Cannot Reproduce Lag

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Allayna, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Allayna Augur

Fix the lag.

Greater than 300 ms ping, frozen mobs, no spell casts for over 5 seconds. Unplayable garbage.

5 min zone times.

It really is unacceptable that this continues and worse than that, gets worse cycle after cycle.

Update :

Now over 1100 ping. Instance Deepshade.
    Barton, Stacked, Moege and 7 others like this.
  2. Sheebea Augur

Same on Rathe Server. Fairly bad last couple days. Toons dying because of it.(not mine) Re-booting pc and router not helping. People in chat saying the same. When chat is working.
  3. Betenoire Elder

Door was not playable tonight, Deepshade not a lot better. Shar Vahl was okish? Overall, not fun.
    Hope you all are able to find a resolution to this.
  4. Nekk Augur

I have not experienced any lag all day today. Normally I have some, but just got a new setup and the only issue was that I had to manually input the hotbuttons, which actually helped me learn more of the ones I don't normally use. Also I'm from the USA and play on a Euro server so there is some lag to be expected, but again zero lag for me today at all and side note I missed the raid today so I'll see how raid lag goes next raid on Sat.
  5. Waive New Member

Lag was horrible during raids last night again. 3-5s cast time lag, horrible ping, etc etc. Kind of clears up one the event is beaten and the script is done but by that time it's too late.. Can't wait to see what another week of uptime before T3 launch happens. Would be nice if it got fixed before the race... Or anytime really...
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Stupid achievement lag crashed our One Door raid instance last night on Luclin at 5:25pm PST.

We had opened the chest but never got a chance to loot a single thing.

What's the point of raiding if you don't get any loot? Totally unacceptable. And what the hell is going to happen on Saturday during the T3 unlock?
  7. Warpeace Augur

I can say Monday the 27 there was enough lag to reset one of our raids.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

It might be helpful if people post the server they are on.
  9. Allayna Augur

I’m certain that lag has become pervasive on all servers…

But for the sake of completeness: Bristlebane
  10. Covennx Augur

Nniki likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Odd. I saw a little, but nothing like what was in previous expacs.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

you poor baby you want a cookie or hug?
  13. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

The lag threads are my favorite threads.

[IMG]
    PathToEternity, Marton and Allayna like this.
  14. Allayna Augur

I'd like a quality to the service that is provided for a price. That quality has sunk back to 56K modem era zone times and stuttering mobs, locked spell bars....

What I'm curious about, what do you get for being a bootlicker?
  15. FrankTheNotTank Journeyman

For what it's worth...

I ran into this recently. using "cmd.exe" to perform a "tracert www.everquest.com" would typically route through my local (East Coast) region in the USA, then completely die out, with a 400-600ms latency before it touched a server in Los Angeles, where it attempted to continue 'touching' a EQ website/server, and it failed.

My assumption, as much as I would love to blame EQ/DPG/DBG/Whatever for their failure, was that some backbone ISP between my infrastructure and LA has failed, and the reroute was causing significant delay issues.

I was able to use a personal VPN to "route" to a LA server and have.. mostly... normal.. latency again.

This may not be the best of solutions, but it may not entirely be their fault. or maybe it is, who knows. Point being.... a VPN to LA seemed to work.. mostly when traditional methods failed.

FWIW, I subscribe to NordVPN and no, this is not a plug for their service. It's alright. Does what I need. But there are probably better options. Do your own research (if you'd gonna vpn).
  16. Moege Augur

Yean no, guild is all over the world. East/West Coast, Germany, Japan etc etc all of us are experiencing it.
    Warpeace and Allayna like this.
  17. Ratalthor Developer