Move power infused drops to AG/FC static zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Pikollo Augur

Adding extra armor molds was awesome. Moving the power sources to rare mobs outside of AG/FC was awesome. The awesome ideas are moot when you only get X amount of power infused drops per raid. If you add them to the AG/FC static zones it will promote more grouping there and allow those extra molds to be made.

Don't listen to the kronolords wanting to keep it the same to exploit the system.

INB4 OMG ITS FINE! Just 38 box a raid instance and get some. Or buy mine with your kronos!
  2. Appren Gnomercy

You can one group the trash in the raid instances to farm the stuff. NO lockout on trash.
  3. Pikollo Augur

Because I already knew this would be one of the first replies. Lets put this logically so no one can argue against it.

When you change an aspect of a game you have to consider the other effects it has and make necessary changes to that as well. When you make molds/PS more accessible you should make the other components more accessible too. Otherwise your original changes are moot. It creates a bottleneck. So if you're going to change something, or make a server ruleset with these changes, then you have to consider changing the components that go with it or the change means nothing.

The point is 2/3 of what you need for the armor was changed. So why not change the other 1/3. It only makes sense.

Telling me I can group in the raid zone is about the same reply as people wanting flags upped and someone saying "why don't you just raid 15 more days a week??".
  4. Appren Gnomercy

5. Pikollo Augur

lol exactly. Because you can't go against the fact that the final component should be changed.
  6. Appren Gnomercy

I wouldn't care if it was changed (I don't farm them or trade in them), but don't see a reason why it should.
    - It is tradeable,
    - it is easy to farm,
    - it is not expensive.
  7. Pikollo Augur

The power infused are what? 3x more then the actual molds on Mischief? They are expensive. Yes they are tradeable. But the fact of the matter, which you can't argue against, is that it should have been implemented in the first place.
  8. Pikollo Augur

Lets see. Current prices on Mischief.

Arms - 140k
    Boots - 20k
    Bracer - 82k
    Gloves - 30k
    Helm - 40k

Power infused

Chain - 150k
    Leather - 80k
    Plate - 90k
    Silk - 40k

Keeping in mind most pieces need 2-4 power infused (1 for bracer). So arms as an example (not counting the mold) cost anywhere between 120k-450k just in the power infused items.

So yes they are expensive. And the people who are against it are more then likely the same ones abusing it make krono.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

120k - 450k for current end game gear? so like 1-2kr lol
    Appren likes this.
  10. Pikollo Augur

Add in the mold and its a little more. I understand endgame raid gear should be expensive. But the fact is the components should drop at the same rate as the armor either way. The raid boss components shouldn't be cheaper then the components to make it. But those are the parts that need to be fixed.

On Thornblade you rarely see either for sale.
  11. Captain Video Augur

Welcome to modern EQ. I have news you probably won't like -- the entire rest of the game is going to include things like this. The Mischief ruleset is very specific: loot on mobs flagged as "rare" will be randomized among in-era and level-compatible counterparts and drop rates will increase; other mobs will remain unchanged. If this creates some discrepancies when it comes to assembling things, that's how it works. There are no dev resources to completely redesign the game in the manner you're asking. You've picked a very poor example to hang your hat on, btw. As others have already pointed out, the drops you need in this case are easily farmable with a single group, no lockouts to worry about, no raid force is necessary. If you can't manage that by this stage in the game, well what have you been doing?

Gee, I wonder why that is. I never would have guessed that.
    Appren and Tweakfour17 like this.
  12. Pikollo Augur

I understand the mischief ruleset is unique. Ngreth has already made changes to the buckets in the past so I am assuming he won't need dev resources to "completely redesign the game" as you put it. I didn't pick a poor example as not one of you have told me I'm wrong in the assessment that this should have been added in the first place. Either increased rate on raids or as they did with the powersources add them to other drop tables. The powersources were moved intentionally. The power infused (I assume) were overlooked.

You guys keep bringing up the same argument but also won't admit that it should have been added in the first place. (Therefor should/could) be changed.

But thats the EQ community in "mordern" EQ right? You only troll the forums to disagree with people.
  13. Pikollo Augur

Side note since you think issues like this will continue. And feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

TBS - visible is bought via currency
    SoF - Combination of drops, faction + owning the previous version of the slot (you can skip T2)
    SoD - Same as SoF but you need some group zone stuff
    UF - Tradeskill templates
    HoT - Tradeskill templates

Should I go on? TSS is the only expansion where raid trash is required to make visible armor. Therefor the rest of EQ doesn't really include things like this.
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I never did understand why TSS raid armor didn't just use the Frosted/Ash Covered items. The Timeworn Mold is still the defining item between Raid and group armor. I can recall having a guild swap meet to trade the Power Infused materials and help each other gear up.

