Is mischief prices normal?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wiegraff, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Wiegraff New Member

Decided to start on mischief and bought a few krono to twink out my character and just have some solo reminiscing in a game I haven't played in forever. Seemed like the perfect server ruleset for it.

But I see in chat items being bought and sold for 30-50 krono each? That seems insanely high to me, is that normal?

EQ2 TLP I've played on certainly had an economy controlled by krono farmers and/or botters but I've never seen the amount of krono being tossed around, even for items that take relatively the same time to gain.
  2. Zohan Journeyman

TSS expansion just launched on Mischief so you have few items that are selling high but that will calm down quick.
    Realistically the greatest thing about Mischief is the prices are relatively cheap for twinks. Level to 75, Use 1-2 krono and you are good enough to be able to raid gear wise.
    If you want that first on the server uber weapon that just came out with the expansion launch, you will spend a lot. Wait a month and that weapon will be cheap.
  3. Appren Gnomercy

Best in slot items do indeed go for 10-50 krono when an expansion is new, but you can get seriously good gear at less than a krono per slot, especially if its a couple expansions old. Since a lot of players have a lot of wealth, prices will rise, so it's perfectly normal that some stuff is very expensive.

Personally, even though I have a decent amount of wealth, won't buy any items above 5'ish krono - I know the stuff will get cheaper as an expansion gets older, and some of the very high price items I'll get for DKP on raids instead.
  4. Lineater Augur

The highest I've seen in chat is 30 (and that was from sellers). But to answer your question - yeah that's normal for sought after BiS items. On Aradune, items like CoF and BoC sold for 30+ krono in era (usually in the first month). I imagine it's the same on other TLPs.

On the whole, Mischief prices are comparatively cheaper due to its ruleset.
  5. Domniatric Augur

Anything that price is for the rarest RAID drops of a recently released expansion. You can get the latest group drops and many raid drops from previous expansions as well as some of the more common raid drop for very very little.

The reason you don't see prices like that on other servers is because raid drops aren't tradable on other servers....
  6. Xhartor Augur

Mischief is all about the Krono. However that price is an earlier expansion price for people with too much money and no impulse control.