Portal killing merc

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by baum, Feb 23, 2023.

1. baum New Member

There's been times when I use the guild portal to port to zones, it will kill my merc, so when you get there you have to wait for him to revive and then rebuff with what buffs you got. It don't happen all the time, but it does happen.
    Yinla and Eaedyilye like this.
  2. Knifen Augur

It happens alot in filled zones like Shar Val. Too man in zone so it kills your merc rather than giving you a warning when you zone in. Not suspend, it kills it and all buffs gone.
  3. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

When I use the Palatial Guild Hall I may have my mercs killed when zoning into SVD. When I use the Standard Guild Hall the mercs are always intact. I don't know if that's just me being lucky in this case or there's something to it.
    Knifen likes this.
  4. Conq Augur

Merc's are the Devil.
    Conq
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They think they found the answer and dev posted this answer but you may want to go to the post in the link and add any info that you have. Otherwise just suspend your merc when using guild ports for now.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/mercenary-died-mysteriously.286084/page-3
    minimind and Svann2 like this.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

This is something I've not heard/read. I'll test it tonight.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I wonder...could it be a z-axis issue with the teleporter in Neighborhood Guild Halls? Since we have to manually place the teleporter/assistant in those, could there be a geometry issue that's causing the mercs to suicide when they try to go through? Has anyone tried moving the teleporters to a new spot and seeing if the mercs survive?

The standard gh portal is part of the geometry, so it wouldn't have any location issues.
    minimind likes this.
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

This is why I asked about people using levitation abilities up above. I noticed some inconsistencies and had a small spark of an idea. I hadn't considered moving the teleporter, though. Gotta test that as well.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath