Zero Apparitionals..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Razorfall Augur

That's still enough for raiders to want it :p

I'd be ok if they made the T1 and Tradeskill gear have the same stats.

People get loot from the raids as normal, and for the guilds that struggle with the more difficult raids, there's still a chance for people to get the item they want.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont have an apparitional thingy to check, but neither NoS or ToL raid merchants will buy back old gear. Not T1 or T2. I guess this apparitional buy back must be a new thing. Weird. Did they do this just because of the cloak??
    minimind likes this.
  3. Dalrek_MM Elder

I knew you could sell back the type 5 augs if you get one from named you dont need and its same as group vendor has. didnt know you could sell back raid items

This gives a whole new situation we need to decide on

On positive side, less items will rot as time goes by if you can buy the cheap and convert into currency.
    But also need to make sure those with massive amounts of DKP just dont outbid people just to recycle stuff

I have an apparition I didnt make yet. Can check resale value on amice in 30 mins
  4. Cicelee Augur

I heard the cloak gives back 140 currency. Not verified by myself.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's an extremely strange decision change to make with 0 communication.

I'm reminded of the Hitchhiker's Guide bit about the notice of the new freeway construction being posted, you just had to know it was posted to go read it.
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

If I remember correctly, a few years back when they added ornaments to the raid vendor is when they added the ability to sell back items to that vendor for that expansions coin. It was reduced so not a 1 for 1 deal. Honestly I dont recall doing this for anything but TBM and EoK.

I did like how the tradeskill items in RoS worked and was not the top tier item. Yes as raiders we/they want the best gear. So everyone will want to max their toons stats and abilities. I could see if it was a focus effects but those are the same. T3 gear might carry +1 H-Dex more than its dropped counterpart. Add that up over the 19-21 pieces and it might push that character to the next level. Same with the other hero stats.

My issue revolves around the fact that what if the RNG screws us all and we only get necks and bracers as an example for 30 raid events? Where-as just getting an ore and choosing which piece you want to make is much better.

I did like in EoK where you looted a visiable and clicked it and bam, new item. Maybe forward thinking to bring that back but require it to have class emblem, powders etc in your person.
  7. Dalrek_MM Elder

Amice gives back 144 currency and cost 480
    Neck gives 141 back and cost 469

So I'd say its confirmed the resell value is 30% of the vendor cost
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

9. Cicelee Augur

Our alts will take T1 raid loot and like it!

Until we get to summer and our mains are fully geared, then our alts can raid for a couple months and get apparition weapons and whatever foci they need via currency...
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Good raiding shouldnt be easy mode.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

How bout think of mains first and not alts. Sad when ppl need all there 10 alts fully raid geared!
  12. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

This is my favorite. Someone tell Maedhros I want to adopt this :D ;)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Marton Augur

Bad loot system doesn't make raids more difficult. It makes then annoying, but not hard.
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I don’t think your understand the definition of entitlement and its application.
  15. Fintank Augur

I don't think you understand what a negative experience is.
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Please, go ahead educate me.
  17. Fintank Augur

Everything in the chest has a chance to not drop. T2 items now work the same as all loot (with a bonus to increase). Explain to me how this is a "negative experience" instead of just the same RNG the game has been built on for 25 out of 29 expansions.
  18. Allayna Augur

While I understand an apparitional drop of any kind is not of zero value, it is of lesser value than what would have been in the past several expansions.

Seeing as there are at least 2 dropped raid cloaks, plus the 3 potential apparitional cloaks and the evolving cloak, I would argue that developer time could be spent elsewhere instead of designing multiple items that will rot when the vast majority of raiders will have the evolving cloak.

Penumbral Cloak of Grimling Slaying
    Cloak of the Unwilful Thespian

So I would argue that turning down the drop rate on all "slot x" in a year there is an evolving item for that slot would be standard practice, especially with this new loot system.

The % of people using a raid dropped cloak other than evolving isn't zero, but it would have to be near zero.
  19. Dalrek_MM Elder

They should just go all-in and make T1 loot re-sellable to vendor also like apparitionals. Screw alts ;-)
    Would speed up loot and no swapping alts in and out.
    Abbydog likes this.
  20. Abbydog Journeyman

Now, I take the exact opposite view. The only way I am ok with alts getting anything from a raid is if that item has absolutely zero value to any main. With the loot system as it is, allowing an alt to slow down a main getting their BiS weapon is a non starter for me.
    Barraind, Kaenneth, Marton and 3 others like this.