will get an AC 90, h/m/e 900, 90 to heroics aug. If they don't want to wear it, then guess what?

They don't have to wear it.

The augment is for people who play the game. Who, I dunno, achieve things in the game. Let them be rewarded with a best in slot augment. Those that achieve are rewarded. Those that don't can make their own rewards and be happy.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It doesn't matter what they have now with an aug like that more would be working on getting as many done as they could.
  13. Iven Antonius Bayle

Right, but there are practical limitations. Many people will struggle to get over an individual amount of points and it will take a long time, even years, getting there. Not everyone is an achievement hunter and new and returning players were not able to get achievements done steady from expansion to expansion. Many raid achievements and other tricky old content stuff can be unreachable to them. So it would be wise to put a limit onto such an aug. That would also prevent it from becoming OPed. Maybe at 20k points the aug could be maxed already.
  14. uberkingkong Augur

I agree, I mentioned boxing UI in another thread. People are just so against boxing even though so many do it.
    I'd say autoskill AA, so like 12 second AA timer, such as Boastful Bellow. Autoskill it.
    /autoskill alt act boastful bellow
    if its 12 seconds or less, should be autoskill able.
    Some classes like shaman they have an AA 6 second recast on a slow, should be autoskillable if your autoattacking, mine as well activate that AA.

12 second recast like boastful bellow that pretty much means its a spamming ability, autoskill that. It's just like kick except it hits harder and wait a little longer before spamming it again.

Disruptive Persecution or Divine Stun, 9 second timer, these are spam abilities, AUTOSKILL! I don't want to worry about if I pressed that button in a timely manner to effective use all my skills. This is just like bash. bash is now autoskilled.
    I mean to effectively use bash or divine stun, you'd wait until you see them casting a spell then bash, but thats not really the case anymore or so often, be nice to be able to autoskill for majority of the time, and turn take if I really need to time it right.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that will change as soon as there is a good in game reward for it. The stats that have been suggested will ensure that many more people and guilds work on it as a group to increase the stats of the aug. There will be many players who will now work on maxing them out because it is now worth the effort.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How about a soft cap, like 1000 HME for the first 10,000 cheevo points, then the next 1000 HME will take 20,000 more (total of 30k), then to hit 3000 HME you need a total of 60k...
  17. Gn011 New Member

Raids should be hard again.
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  18. Gn011 New Member

Raids need to be more like Mearatas, is what I mean.
  19. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Current content for overland, "solo", and group should not be 'tuned' to raid equipped characters of the previous expansion, not even to the T1 raid equipped.
  20. Bobokin Augur

What kind of reply was that? I did not say anything about polygon size or texture size. I said they looked like cartoon graphics. Like, cartoon anime rather than going for a realistic look. If I want to play a game with the look of WOW or Final Fantasy, I'll play WOW or Final Fantasy.

Were you on the design team or something that you are so hurt by mentioning it?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and code-zero like this.