Is there a way to reset all servers before Saturday March 4th (T3 release)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JaimeG316, Feb 27, 2023.

1. JaimeG316 New Member

The lag in current T1 and T2 raids is horrific - can we please get a server reset before the release of T3?

Pretty please?
    Ssdar, scaethach, Moege and 2 others like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Lag really needs to be addressed.

At peak raid times, weekends, evenings, the game becomes unplayable in a raid setting and not enjoyable doing even basic things like zoning or chatting.

If there is one benchmark DPG/DBG continually fails to meet....

It is improvement on server performance and raid lag reduction.
    Ssdar, Metanis and Sancus like this.
  3. Sancus Augur

The craziest part to me is that "after event" script lag that got introduced in the September 2022 patch has been left to linger for what's going on six months.

The intention was good - the goal was to avoid people missing currency/flags - but the fix was worse than the problem. The reward script from CoV and prior raids is still available, and raids should've been reverted to it until the new script could be made to work properly. We had more people lose currency to that script crashing our raid on T1 launch than we cumulatively lost in my raiding career prior to the implementation of that script. More importantly, it costs time during a race through no fault of the participants.

The event lag is a huge, pernicious problem, but I just don't understand doubling down by introducing another source of lag (that, during the race, effectively creates zoning lag) and not rectifying it when there's an alternative script used for years that doesn't have the same issue.
  4. Allayna Augur

I should add that last night on myconid mutany, we had a whole mini dead and maybe half of two others before the Stage Manager even became active, iirc? Ridiculous.

I couldn't click anything, spells, discs, the crystals and ended up /q out.

It took > 10 min to get back into game.
  5. chronicler Augur

Not just raids, but simple as missionas rsh, there you get spells from npc and emotes 30 secs AFTER you killed the named.
  6. Moege Augur

Fun isn't it !

During the Star phase we don't even try and kill adds anymore, just keep on the Star the 1001 adds never make it in. This is without burning ! Whatever is happening in that raid event is messed up.

I could live with the zoning at least that is not needed every second, The rubber-banding of the mob makes life as a melee miserable, after a bit you just give up trying to attack it as its never in range. Caster well they can get their spell off ... every 40-60 seconds between spells. How tanks survive and healers heal I have no idea, click something and pray I guess.

You are going to loooovvve the new proc augs being added.
    Ssdar likes this.
  7. scaethach Scholar

I lost coins last night due to the post event shenanigans too, and it wasn't a crash. Chest was cleared and some of us left without realizing coins hadn't gone out. They seem to register if you're done zoning out, or still in zone, but if you're in one of the normal long zone times ... they don't credit anyway.