2 Servers 2023

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ibc93, Feb 20, 2023.

1. ibc93 Elder

Thoughts?

1: Mischief Clone - Free Trade, Random Loot, Mangler XP, & Truebox (relaxed much later)

2 Mischief/Rizlona Clone - Free Trade, Random Loot, Mangler XP, NO Truebox at start. Anyone caught boxing/botting on server 1 gets sent to server 2.
    Thewiz likes this.
  2. filthytlpplayer Elder

If anyone gets caught botting on either server just ban them.
  3. Brildon Augur

Nah, leave mischief alone!
  4. Crackers Augur

DBG does not have the resources to police that, and they're not going to add in the work of transferring characters between servers when the ban hammer works faster and those idiots will resub on new accounts anyway.
  5. Zansobar Augur

As long as they tone down the bonus loot that was enabled on Mischief I'm good with #1.
  6. Leifer Augur

I'm not buying the arguments that DBG doesn't have resources to police things. It is much more likely they don't WANT to police things. There is no monetary incentive to ban 6 accounts to make 1 account happ(ier).

Don't get me wrong - I'm not advocating policing anything specifically. However, we should not be letting DBG off the hook by pretending they aren't policing things because they 1) lack the technological tools or 2) lack the resources.

DBG has incentive to maximize profit, and I personally think, it is much more profitable to take part in the "black market" than abolish it. Just make the black market legal, or look the other way when it's questionable.
  7. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Classic Start
    Relaxed Truebox

I can alt-tab between my main character and my lazy box whose only purpose is to buff. I don't want to look at a second computer to see him. I don't want to look up guides on how to circumvent truebox either. I just want to alt-tab every 45 minutes to re-buff.
  8. Zansobar Augur

If that was all you were doing you could just log your box out and back in every 45 mins and play on one computer.
  9. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

How will my main get my box's buffs? If Daybreak gives us a relaxed truebox server, I can technically create two buff boxes. Just imagine. "ISmellLikeInnySwamp is LFG + 2 OOG boxes." Instant invites!
  10. Captain Video Augur

The 2023 Roadmap suggests there will be only one new TLP this year.
    Brontus likes this.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

BOTH with random loots?

/hard pass

Enough random loot already. If you want to find a specific slot item, this is a pain in the... ask me later.

Great roleplay to have to just farm PP and buy everything.

Great for Kronoquest
    crap for actual RPG.

There should only be one original owner of those Dwarven Workboots and a rando skeleton is'nt it.

also-

FWIW

Many of the longer friendships I've found in EQ have been when myself and another player (or 6!) camping for the same item / step in a quest and /shock "cooperating"
  12. Psalmz Elder

Very possible, other than last year, the 2nd server was an "overflow" sever.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you only consider the last 2 years sure. Neither of the Mangler/Selo or Aradune/Rizlona were considered overflow servers either. So since the invention of AoC we've had 4 instances of double servers and only 1 was an overflow. We've also had 4 instances of a single server release (Phinny, Agnarr, Coirnav, Miragul).
    Aiona likes this.
  14. Crabman Augur

I agree with you that if there are two servers, I do not think they should both be randomized loot.

That said, this is not just an rpg but an mmo rpg. And having an open market to buy, sell and trade is a huge part of player interaction and of the game. I would be perfectly ok with just free trade and no random, as I feel like that was the real draw to mischief, not the random aspect.
  15. Kuldiin Journeyman

Dead is dead server. You die, lose all your loot and get banned from the forum forever.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

Why would people caught boxing within the rules of truebox be punished? Why are you conflating boxing and botting?
  17. Runes Augur

I hope they only roll out one server. I do not think there is going to be enough interested players to keep 2 new TLP servers decently populated for any appreciable time, just because Yelinak, Thornblade and Mischief are still popular and unless the ruleset is so amazingly good to draw people to leave those three servers, one or both of the new servers will die out quickly due to underpopulation after a few months.

The reality is that its just 90% of the existing player base that just recycles, hopping from one server to another. Brand new players starting to play are far too few.

Yes it will be a zoo for the 1st 2-3 weeks of launch if only a single server is rolled out but it will last longer and play better for grouping and raiding months after.
  18. MaestroM Augur

Compromise solution = Mobs drop their normal loot table + one or more random(level appropriate) loots. You can still camp /Sup for that sweet sweet Guise but it can also drop elsewhere.

Edit: Lol profanity filter took out my reference to an abbreviated assassin.
    Psalmz likes this.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Assassin / Supplier = a$$up /nod /lol

and yeah, can we keep the actual roleplay of an RPG. They need not be mutually exclusive loot tables.- Traditional loot table, add a rando from same expansion and tier.

Also

<many> players have built the drop information on Magelo and on Allakhazam. Totally randomizined loot lottery a-la Diablo takes a steamer on that. When joe_player wants to fill a slot, it's nice that joe can look up where to find it. Like EQ has always been, successfully, for over 2 decades.
  20. TLP Addict Augur

[quote="Runes, post: 4199785, member: 414024" because Yelinak, Thornblade and Mischief are still popular [/quote]