Which expansion do tradeskill drops stop being complete garbage in TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tounces77, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Loki4567 Lorekeeper

I usually get a lot of ore from killing group content. Ashengate and DSK are both decent and drop quite a variety of stuff.

Any ore Rhenium and higher has combines that are skill level 300+

You can also kill stuff in higher end GoD zones for a mix of ores and meldstones.

I'd also recommend killing some luclin rares for the smithing hammer or smithing gloves.

If you're that one lonely, mentally diseased nerd that loves tradeskills, all of your far saner friends who *hate* tradeskills will usually send the stuff they get to you if you make them things.

Tradeskillers also tend by and large to be an inclusive community. Get to know some of the other guys on your server that do tradeskills and pick their brains for good ideas, recipes and strategies.

What skill level are you stuck at? There are many routes to victory; getting past the crappy bits of skill progression is usually just a matter of knowing what to do/what to look for.
  2. Brildon Augur

Try crypt of decay rats and pulsings for Rhenium Ore, I get probably a 5-10% droprate for ore
  3. GrandOpener Elder

I've always thought that's how tradeskills were designed to work. The intent is that not everyone is tradeskilling and for those of us who are, we are expected to get components from those who aren't.

If no one is selling them in bazaar and barter isn't getting you what you need, maybe you can figure out where the most popular vendors are and try to pick some up there. Last time I worked on jewelcraft, I got a big chunk of the blue diamonds I used from the guild lobby magus.
  4. Babaa New Member

Hallo all,

first of all, your are right, Tounces77.

The drop rate for tradeskill ores and pelts/silks are crap. The drop rate went to crap after that patch where they changed the body types of the mobs.

I tested it on different progression servers and also on live server.
    For example, I used my druid on a live server and AE killed whole zones and checked the drop rate.
    Because I had the same problem to find ores and pelts.
    Before the the patch with the changes of the body type of mobs, the mobs in castle 2 in plane of fire dropped about 5 cobalt ores in average when you kill about 60 or 70 mobs there. After that patch it is ZERO. Same is for 69.1 hard in DoDH.

Now you think, ok they change the body types, so on the other side, the golem type/ earth mobs must drop the ores like crazy. Sorry, this is also wrong.
    There are many golem / earth type mobs that drop kinda zero ores, even if they should be according to their body type, like plane of earth.

It also does not matter in which zone you hunt. It is everywhere a crap drop rate.
    I test it in ALL zones of LDON, POP , GoD, omens, DoN, DoDH, PoR and TSS.
    It is the same crap result. For example u can kill all 100 ,,live,, mobs in codecay and get maybe 8 rhenium ores in that round. But on the next round you can also get 2 pieces only.

I have not found a magic zone with a proper drop rate.

I told this problem to Ngreth who was in game as a GM some months ago. He told me that he will check it. But nothing changed or happened.

All in all the drop rate is really out of balance since that patch.
    The best thing is you make a barter in bazaar and buy the ores and pelts from other players.

Have a nice week and please stay safe all.

Best regards

Babaa
  5. Covfefe New Member

Seems fine, just make sure you’re killing humanoid models of the appropriate level. Aradune is a bit ahead of you but we got enough to max out several characters and have hundreds left over. Yes, the nerf to model types did suck.
  6. Kukaw Augur

It has been a long while, but I used to get rhenium from HoH.
    It has been years, I mained on Bristlebane, and hail of arrows used to slaughter there.
    But might give it a try.
  7. Appren Gnomercy

Kill various human(oid) mobs in TSS, I got a fair amount of ores when doing the various quests in overland zones (direwind etc)