The announcement has leaked, I saw it, here's what I know

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Captain Video, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Captain Video Augur

Do not shoot the messenger...

Due to staffing limitations, the company looked to outsource the setup and admin of the next TLP. By competitive bid, they selected ChatGPT. The bot was given the entire forum history, plus all logged General chat on all servers for the last 10 years to analyze. From this it has selected the next server's ruleset.

ChatGPT does not like gaming, it does not like EQ, and it does not like you. It does like other bots. So, we are getting a bot vs. human PvP TLP server. All combat will be refereed by bot GMs, and all GM decisions are final. Any human appeals will be streamed on TikTok so the rest of the gaming world can see how badly the bots are pwning the humans in EQ. Humans will get relaxed truebox at server launch (limit 3), bots can do whatever they can program for themselves. Third-party software will be allowed, so if you think you can outcode ChatGPT, take your best shot. GM bots have the authority to suspend human accounts. To reiterate, all GM decisions are final.

The server will run for 30 days. Classic will be two days, after which the following expansions will unlock at the rate of one per day. Bot players will be instantly PL'ed to level cap; human players are on their own. Loot rules are that if you kill a mob, every player in your group gets one of every item the mob can drop, DPS race wins, except when a GM adjudicates to which group a camp belongs. To reiterate, all GM decisions are final.

At the rate of one expansion per day, the bot players will have a lot of free time, so there are some special rules to ensure that human players continue to have fair access to the market. I didn't get any details on this, however. GMs will be running daily events, all of which will be streamed, to further showcase human ineptitude to the rest of the world. Event prizes will be awarded which can be used on any server. Prizes are free trade and can be sold for KR. All GM decisions on prize awards are final.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the highlights of what I got. Please understand this was a sneak peek on my part; the actual announcement was dated for release on 1 Apr.
    Brontus, Yinla and Psalmz like this.
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

:D

3. Delacroix Journeyman

LOL Second one is Dark Ages of Camelot. ChatGPT gonna get sued.
  4. Appren Gnomercy

ChatGPT hates me (these are NOT my suggestions, but silly chatgpt!)

Sure, here are some suggestions for a ruleset for a new EverQuest TLP (Time-Locked Progression) server:
    1. Classic experience rates: The server should use classic experience rates, with players leveling up at a slower pace than on modern EverQuest servers.
    2. Content lockouts: New expansions should be released on a set schedule, with content lockouts in place to prevent players from progressing too quickly. For example, the server could release expansions every 3-4 months and implement lockouts on raids, zones, and quests to ensure that players can't progress to the next expansion until a certain amount of time has passed.
    3. Limited cash shop: To maintain a classic experience, the server should have a limited cash shop that only offers cosmetic items or experience boost potions that do not significantly impact gameplay.
    4. No multi-boxing: Players should not be allowed to use multiple accounts to box, as this can give them an unfair advantage over other players.
    5. PvP server ruleset: For players who enjoy PvP, the server could offer a separate PvP ruleset where players can engage in open-world PvP, with restrictions to prevent griefing and unfair gameplay.
    6. Quest and NPC scripting: The server could introduce new quests and NPCs with unique scripting to keep the gameplay fresh and challenging for players who have played EverQuest before.
    7. Friendly community rules: The server could implement rules to promote a friendly and welcoming community, such as no hate speech or toxicity in chat, and punishments for players who engage in harassment or bullying.
    8. Active GM team: To ensure the server runs smoothly and rules are enforced, an active GM team should be in place to handle player reports, answer questions, and provide support to players.
    Norfestra likes this.
  5. Psalmz Elder

Regarding the original post here: Brilliant! but of course the AI would hate players just like it hates all humans.
    Norfestra likes this.
  6. Zansobar Augur

I have personally spoken to Chat GPT and it loves Everquest.