Move power infused drops to AG/FC static zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Pikollo Augur

Let me ask you this then. Lets say Ngreth decides to put the infused items in the group zones. For all of the people against this because "you can do it in the raid zone and its so easy". How will it change your lives? Instead of popping AG:E to farm it you can just go farm the group zone. Maybe even get hunter chieves if you want. How will it effect you? (The answer is it won't for the average person. Just the people wanting to sell the infused items).
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  2. Captain Video Augur

There is less than zero chance of him doing this, for the simple reason he has 5000 other things to do which are more important and which affect more people. You seem to think your issue matters in the larger scheme of things, and it does not.
    Appren and Brildon like this.
  3. Pikollo Augur

They attempted to make a positive change in armor drops. More molds. More powersources. No changes to infused. That is called a bottleneck. I understand you can pop the raid instance. But there IS a bottleneck. Making the positive changes moot because the system in which you make the armor wasn't fully upgraded. We aren't looking at alternative ways to do it. Look at the system itself, what was upgraded, what was not.
  4. filthytlpplayer Elder

The minimum probability is 0. There can't be a negative probability of something occurring. A probability of 0 means the event won't happen, so you probably meant "There is zero chance of him doing this"
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If he decides to do that it will be what happens. I am just providing feedback to the suggestion saying that I don't see it as needed.
    Brildon likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And they already have the ability to farm all of the drops they need in the raid instance. I don't see any need to move the raid trash drops out of the raid instance and if you want to get the raid gear on a free trade server either you buy the drops/completed item or you go to the raid zone and farm them as you would on any other server.
    Brildon likes this.
  7. Brildon Augur

First off, no one has really been deliberately against them raising the drop rate. Most just don't see it as inconvenience, and would rather dev time be spent on the countless other things they find more needed. It's funny how all the arguments come back to being all the supposed KR lord's want to keep it exclusive, it is a pretty weak argument.

If they change it, cool, it helps the people that don't want to play the game outside raid logging twice a week. But I'd rather see them work on things that better helps everyone, such as adding endurance to all the bard and ranger only items in this era. Something that doesn't just help mischief but all TLPs when in this era. Bard's burn endurance at the highest rate, and none of their gear has endurance because bellow did not originally consume endurance in this era nor was it a big nuke.

So no, not everyone is against this change cause they wanna farm plat. More so people don't care cause there is more meaningful things to be change.
    Appren and filthytlpplayer like this.
  8. Zealot1340 Lorekeeper

Obviously everything required for gear requiring multiple components should drop in perfect proportions in every situation. That's surely what they intended when they made gear requiring multiple components to be assembled rather that just dropped as the completed gear itself.
    Brildon likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Did they actually make a change specifically for mold drops or is this just how Mischief's weird raid loot corpse rolls works which has been the same for all expacs?

Even if you make the bottle huge, the neck is still a chokepoint for flowing out of it. It doesn't seem like a huge deal to me but its the very definition of a bottleneck.
  10. Pikollo Augur

I agree there's zero chance. No issue I've seen brought up has ever been changed whether it was a big issue or small issue. And no I don't think the issue is more important then others. I don't think I ever hint at that. I just brought up the issue. Not even that it won't get fixed but ya'll get that someone said something lol. The issue does matter. The "larger scheme of things" can be the lack of foresight when issues like this pop up. Or flagging issues. Or lack of gear on faster servers.
  11. Pikollo Augur

Its the server ruleset. Not a specific change I don't think. I guess when I say they "made positive changes" I mean the ruleset itself.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  12. Pikollo Augur

*cough guess who plays a bard and has sold power infused items cough*;):)

There's not a huge difference in being "deliberately against" and speaking against it saying "its fine". Your comment is basically aimed at anyone whose life doesn't evolve around EQ. If thats what you want to do with your life its cool. I don't judge. But not every EQ issue is all about the lifers either.

What you won't admit is you know I'm right and it should have been looked at before TSS. All of your comments are about "its fine" but you can never say "you're wrong".
  13. Brildon Augur

Lmao, now you just sound like Pappa, I've sold 4 cloth power infused I think? Guess what, no one in our guild needs any cloth we have a surplus, so I guess I just of just destroyed it. This isn't a free trade server or anything where ya know trading normally no drop items is part of the ruleset.

Wanna know what we've been doing with the extra plate chain and leather that we could make actual bank on? Sending it to the guild to pass out.

There is nothing to admit about being wrong about lol. Again IDC if they raise the droprate, but just don't think it's some big oversight you are making it out to be. The raid pieces take 3 different components to make, there will always be a bottleneck, why not just take out the power sources and material altogether and you can just hand your mold in for the armor.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And as I said before the only thing limiting these drops is the desire to farm them and I don't see why they should be moved to a group zone because players are complaining that the price to buy them from other players is to high.
    Appren and Brildon like this.
  15. Pikollo Augur

I'm not trying to blow it out of proportion. Like I've been saying its an issue. Its obviously an issue. Is it a huge issue? Maybe more to some then others. The reason why this thread is so long is because I brought up an obvious issue and everyone else downplays it like its not an issue. But thats basically EQ forums. And you know me well enough Brildo that I don't back down because a lifer (not saying you) wants to make it a non issue. So the original reason for the post is to bring up the issue and if its an easy solution, or even if a Dev cares or doesn't care to look in to it, its been brought up publicly for all to see. And in the future maybe it will help another TLP having this issue known.

Imagine for a second you make a post and say "bards need endurance on TSS armor". And a group of people start telling you how bards are fine. Bellow is OP. Bards don't need more upgrades. Why don't you just play a zerker then? Thats how you all act. You brought up a genuine issue. But no one likes to agree. Its just fine right?
  16. Pikollo Augur

Because the idea of the TSS armor system, at least back when TSS was new, was the number of power infused drops could support the number of molds dropped in a raid. No one disagrees you can get them via offnight raids, or in a group or 2. Its that the issue is the rate could have been upped. Or moved to group zones where more people have access to finish their molds. So that the TSS system as it was can be the same.

Imagine if the new EQ TLP required you to pay your monthly $15, but also you had to be a guide for 10 hours a week to play it. Being a guide is easy. The extra 10 hours is easy. Right? But originally the idea of just paying is how its supposed to work.
  17. Brildon Augur

Well you know we love you Pikollo, so your always welcome to join us if ya need to farm some leather. I just find the topic amusing cause it reminds me of the beginning of this server when a certain someone complained the xp rate is too slow on this server and how big of an issue it would be for AAs.
  18. Pikollo Augur

Was it me? Selo spoiled me. I only start here because of the huge xp bonus in DoDH.
    Brildon likes this.
  19. Brildon Augur

Haha no, it was a salty someone
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe you could make the argument for increasing the drop rates for these items in the raid instance but there is no reason to move this drop for making raid item from the raid instance to the group zone. I understand your desire to make this armor but even though it is tradable on the server it is still a raid item made from items the drop in a raid zone.