Cannot Reproduce Repudiate Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ashley2222, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Ashley2222 New Member

I am using the "Repudiate" Rk II Combat ability which allows you to withstand the next 2 attacks for 0:00:12 seconds (12 seconds). for my ShadowKnight. He's level 120 with 6/6 Enduring Reproval AA which modifies the time and hits for the base Combat Skill.
    I upgraded the AA "Enduring Reproval" which increases the benefit of this AA by extending the Duration by a further 12 seconds and increasing the number of hits you can defend by, by a further 6 (This info listed in the AA description).
    So I believe the summary is:
    Original Hits Original time
    2 12 seconds (this is the default description under the Repudiate combat skill.
    +6 hits +12 seconds (additional bonus due to 6 ranks of "Enduring Reproval AA"

8 24 seconds (newly modified ability) 8 hits and 24 seconds.
    Before I bought the last 6th Rank of the Enduring Reproval AA whose description at rank 5/6 showed you got 5 extra hits and 12 seconds of additional extension, I tested the duration and number of hits that I could withstand (an icon pops up in your songs window). This showed 6 hits and 10 seconds.
    After purchasing the 6th Rank going from 5/6 to 6/6 and with the description now saying you get 6 additional hits rather than 5, I expected the hits and duration to increase in line with the above (8 / 24 seconds). The actual duration of the ability has in-fact reduced from 10 seconds down to 8 seconds and also the number of hits has not changed (remains at 6). (the hits did not increase by the 1 indicated and the time extension actually reduced down from 10 seconds to 8 neither of which links to the 12 seconds base or the 24 seconds AA extension.
    I believe the 6 hits and 8 seconds that I currently get showing in the song window icon should actually be: 8 hits and 24 seconds, it looks bugged. I just clicked "Repudiate" prior to posting and it is defaulting to 8 seconds and 6 hits. Perhaps the "8" has been hard-coded as the seconds rather than the hits? /shrug. Can this be fixed, a Tank with an 8 hit melee absorption ability lasting 24 seconds is far better than 6 hits at 8 seconds. I think there are some posts on this, but given it has gone on for some time perhaps a fresh post can move this on? Thanks.
  2. Gialana Augur

Repudiate doesn't give a visible buff. I don't recall if it ever did. The buff you're seeing is likely for Knight's Synergy, which gives your group a short buff in their song window. Ranks 11 to 13 are supposed to absorb some amount of damage from the next 6 melee or direct damage hits for 6 seconds. Due to system ticks, I think you might see a variable time on the buff between 6 and 12 seconds.

Whether or not Repudiate actually defends against 8 hits is not something I've tested. Probably it doesn't last the whole 8 hits in modern content since the description says it fades after absorbing 88,724 damage. At a 90% absorption, 2 hits that would have landed for 50k each would surpass the 88,724 damage.
  3. TrueNorth Developer

Could not reproduce this. This ability appears to be working as intended. With 6/6 Enduring Reproval it shows 8 counters and approximately 24 second duration depending on the server tick.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

What level are you?

Repudiate is level 118 and Rank 6 of Enduring Reproval is level 120. If you purchased rank 6 and then deleveled it's possible the AA portion isn't working until you level up again.
  5. Razorfall Augur

I recall seeing it in the standard buff window, but it's usually gone right after casting it.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, it puts an icon in the normal buff window, though it seems like it should go in the song window.
  7. Brickhaus Augur

If you are buff locked (very easy to do if in a full group and getting short term buffs), the repudiate buff will not show in the buff window but knight's synergy will still fire.

Since the OP mentioned the song window (which as others have pointed out is not where the repudiate buff lands), they are looking at the wrong buff.