Fixed Franklin Teek lvl 65 quest to locked zone (Mischief)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Corpsefury, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Corpsefury New Member

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Wed Feb 15 19:12:40 2023

Character: Level 62 Shaman (Main)
    Zone: The Plane of Knowledge

Target NPC: Franklin Teek
    Target Location: -346.00, 1252.00, -125.11, 118.00

Description: Franklin Teek gives for the level 65 quest a quest in the Barren Coast, cant go there yet (Mischief progression server)
    KushallaFV, Brickhaus and Weaps like this.
  2. Weaps Journeyman

Same experience here on both my lvl 66 chars on Mischief after patch today.
  3. Jhoo New Member

Same problem, can't get to this zone to do the quest - not avail yet
  4. Weaps Journeyman

3 days in a row now only offering the Barren Coast lvl 65 daily hotzone quest, which is not a zone that is currently available on Mischief.
  5. Brickhaus Augur

I liked your post even though I've never set foot on Mischief.

It's a shame that something so universally used by players (the Teek tasks) have had so little time spent on making them better or fixing various issues with them.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think you're seeing just how much (little) they care about the hotzones and ensuring they work properly.
  7. Alnitak Augur

Yes, they have mishandled this situation.
    DPG should remove Franklin Teek altogether from Mischief server. Franklin Teek was introduced during Secrets of Faydwer expansion and should not yet exist on Mischief.
    DPG should pay more attention to the purity of TLP experience and not let such slips happen: quality of life improvement should be strictly expansion release limited, TLP should remain TLP, the key letter L.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fenthen like this.
  8. chronicler Augur

There should come 100,105,110 Daily quests, at some point cotf, they were replaced with heroics there, but now nothing comes
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Alnitak Augur

What do you mean "nothing" ? ToV progression alone (Missions + Partisans + Mercenaries - overall less mobs to kill than to do CoTF progression) bumps lvl 100 to lvl 113 without any experience boost. Who would use those lvl 100,105,110 tasks from Franlklin Teek ?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Meeko Developer(Code)

We had a chat and he's decided to give out quests for Torden, the Bastion of Thunder for that level now. Ditto goes for Thornblade.
    Yinla and Weaps like this.
  11. GrandOpener Elder

This is all true, but it's not really signposted well in game. If you're a casual player who doesn't read the forums, it seems like the Teeks just sort of leave you hanging after level 95 or so, and it's not clear what's supposed to be next.

I know EverQuest has always encouraged doing a bit of your own footwork, but the cadence of having a daily quest is nice to have.

The solution is definitely not adding more hotzones, since like you say that's just not how leveling is "supposed" to be done at high levels. Maybe there could be a third Teek sibling who gives you additional AA or currency rewards for doing level appropriate progression quests/missions post-100? Bonus points if it picks what is actually be the next available quest for you, rather than just randomly picking one out of everything available.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

But it doesn't help with AA farming. Quests themselves don't give that much exp, that comes from the achievements. Merc quests are the worse and give 0 exp.