Farming Hotkey?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shurona, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Shurona New Member

I know you can hit F8 and target the nearest Mob.

As a ranger Im looking to make a hot key (macro) I can make that allows me to F8 and shoot to farm TS material. (ties Autofire to the finding of the mob)
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

1) Make a social macro for /autofire on
    2) Place that social hotkey on hotbar 1, button 1 (for example)
    3) Alt+O for options > Keys. Go to Hotbar 1 in the dropdown menu. Set the alternate keypress for hot button 1 to = (for example)
    4) Alt+O for options > keys. Go to Target in the dropdown menu. Set the alternate keypress for Target nearest NPC to = (for example)
    5) Mash = and it will target the nearest NPC while also turning autofire on
    Thunderkiks, Alnitak and Conq like this.
  3. Iven Antonius Bayle

Code:
    /pause 5,/target a_
    /autofire on

"a_" or just "a" does only work for NPC with names like "a giant rat".
    Instead of it you can also type the full npc name there and replace space characters with "_".
  4. Gialana Augur

When using my ranger to farm spider silks, I use my cycle through npcs in front of me button ('n' for me) to target an npc. Then I hit my hotkey that just has one line /autofire on. It's 2 keyboard presses but it's pretty quick.
  5. Alnitak Augur

The OP is looking for a single-key set-up, which is easier to use with automated key-press gizmos (either windows auto-keypress-repeat setting or external "repeat-keypress" keyboards) without violating EULA. Still an unattended automation, but much harder to catch, since there is no code altering or 3rd party software.
  6. Annastasya Augur

May i offer an alternative? Do these 3 things; 1. Spend some time at the keyboard farming the tradeskill materials you are looking for. A little time, a lot, whatever is comfortable for you. 2. Use the bazaar window(/baz) at least once per play session to search for anyone selling the specific tradeskill items you want. 3. Set up a buyer in the bazaar for when you are offline to purchase those items from other players. You will have to occassionally monitor this character and adjust prices. You will also have to have a paid subscription to do this.

And as a last tip- If you have any inkling that you will get seriously into tradeskilling some day, loot every body, and don't ever throw anything marked as tradeskill useable away, nor sell it.
    Nalot and Thunderkiks like this.