Hey Daybreak give us a TS break

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

What has changed the last couple of expansions with the Poison making materials? They are more rare than hens teeth and we us non rogues need our poisons too. Im talking about
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=141827
    and
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=141825

My grouping has not changed in over a decade neither has my looting. Well it has changed because I now get practically No poison making materials at all. 3 months into the expansion and I do not even have enough to make one stack of poison and the baz prices ARE STUPID.

I used to get these materials off regular mobs at a constant rate now its almost impossible to get them. I moved around , im finished with merc, partisan and savior and edging in on hunter achievements. So I do see different mob types, This was also like this last expansion.

I have been loot hogging for many years since im the only one who ts's in my group and I have definitely seen a change in the drop rate. You have taken it off certain mobs or changed the percentage it drops. Can you PLEASE up the rate on this stuff? Its like going out with out buffs on without poisons.

There was an item from plane of war I think that was a clickie for poison but the one it makes is level 10 I think so pretty weak by todays standard. Can you make a new updated one like you did with The Horn of Unity?
    Mrtyu, Kendeth, Angahran and 7 others like this.
  2. Silvena *poke*

Getting tells like.. "Hey, got any of those spider's bites?"

Sure! It's just the previous version because the Luclinite venom drops are hiding.
  3. Covennx Augur

Only place the venoms drop in NOS is off Skeletons (that I've seen), which are only in 1 zone, mostly at 1 camp, and they are still rare drops off of them. How they got relegated to only be on skeletons, I have no clue.
    gnomeboss, Lubianx and Silvena like this.
  4. Alnitak Augur

And on top of all that drop rate misery, those venoms can be received from the Overseer from 24-hr Research quests or high-level critical successes off 6-hr quests. Why so much poison scarcity indeed?
    Once NoS went live I have ran TS-collect quests from Overseer for all 3 of my accounts. I have collected hundreds (plural) of various TS materials from ToL and barely accumulated a dozen or so Luclinite Laced Nigriventer Venoms for Spider Bite XXI.
    And somehow I have multiple thousands of fish scales. What the heck? The ratio should be reversed.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Put poisons on forage table.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Flatchy like this.
  6. Silvena *poke*

The plant ones are able to be foraged. I can understand not having the venom foraged. But the abysmal drop rate needs to be addressed.
  7. FYAD Augur

Not disagreeing about drop rate, but these poisons aren't that great. Only reason that I would use them is to help rogues on raids to proc their alliance.
  8. Lubianx Augur

I can confirm that I have only seen them off skeletons in NoS (there are a couple in Shar Vahl as well that have dropped them). I have been trying to farm them for our rogues whilst evolving my cloak slowly.

I first thought that it may only be undead, but the undead in Deepshade don't drop them

In a 2.5 hour session, I found 3 gormar and 3 nigriventer (sp)
  9. Szilent Augur

it would be good if farming them - worked.
    Silvena likes this.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Reminds me back in the day when SK didnt even bother using their pets. I dont care if its 5 dps its more dps than you started with. Eq is a game of small gains that all add up. You do realize that more than just rouges use poison? That is like telling casters to not bother with their proc potions. Oh and there is more to life than logging on 3 nights a week or whatever so you can go do the Hokie Pokie (raid).

/EM bows, steps off soapbox, farts, walks off towards Lavastorm.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Rogues are notorious cheapskates. I tried to stock lots of poison TS items on my baz vendor and they only sold if I basically gave them away. The reason people charge more is because there is hardly any volume or plat to be made selling to rogues (at least in my experience).
  12. FYAD Augur

You act like you're being denied something game-breakingly powerful that is going to significantly affect your ability to enjoy the game. It's not, and it won't.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Its not game breakingly powerful , did you miss the small gains that add up part? Some people like to mash every button they can, keep every aa on cooldown just so they can play to their max potential. I can see that is not your style and that is your right. Perhaps to some people if they are not doing the best they know they could , it may hamper their enjoyment.

That is just arguing playstyles so is neither here nor there. The fact of the matter is THINGS HAVE CHANGED. I used to get stacks of those poisons just from regular playing. I have yet to get one stack in 3 months and so far everyone but you has agreed with this. I would just like them to look into it and up the drop rate on them.

As far as rogues being cheap skates it appears they can be because as people have pointed out their poison making materials seem to be dropping like regular AND can be foraged. I have already given away stacks of those since I cannot use them. Its the Nigriventor and Gormar ones that cannot and are used by non rogues.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

for rogues it would make more sense if it was pick pockatable off of mobs.
    Alnitak, Rijacki and Svann2 like this.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

While it is possible for any character to get forage from AA, I agree it would make more sense if poison mats were pick-pocketable as it would both be rogue specific and would give some valuable reason to max and use the skill that's rogue specific.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm just waiting for the day that I don't have to AFK for 45 damn minutes autocombining fish scales.
    Silvena likes this.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Kinda weird that everyone would be carrying poison ingredients just when a rogue is around.

but it's a world with kicking snakes.
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

When they first came out with the MAKE ALL button for tradeskills I was pretty stoked. I was pretty dissapointed the first time i used it and it did not make all the combines at once. I usually hit the fish cleaning table when I accumulate 7 thousand or so fish scales from overseer. A true MAKE ALL button would be a good thing.
    Silvena and Fenthen like this.