How does one ignore cross server messages

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I can't figure out the command or how to ignore Zek.toonname
  2. demi Augur

doesn't /ignore (player) work ?
    shouldnt matter what server they from
    if you find out let me know ..
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

/ignore Zek.playername

They then will show up in your "Ignore" tab on Friends window. If you want to remove them then just delete them from the Friends window.

You have to have the server name in there when your ignoring someone from another server. Otherwise you end up ignoring that name on your server because your server is the default
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Other than adding each person to your ignore list or just leaving the General chat (assuming that's what you're talking about), there isn't a way to block them completely.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

;ignore will block all cross server chat but usually players forget the did it and wonder why the new friend they made on the other server isn't sending them messages. You can turn it off again

Another option is ;invisible which makes you look like your offline but friends can still message you
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

Regular ignore works. What I do so I don't misspell stuff is click their name from the chat window, click to send tell, then backspace all the tell stuff to add /ignore
  7. Iven the Lunatic

Could you give us further details on how ;invisible does work ? I tried it between my boxes but it seems to have no effect.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

It would be nice if they added to the drop down where we click mark as spam if we could click add to ignore.

It would also be VERY nice if would could add to Ignore account. EQ has too much anonymity. It would be nice if the players had a better ability to regulate problem people. It doesn't help that they sell name changes for DBC. One thing I believe Blizzard does right is links players to accounts so if someone is being a jerk and you block them they can't change characters and keep being a jerk. Getting ignored needs more consequence.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's the same thing as setting discord or any other chat program to "appear as offline."

More specifically, the friends list is sorted alphabetically. Online players are then moved to the top. If they are ;invisible their name is not moved to the top.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

Is it a function for chat channels only ?
    Is it a function for cross server chat only ?
    Is the name misleading as it does not make the user invisible in chat ?
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It is a function of the chat system, only, yes. It won't hide you from guild window or fellowship window or from /who or anything other than the friend's list.

no.

Depends what you mean by misleading. It works as it is intended to work as far as I know.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Thx for the infos, I created the following definitions:

;ignore - Does block all cross server chat messages including tells.

;invisible - The player character does appear being offline on the friend list and in chat channels and it's name won't appear on the top. It can still receive messages.