Shorten Overseer quest duration by 30 min

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Axxius, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Brickhaus Augur

This has nothing to do with the actual subject of the thread, but if you think Daybreak (or any company) only has to pay the salary that an employee receives, you could not be more wrong. Retirement, payroll taxes, health insurance, etc. That $100k salary cost Daybreak probably closer to $180k.
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I remember LOTD 24 hrs was always annoying little by little it got out of reach. The they reduced it to like 20 hrs or something and now its like 15 think because of some vet reward shortened the time on them. i hate spending 4 sc to finish quests.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

LOL, the word average is key here. There are a handful that make 8-10 times than, while the majority make significantly less than that.
  4. Riou EQResource

If it was fine on Beta it sounds like you probably have too many agents, try converting a ton of them down to like 300 range count, the more you have the laggier everything gets when using overseer
    Kendeth likes this.
  5. MmmmBop Wise Troll

How about a new perk that reduces overseer mission lengths by 5% and increases rates of success by 5%?
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

or a 5% reduction for gold members.
  7. Notinterested Augur

It wouldn't even be that much. You seem to forget they give every all access member 500 free SC a month. That is going to be a huge chunk of all SC spent if not most of it.

I dont think people forking over actual $$$ to finish overseer quests is anywhere near as common as the people on these forums want to believe it is.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I normally just let it rollover if the tasks are not ready. For those on a schedule though, I can see how a 30 minute or hour could be useful.
  9. Mukkul Augur

I would do conversions, but the horrendous delays while trying to run through a convert quest prevents it. When every conversion quest takes 2 minutes to process (varies by player), it would take a week of evenings doing overseer non-stop in order to run the hundreds of conversions needed. So I just don't do conversions until they decide to fix the horrible delays.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

It is an opportunity for players that do use AllAccess accounts to get rid of SC. However 500 SC per month is not much and the marketplace is pretty big, so I don't think that it has much influence on Overseer.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

It is a dilemma. At some point of hoarded agents the lag is getting that big that conversions are hardly doable which then does increase the lag further. Overseer might become unusable in a few years for those accounts with thousands of agents.
  12. kookoo Augur

i would like agents to stop to pile up when i reach 3 or 4 duplicated of them . a button to toggle on or off ,
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's what I keep suggesting as well.

Actually, I'd like the ability to just delete duplicate agents instead of converting them. That would be SO much quicker. Once you have all categories maxed and have all the agents (that you can get via conversions), converting dupes serves no purpose.
  14. kizant Augur

One trick I found to get around this problem is to do overseer once a week instead of once a day.