Gnomish Steamfists

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Knome, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Knome New Member

This item is SoF era... and more expensive then a mount on the store, yet instead of atleast mount speed it is increasing my velocity by.... ONE... with just the auto-grant run AAs... is this a bug? i hope so.

Seems like this should be fixed or price drastically reduced cause i'm not super happy about the purchase i just made.

Googling it showed that is was only 5% slower then Selos Song of Travel, which was clearly wrong.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

It's not a mount, its a clicky run speed buff which doesn't stack so if you are already under a run speed the incremental change wont be much. It has to follow the design rules of run speed, not mounts, we aren't going to get mount speed from a clicky no matter how it's procured.

It's also more than 10 years old, just from stat inflation eventually old clickies are going to get outmoded. It's still useful around SoF era TLPs.

It's 10% slower. Your info source was incorrect.

https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=Steamfist&effect=&class=&level=&view=
    [8143] Steamfist
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 4.5s
    Duration: 36m+ (360 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Push: 6' Up: 2'
    2: Increase Movement Speed by 55%
    Text: A jet of steam propels you forward!
    Triggers a blast of steam that propels you forward and increases your movement speed for 36 minutes.
    https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=Selo's Song of Travel&effect=&class=&level=&view=
    [1750/1108042] Selo's Song of Travel
    Classes: BRD/51
    Skill: Percusion, Max Focus: 180%
    Target: Target Group
    AE Range: 250'
    Casting: 3s
    Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Movement Speed by 65%
    2: Invisibility (Unstable)
    3: See Invisible
    4: Levitate
    Text: Your feet blur as they leave the ground.
    Book: Utility Beneficial/MovementThis song allows greatly increased freedom of movement. It provides levitation, increased movement speed, the ability to see invisible creatures, and invisibility for your group.
  3. Knome New Member

thats what i mean tho, its not useful in era, cause you are auto granted run speed that is 1 velocity slower, cant even see a difference. just figured an sof era item that is that expensive would atleast be sow speed? or cheaper? the mount comparison was just because its more expensive then 1 and no other "fun toy" is that expensive

im on an sof era tlp, forgot to add that
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Did you click the steamfists to apply the buff?

Innate Run Speed depends on class, but RNG/BRD/MNK don't hit 55% until EoK which is a ways off from SoF.
    https://www.raidloot.com/aa?name=Innate Run Speed&effect=&class=&level=&tab=&exp=

If you already have SoE then the steamfists won't land, but it's still useful as a self anywhere speed buff when it wears off.
    https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=spirit of eagle&effect=&class=&level=&view=
    [2517/1106986] Spirit of Eagle
    Classes: RNG/65 DRU/54
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 125
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Casting: 4.5s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 60m+ (600 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: See Invisible
    2: Increase Movement Speed by 70%
    3: Levitate
    4: Infravision
  5. Knome New Member

i had zero movespeed buffs, and aradune is only on SoF, and i clicked it, got the 36 minute buff and my velocity went up by 1

just logged in to make sure, with just runspeed 5 on a warrior, velocity 45, click the steamfist, get the buff, 46 velocity

if its not a bug that's fine, i just dont understand the price then, and i feel extremely cheated that i spent more then a mount worth of DBC for way less movespeed
  6. Morrigan Bowjobs

I don't believe those fists have a level requirement. Which means they are useful on a new character before AAs are autogranted to them as a movement buff that works in places you can't summon a mount. So, you can still get some use out of it, similar to the fabled jboots before u get Innate Run
  7. Lubianx Augur

8. Soulbanshee Augur

ZAM hasn't parsed spell data correctly for years, it likely isnt showing the right data. If its the level scaling like procs where its the level of the spell not the level of the caster.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Where did you "buy" them? I do not see any in marketplace and other sources say it is claim from SOF.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

Previously released throwback packs are available on TLPs while the expansion is current.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Thank you. I figured that was it. At least some of the monthly award was used maybe. That's why I never kick myself over marketplace purchases. Use up that 500 lol
  12. Trebla7th Augur

As I recall, this was not a power boost for max level characters even when SoF was current on live. It was never very useful. Really more flavor than anything else like the GoD items that gave 10% fatction with Nihil or whatever. Or the Ogre shield that did... something similarly useless.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game