Why does the Tradeskill Depot load so slow.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Will say loading once its done i try to put something in there and it says one at a time or something and cant put anything in there for like 10-20 seconds and other times i will do a search out of bank with ts clicked and will take just as long to load up whats in the depot sometimes doesnt even load up anything and i cant see whats in there til i click the bank and do it that way. Just seems to me it should be faster.
    Lubianx likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't know why you are experiencing this. My TD seems to load reasonably fast.
  3. Lubianx Augur

I have experienced the same thing as Andrarriel.

I load up the TS Depot window and have to wait a while. Even when it's loaded sometimes I put an item in, try and put another in and it says you can only do one things at a time. This can happen for up to 10 seconds sometimes
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Because it has to query the entire list of items you have, load them into memory and display them.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

So a 30 second wait isnt a rare thing while doing in the find window? I find it annoying. Usually it takes so long to find in the find window i just goto my bank and use that window and most times it loads right away but the find can be so slow like not even working. Or it loaded up but keeps tell me Whoa one item at a time.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

The first time you load your depot after logging in, there will be a delay. This delay will be larger if you have more slots, more items, and simply more stuff in there. It can stretch out quite awhile, that's why they added the "Loading your items" messaging.

Once it loads the first time, you shouldn't have that delay again, it should act like normal from there out.
    For me, since I have a large number of slots, and items in those slots, I log in, open up the depot and then get settled or finish getting ready to play first thing so I don't have to wait on it later. :)