Fixed Quest Overlay Quests Repeating

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lithosir, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Lithosir New Member

[IMG]
    My quest overlay was a little wonky when I logged in today. Switched back to default UI and issue persisted. Manually removed quests while using default UI, logged out, logged back in, and had the same issue.

Moved all my character files and UI to a different folder. Quest overlay doesn't display the quests, but after selecting them and relogging they still repeat.

Not a big deal, and there's a workaround, but still pretty annoying
    Tatanka, Wulfhere, Yinla and 6 others like this.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I've also got this happening, and it is preventing any of the new quests, tasks, or missions from loading into the overlay.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Last night I had somewhat resolved it by unchecking everything and then rechecking it in the order that I wanted them to be. However, the next time I logged in they were messed up again and the two or three tasks that I had had at the top were not being shown.
    What seems to be happening is that everything in the task list is being added in the order that they were selected regardless of whether we have it checked or not, and then the check list is being added from the bottom up until the max number of slots for the overlay is reached, thus cutting off the last few tasks.
    minimind likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Seems to be only the NOS ones. None of my other ones are duplicating. If I uncheck the duplicates then they are gone for that session but like has been said they reappear when I log in again the next day. Its not stopping other quests from loading for me but I only have 20/29.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am wondering if this is related to whatever they fixed for this:
    Fixed Internally - 'Bad' values in TaskOverlay:ActiveList cause client crash. | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)

It would have went in with the Feb update on the 15th according to that thread. Since this only appeared after that update.

Did you by chance uncheck and recheck your NoS ones? I am wondering if that is what is going on, with it duplicating only the ones that were checked in an order by the player.
    minimind and CatsPaws like this.
  6. Diani Augur

My chanter has gotten the same issue with the quest from Shard's Landing.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, I would log in and they are pre checked and showing in quest overlay. I uncheck them so my quest overlay is either clear or only shows the check on the one I am going to be doing which is usually not the NOS ones. Next day I log in and the NOS ones were checked again.

Today none NOS are checked or duplicated. But now others zones ones are duplicated like Diani posted.
  8. Scila Augur

Do you have more than one toon on the same account doing the quests? I've seen where it can bleed thru from one toon to the other before has this resurfaced?
    minimind likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Me? no. Alts on the account are baz toons, house sitters, tradeskillers - no quests at all on any of them.
    minimind and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

For the people seeing this error...what does your character_server.ini file say in the TaskOverLay section when it happens?
  11. Sinthala New Member

[TaskOverlay]
    ActiveList=5251,11226,2525,7558,14309,10935
    Mind you its a smattering over multiple expansions and I have changed them to other tasks and still the same issue of it doubling and tripling in some cases.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It is marked confirmed so they have done the troubleshooting. I will just click like and be done with this one;)
  13. Meeko Developer(Code)

Thanks for the detailed reproduction steps. This should be resolved with next month's update.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Seeing this, too, last couple of weeks. Glad to see Meeko's reply :)
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Glad to see this is being fixed. It's not just high level quests. I've see it happening on brand new characters as well. Sometimes removing everything from the overlay and then adding back helps. One of the times I saw it was after I did a UI copy from another character to a level 80ish character. The one that was copied that still had the quests unfinished but not in the overlay.