Ecliptic Fire

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Feb 16, 2023.

1. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

All your hard work in beta paid off highwizard!
    Highwizard likes this.
  2. kizant Augur

It's not that big of a change.
  3. Highwizard Augur

True, but could these changes be setting up for future improvements?
  4. kizant Augur

Mana Burn is the only other change I'm expecting this year.
    bard007 likes this.
  5. Highwizard Augur

What do you predict they will change, more damage or a re work?
  6. kizant Augur

No idea but they know it's bad.
  7. Valcron Elder

Manaburn feels awful to me, I use it when I'm grouping thats it.
  8. kizant Augur

We did Shei recently so I got a good example of single target DPS. This was the first 120s this time around compared to my best from last year. Just an FYI even though it's still kinda early. I don't have arms yet and there's procs coming, etc.

Code:
    Shei Vinitras in 120s, 12.34B Damage @102.83M, 3. Kizant +Pets = 478.38M@4.09M in 117s
    Code:
    Shei Vinitras in 120s, 9.44B Damage @78.71M, 6. Kizant +Pets = 375.34M@3.13M in 120s
    Lluianae and Tucoh like this.
  9. Highwizard Augur

Kizant there is a difference in our DPS this year its pretty substantial. Wonder if they made changes behind the scenes.
  10. Valcron Elder

Okay so are you saying comparatively speaking , the damage you did last year was 3 billion less?
  11. Lluianae Elder

Unless I'm totally misreading it, that's the total raid damage and DPS. For Kizant specifically it's 4.09m DPS now vs 3.13m DPS then, or just over 103 million more total damage in the same window.
    kizant likes this.
  12. Valcron Elder

Ahh I misread it.
  13. kizant Augur

Yeah something isn't looking quite right. Not sure I could have managed over 3.8 even with a lot of luck.
  14. kizant Augur

Yeah there's a bug I'll just PM Ganzito about. Proc damage a good deal higher than it should be.
  15. Highwizard Augur

Kizant, how you feeling about our DPS this expansion overall? What kind of improvements do you think they should make with the wizard. OBV mana burn is garbage and has been for a long time.
  16. Valcron Elder

At this point, I can't see them increasing the damage on mana burn - I think the entire thing should be scrapped. Just make it a new AA line.
  17. bard007 Augur

I am not sure id want the damage increased thats just a waste of time we have nukes larger than manaburn with better returns. I want the effect to do something, ADPS for 18 seconds, surely cant be that hard to code. :) - Manaburn these days is used at the start of the event to jump up the DPS list then watch yourself fade away to 6th! ... :p
  18. Highwizard Augur

I would like to see manaburn add an adps type benefit like maybe add a %crit damage modifier on the boss for either ticks or x seconds. Would make a wizard or two a nice addition to a raid force. OBV have a limit one per boss or x duration to prevent abuse.
  19. Valcron Elder

I am curious - you didn't expect them to touch the Wildmagic line, but they did. What do you think they will do to change Manaburn? And what would you personally change if you were in charge of redoing it?
  20. kizant Augur

I've sent Aristo a few PMs about improving the Wildmagic line over the past few years. You just never know when/if he ever reads or agrees that the ideas make sense. It seems like he wants to make the line work consistently and realized it does need to do more damage. Last year the consolidated type 3 for chaos/cascade helped a little for example and prior to that it had gotten other small bumps in damage.

Ganzito does AAs and he definitely understands that Mana Burn isn't useful and mentioned he'd look into it so that's why I was expecting some update to it this year. One issue is that the debuff that's supposed to also prevent raids from spamming Mana Burn is no longer accomplishing that. Ever since it turned into an ADPS ability you can use up the blocker in like 2 seconds and use another Mana Burn.

Ideally he could just remove the ADPS aspect that nobody wanted which would fix the blocker and then increase the damage to something worthwhile. What that is or what he might do I have no idea but personally I don't see why we shouldn't be able to one shot a mob from 3 or 4 years ago.