Feature request: Locked chat windows shouldn't be able to be closed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zleski, Feb 21, 2023.

1. zleski Augur

Really, the subject says it all here. If I have a locked window, why can I accidentally click the x to close it, thus losing ALL settings/filters for that window and its tabs?
  2. Herf Augur

YES they should fix this. I've complained about it in the past. The window/tab situation is so tedius to use in this game, it takes some effort to recreate a window lost when you accidentally click the x. Locked should mean fully locked.
  3. Meeko Developer(Code)

Sounds reasonable that locking a window should prevent it from being closed. I submitted a ticket to update that behavior.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

On these perma windows I also uncheck "Esc to Close" in Window options.
    Herf and Paladin like this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

I lock my tells window so I don't accidentally drag it around, but I want to be able to close it when done chatting. This will adversely impact usability. A new option per window to disable close will work better.
  6. zleski Augur

This is a good point. I use tell windows, too, and lock them in place as well. The implementation of my feature request would probably be best done as an option "Hide/disable [x] to close for this window."
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will this include locked bags?

I get really annoyed with one of my clicky bags closing everytime I zone. Or give us back the potion belt :p
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why when you can use hotbars for the exact same thing and have more potion belt slots available?
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

I would settle for more Hot Bars and Social pages.

But will this also prevent locked windows from closing when players hit the short cuts?

Example the tribute window is alt U?

Would be really nice to completely lock our UI so it can't be moved or closed...scaling would also really help in case you accidently resize the EQ window also.:(
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats the thing it doesn't do what the potion belt did.

With the potion belt I could remove a half used mod rod and destroy it, now I have to keep opening bags and try and keep it open, so when mages say they are casting another mid raid, I can destroy it if I stil have a charge left on it.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That sounds like it should be brought up as a request to get it changed as the hot bars are supposed to replace the potion belt.
  12. Angahran Augur

So basically there needs to be a way to grab an item from it's hotbar button and not hve to go find it in a bag.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

It might involve applying the base inventory slot to the bag slot. Currently, you can put an empty bag or inventory slot on your hot bar and whenever there is an item there, you can interact with it.

To my knowledge, this is how necros do it with their cloaks.
  14. Herf Augur

I use tell windows as well but for me they're disposable once the conversation is over. Why would you go to the trouble to lock them in place after receiving a tell?
  15. Herf Augur

16. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Meeko should be running Darkpaw Games.
    Herf likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It was brought up when they removed the potion belt and replaced it with hotbars......still not enough socials to go in said hotbars....again requested and ignored.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not something that I remember and it doesn't mean that it can't be brought up again or make a new way to destroy those types of items with a right click item or something similar.
  19. Meeko Developer(Code)

A per-window toggle (similar to Esc to Close) to hide the X from the window's header bar seems like it could be done. Keep in mind that the "Close" option in the context menu is tied to that X in the header bar, so that would be disabled when the X was removed.

This went from a 30m job to a much longer one. :p
    Thunderkiks, zleski, Fanra and 5 others like this.
  20. zleski Augur

I dig that. :)

I was thinking: The main chat window (eg, the only one there that exists when one makes a brand new toon with vanilla UI) has no x and the 'close' menu option is greyed out, though you can close it if 'close with esc' is enabled (which is another enhancement request, I guess). Maybe that "window style" could be repurposed here?

Honestly, I'm jazzed the request seems to be somewhat easy to do, even if we keep piling stuff on :p
    Meeko likes this.