1-60 options

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by snacktime, Feb 21, 2023.

1. snacktime New Member

So I played from launch day through Luclin and really enjoyed up through Velious. After that sort of lost interest. AA grind and raids not my thing.

So if I wanted to come back and play mostly grouped through level 60, what are my best options as far as servers/guilds? Are there any live servers that have guilds that have a strong focus on leveling through earlier content?

I was also thinking about Mischief. But TLP's seem to be a race to the top even more so then live. I think the best time I had in the game was levels 20-55. Live on the other hand seems like it might actually go too fast at lower levels.

I tried P99 and it's close to what I want but not quite. While you have a lot of people rolling alts, the vast majority are twinks. And a few things about the old client I could live without, like night blindness that can't be fixed in windowed mode.

Any suggestions?
  2. akimari New Member

Sadly it won't happen, only a time machine could help you in this case..... i know your feeling.
    The early days of good old Everquest is a gone era now.

At the time, there were only a handful of mmos available beside EQ, like Ultima Online.
    The gamers were generally older, and less hasty/greedy than nowadays, multi-boxing was unknown or extremly rare...

You could try on Agnarr server, i started anew a few days ago and the population there is very helpfully and friendly, although it is a little less populated than servers like FV or Bristlebane.
    But you will still need luck to get group before the levels 20-30.

Or you can try a classic server, and start in the Crescent Reach newbie zone, you won't be alone there, lot of newbies and fresh alts.
    The drawback is no classic feeling from classic starting zones, they 're empty now.
    There is also the "defiant gears" which render classic items totally obsolete...
    Just avoid FV in your case, exp rate is too fast for your type of gameplay.

Try a couple of characters on a classic or on Agnarr (Agnarr was a TLP but limited to PoP era)
    Personally, i settled for Agnarr.
  3. Agrippa Augur

It's be nice to have an optional toggle to turn off the fast-as-hell leveling experience. Currently, shrouding doesn't work for that purpose, as you still get a ton of experience once you remove the shroud form. Sharing experience in a fellowship doesn't share enough to slow down at a noticeable rate. The *only* option that I've found to level at my own pace, prior to 51st level, is to have a much higher level character grouped with and sitting right on top of the lower level character(s) at all times. At 51st level, you have an option of sliding AA experience on and purchasing expendable firework glyphs. Until then, as simple as it'd be for the devs to give us a reasonable option not to, we're stuck leveling fast-as-hell on any server.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

Yes Live people level too fast, and its not their fault, and really no point being at 60 since that is years old content, which they make TLPs specifically for people wanting to experience years and years old content. So on Live especially with merc people can easily PL themselves 1-60 or a real player helping can make you level even faster.

I'd recommend Vaniki (autogrant AA is on, and you hate AA grinds right? You may miss a few AAs at most, perfect server for your scenario), but seems to be dead now. GoD killed Vaniki to be honest, that and Yelinak.Once people/guilds couldn't keep up they quit. A lot of guild hoppers too trying to be in the guild that is there for the long haul and can keep up at the same time. Was a lot of competition too, it was fun while it lasted.
  5. Iven Antonius Bayle

Night blindess is not a problem if you roll a dark elf or froglok. Infravision is also good so just avoid barbarian, erudite and human. However the (human, erudite) magician can summon a Heatstone at lvl 15 and a Coldstone at lvl 29. In TSoV many Ultravision items got added. Glowing Stone Band from Sol A should be the easiest available item for infravision.

Dark Elf
    Froglok
    Dwarf
    Drakkin
    Gnome
    Half Elf
    Halfling
    High Elf
    Iksar
    Ogre
    Toll
    Vah Shir
    Wood Elf
    Barbarian
    Erudite
    Human
  6. Dre. Altoholic

I seem to recall Mangler server's selling point that it had slower progression. Not sure if that's still a thing or if anyone even plays there.

You could always just make a bunch of alts and focus on questing/epics/chasing loot rather than just blasting out levels.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Nirrtix Journeyman

Th

They need to make a server with Defiant gear turned off.
    Turn off the new starting zone and force people to use the old starting zones.
    Make it more like it was.
    I hope if they ever make an EQ 3 they go back to their roots.
    Vazz likes this.
  8. Iven Antonius Bayle

Could happen for a TLP server where a big part of the cash is earned by AllAccess but never will happen for a live server because from the perspective of a profit orientated company that is part of the global world commerce system, they want to sell expansions which does require that the players do level up the PCs as fast as possible and Defiant gear does further that, and which is the whole point of all the hotzones and zone experience bonuses in TSS (and other zones) starting with CR.