Zero Apparitionals..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Feb 20, 2023.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

There should never be a chance for 0 drops in a raid event. You have 50+ people committing to a weekly schedule. You’re just asking to burn people out, because negative experiences weigh so significantly.
    Zunnoab, Toukan, Ssdar and 7 others like this.
  2. Marton Augur

It fees like a wasted evening when we get one of those lousy chests.
  3. Buds Augur

Exactly just the fact there can be zero drops, makes the motivation much lower.

They should have just kept the one ore, like previous expansions. Was someone complaining about that? Everyone I know loved it WAY more than this mess. I guess it was an new idea, but it's definitely a step in the wrong direction. Hope next expansion goes back like it was before.
    Zunnoab and Ssdar like this.
  4. Thren Lorekeeper

This whole loot system, with named that " can" but usually dont, drop what you want/need is an attempt to force players into keeping their subscriptions paid longer than in previous expansions. The thinking being that if they cant get everything they want in a couple months, they will pay longer and keep trying until they do.
    Sounds great to the money people inside daybreak, until you factor in the fact that the 30 Raid guilds ARE the ones who are going to suffer the consequences of a flawed loot system and Idea designed to create a longer timetable to get the items that people want. I hope , truly hope, they LOSE more subscriptions over the long haul due to this junk loot system, and the Dev behind the idea will finally understand what it is to the ones who actually stay and pay for subscriptions for their mains and alts, all year long,, junk,, total junk .

I for one, can promise , that if this loot system as a whole, is used again in any way, shape, form or fashion, im done. I had considered leaving since this release already , due to the fact that my cloak is very close to max now,soon to be waiting on raid unlocks, and STILL , after killing so many named over, and over, and over and over,, dont have any type 18 Acolyte's Focus of the Selenion,, not from lack of trying,, but from lack of devs having any sense of how difficult something should be in game to get.

I wasnt one of the lucky ones who was aware they could be farmed for a couple weeks in a mission and got all I could ever want or need before the mission was nerfed to not drop them anymore.
    Put the drops back on specific mobs, and dump the slot specific trash, make it so there is a minimum of one drop per raid chest.

People have told the devs since beta that this loot system is junk and not liked at all, they have ignored people since beta , and continue to do so.
    Barraind, Toukan, Ssdar and 2 others like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

I would be personally shocked if more than two percent of raiders (and their primary and potentially secondary alt/box) do not already have an evolving cloak by now. The mission to get a cloak is practically duo-able by the majority of raiders, it drops at a pretty high rate, they have been rotting in chests for at least six weeks by now, and most guilds are DKP guilds and people don't want to spend their DKP on a cloak that they are going to replace in a month or two when their evolving cloak exceeds the stats on that raid drop cloak.

So yes, there is a segment of the raiding population that may be interested in an apparitional or T1 cloak. But I hope the devs care more about the 98% than the 2%...
    Allayna, Ssdar and Fanra like this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

That's ok, I'm resigned to the fact that cloaks are the new range items (range items constantly drop in raid chests in Terror of Luclin to the point that they rot, not even alts need them any more). Plus, it seems range items are also the new range items...

:(
    Zunnoab likes this.
  7. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Ore should just have been a way to combine with a mold to make the equivalent raid-dropped item, to not need to continue the currency system. A way to allow for the "we just dont see x drop" to be fixed without needing to use the inevitably useless participation point system.

That they made it its own gear tier was a little silly.

And then they went and found a way to make the ore system somehow even worse and more cumbersome.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  8. Razorfall Augur

I am still trying to figure out what problem we're thinking we're solving here.

Loot was perfect in EoK. Ya did a raid, you got gear, and there was a chance of an Element of Kunark for one of a limited number of neat little items. If it was a visible you click the goober and got your gear. No tradeskill BS, no trips to the hub zone to buy something that could have just been added to a vendor in PoK.

That being said, of this new loot paradigm I feel like ToV did it best (although I don't know what's up with Griklor dropping 18 million ranges every time /shrug). I get that you want to shake things up a bit so it's not just copy and paste every expansion, but you have to know when something is a misstep. And this one was a doozy.
    Barraind, Ssdar and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From Ngreth's post it seems you can sell back the apparitional drops to the raid vendor for some currency if no one needs them so it shouldn't be a total waste.
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

I did not know this. Has selling raid loot back to the vendor been a thing in recent expansions as well? Have I totally missed the boat here? Like, can I upgrade my ToL raid gear to NoS raid gear and sell the ToL raid gear back to the raid vendor and spend the resulting currency on Rank 3 tomes/spells?
    Fanra likes this.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

Generally, no, outside of maybe I think one expansion, or I am thinking of the group vendor.
  12. Razorfall Augur

As long as my guild lets alts get a chance before people who want to sell it I'm ok with it.

If not I'm looking for a new guild LOL
  13. Sancus Augur

If they sold back for 100% of the currency value, meaning a main could sell one drop back for a BiS piece in another slot, would you still feel that way? How about 75%? 50%?

I'm just curious how highly you value your alt's loot vs a main getting a BiS item.
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Brickhaus Augur

I know people raided tonight. Didn't anyone check to see what the sell back was?
  15. Razorfall Augur

If it results in fewer characters getting upgrades, alt or main, then I don't want any part of it. The only option would have to be 100%
    KushallaFV likes this.
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Just adding my opinion, 1:1 seems like the only real choice that doesn’t end up in loot drama.
  17. Fintank Augur

Tier 1 gear drops in every chest, use it.

You don't need T2 drops, they're 7-9% increases overall.
    Nothing requires that stat bump to do.
    You have 9 months to a year to raid and get fully geared.
    Everything on the vendor has a decreased scaled price vs constant top price.
    T2 gear is now faster to attain via currency than ever before.

The amount of entitlement for items that aren't even necessary is absurd. Look at the full picture in front of you instead of crying because you can't get what you want when you want it.
    Raccoo and Sancus like this.
  18. Moege Augur

Throw in the random luck that you get on tradeskill gear and it quickly becomes a PITA for nonvis.

Oh you made the ring and got 22 luck well sorry buddy you are just going to have to suck it up and use that. You will not be getting another from the guild. Too many others needing the drop before it starts to rot and are handed out for luck upgrades. With the ToV/CoV/ToL ores they at least started to rot earlier.
    vs
    T1 gear where you can actually see the luck and decide that you will live with the 22 luck or not bid.

PS: think the apparitionals sell back for 30% of original cost
    Remove it completely if you want a TS cloak you can save up and use raid currency. T1 raid cloaks is sufficient.
    Ssdar likes this.
  19. Moege Augur

20. Cicelee Augur

But our Magelo!!!
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel likes this.