The Powersources having limited locations (probably more due to random loot) limit the worn effects.
    The Timeless molds limit the base gear.

There really wasn't/isn't a need to further limit the gear. Even OoW raid gear's additional components had a drop rate outside of CoA. They don't need to extend the drop rate of Power infused mats.. they should simply scrap them, free up the DB a little, and change the quests to use Frosted or Ash covered materials. All done. All good. No big manipulations, no more wonky EQ 1-off, no drama llama. Simple and clean fix there.
  15. Brildon Augur

Honestly, this has maybe been the easiest expansion to gear up thus far. The molds drop to an insane amount. There are 1 group targets like Hearol the Tactician that only drop T1 items. Many easy to farm targets for augs for small groups like Kangor or Leviathan.

Would it be nice if all the mats you needed drop 1:1 for the molds you get? Sure that'd be convenient, is it some much needed change that the system is broken without? No, not at all. As mentioned, they are easily farmed, doesn't take long in a group setting to get all that you need, and honestly... gives you something to do.

1 run of AG-East, which makes for a great lesson burn generally nets us anywhere from 15-25 materials in about an hour as a single group. Clearing to Hearol will net you about as much mats as you need for the molds he drops.

So what if you got a stockpile of extra molds? Consider selling some for guild funds / trade for power infused. Consider an alternative system of giving them to guildies that willing to put the time in to farm the mats. We've gotten so many molds that even boxes don't need them and people taking them for alts. Ive already gotten almost 3 full sets made for my toons, just waiting on a couple more chestplate molds.

Not everyone that doesn't mind playing the game a little for a reward is a kronolord. Just play the game, we are only a few weeks in TSS, are you asking for less to do?
    Appren likes this.
  16. Pikollo Augur

Come on Brildo! Answer the original question. Being broken and not working properly are two different things. Powersources were changed. Molds (thankfully) drop at double the rate. The 3rd component was untouched and needs the same boost. If you make a tweak to drop more armor then tweak the things that make it as well. Once again no one can argue against that logic without saying "omg just take a group into the raid instance". Its not about time invested. Its about the tweaks being made being moot when you create a choking point.

P.S. I know at least 2 people that have posted here box their own groups. So why mess up their income right?
  17. Captain Video Augur

There are thousands of recipes in the game with mats that don't drop at the same rate. Farming rare mats you need is part of the game for any veteran player. Anyone who tries to argue otherwise doesn't know this game at all. Nobody is going to recode this just because you insist the drops have to all be at the exact same rate.

And I know several dozen who box up to 6 and could care less about RMT. Remarks such as this are a cheap shot and not even close to the truth. For the record, I box 2 on the TLP side and sometimes 3 on the Live side (including a Silver), and I have never in my life bought, sold or traded a Krono. I manage just fine, tyvm.
  18. Pikollo Augur

So your argument is to bring in tradeskills? Don't get me wrong. You're right when you say some mats are rare. I've raised trades past 300. But thats the tradeskill system. These are raid drops that require raid trash components as well as a group component. Two of the components were tweaked. The third should have been brought up to speed too. On other servers the molds don't drop as much. So the drop rate of power infused is fine. The argument here is why tweak 2 components and not the 3rd? Why not tweak the 3rd so its all in line of how it should be. Its not about how easy/hard it is. Its not about time invested.

Also the remarks are not cheap shots. I didn't say a 2 boxer. I said 2 people in this post box their own groups. I 2 box. I always have. And like you I could care less about making or trading krono.
  19. Captain Video Augur

Who made you the arbiter of "how it should be"?? Mischief is a non-standard ruleset. Drop rates on some mobs are tweaked (the ones flagged as "rare"), the rest are not. I could have predicted to you at server launch that when this point of the game was reached, someone would make a complaint such as yours. I will further predict it is but the first of many. On other servers which are farther along, players can't even get devs to respond to running complaints about flag drop rates in key raids, because of the compressed timeline. That non-change affects a whole lot more people than something that is just you.
  20. Pikollo Augur

I played Selo. I know all about the devs not listening, flagging issues and the lot. Fact of the matter is "how it should be" was an effect on Selo, its an affect here, and any other server that the devs had lack of foresight. How it should be should be the flow on any server. Everything you just said about other players/servers are people asking to make it "how it should be".

Trying to act like I'm complaining and selfish is silly though. IF they moved some of the power infused its a positive for all of us except the people trying to make krono. Not just me. Not just you. The original post is an ask, not a complaint, to move some power infused that would release the bottleneck and promote grouping in the static zones. Not just for me. For all of us.

So instead of worrying about me as a person why don't you tell me why my ask is a bad idea. Or how its not the logical idea considering there is a bottleneck.

Also to note, along the lines of what you were saying, I don't expect them to change it. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.