What is your dream TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Burdi, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Burdi Augur

Mine would be as follows:

Free trade
    Random loot
    Dual box from start, then relaxed later, eventually no boxing restrictions.
    Start with The Shadows of Luclin.
    12 months unlock but it unlock all the expansions to the next level at once.

Such a server would release much more content at once.
    Raider would have more raids and grouper would have more flexibility and choice.

Start The Shadows of Luclin
    Year 2 Gates of Discord
    Year 3 Prophecy of Ro
    Year 4 The Buried Sea
    Year 5 Secrets of Faydwer
    Year 6 Underfoot
    ….
    Zrender likes this.
  2. Appren Gnomercy

Basically a slightly accelerated Mischief:
    - Teleport NPC to Bazaar in EC tunnel
    - Free trade (with or without random)
    - One month classic, 2 month Kunark
    - PoP release with LDON and LOY
    Bundle several of the L70 expansions together or make them 1 month.
    Standard expansion pace beyond those changes.
    - Relaxed truebox at GoD or earlier.
    Faydra likes this.
  3. pipo Journeyman

Free box Mischief
  4. PipotheAFILADOR Journeyman

Mischief rules, relaxed truebox, remove exp penalty from dzs, all classes/races available from launch and all races can be all classes
    Zrender and Tyranthraxus like this.
  5. Ishbu Augur

My dream TLP is one where people realize that getting exactly every little detail they want in a server is unrealistic and actually play on the existing servers that at their core have the major component people desire, and not just quit because the game got into some era's past the early game.
  6. coltongrundy Augur

Vaniki rules (minus the weird level lock stuff) are underrated. People think of it just as the weird level lock server, but it also has a permanent 50% increased rare spawns, and double loot drops on everything, from raid bosses, rares, and even just normal mobs.
    Zrender likes this.
  7. filthytlpplayer Elder

Id play on a gates start server with those rules without the weird level lock stuff. The weird level lock stuff didnt make any sense to me and made me skip the last cycle because yelinak sounded boring. Allow limited boxing from the start and im sold.
  8. Mithra Augur

Playing on Mischief I don't think I could go back to a server without random loot and free trade.
    Kukaw, Zrender and Appren like this.
  9. Cheet Elder

Start: GoD
    All classes from launch
    all characters start at level 51 with 50 AA
    3 boxes on one machine allowed.
    No more boxes than that. If you even pretend to think about using 4+ you are banned from the local KFC IRL.
    8 week level increase xpacs
    5 week non-level increase
  10. Cheet Elder

Lucky for you Mischief is there.
  11. MaestroM Augur

Classic start mischief with one tweak to loot:

Mobs would drop their normal loot table PLUS one or more random loot. I like that the Guise of the Deceiver drops off the Ghoul Assassin and part of my nostalgias is going down there and camping him. This set up would allow players to go camp a piece of gear they are looking for as reliably as the old days, but would also have the random loot of mischief for extra fun.

Edit: I'm fine with all the weird race class combos folks want. As long as its a classic-zones start.
    Mazam likes this.
  12. Critt Augur

One with a high population of people looking to have fun
    MaestroM likes this.
  13. Dmitry Elder

Absolute no box = zero box none nill nyet
    Extreme randomization of loot... even more than Mischief
    Free Trade for everything
    Classic Start that stays classic for two weeks, three weeks Kunark, three weeks Velious, three weeks Luclin, 6 weeks Pop LDoN and and the Dumb Pirate one. Then probably 6 weeks after that.
    (Obviously no PvP)
    Once a week you can request a private zone of any zone - need to enter with at least three people in party.
    Zrender likes this.
  14. Vewdue Elder

I like the idea, but I would probably shorten the release time. I think 6 months would be a better unlock cycle at least for the later eras. 1 year of Classic-Luclin and 1 year of PoP/GoD sounds horrible. I would probably shorten those to like 3-4 months of classic-luclin and 3-4 months of PoP-GoD. Then switch to the 6 month unlock.
  15. Lineater Augur

Benjamin Button rules. Start with the latest expac and go backwards. Grinding de-levels you. Remove spells, skills, and AAs instead of adding them.
  16. Lejaun Augur

My perfect new TLP

-All races, classes, race/class combinations at start. Races that don't have a home yet will just start in Freeport.
    -Enforced truebox at start, that gradually gets relaxed
    -Mischief loot rules and free trade
    -One month unlocks for Classic through PoP, with PoP/LoY/LDoN released at same time
    -Frequent GM and guide events, especially that introduce each expansion storyline
    -Catchup mechanics. Once per expansion you can bump a character to the gear and levels of 2 expansions ago. Example: If server is on SoV expansion, you can bump a character to level 50 with Plane of Fear/Plane of Hate gear (Gear would be No-Drop).
    -Bonus xp for groups using the least played classes.
  17. Arclyte Augur

PvP with full loot and permadeath but only for halflings
  18. Terethian Elder

My preference is more on the players although the server could be manipulated to more support my dream:
    A server where nobody boxes.
    No Krono trading.
    Rmt sellers are closely monitored by a devoted team and when caught permabanned.
    Gms or Guides at minimum that give bonuses to stand out roleplayers.

It's not going to happen but you asked and this is the dream.
  19. Faydra Augur

Actually good set of rules.
    Appren likes this.
  20. MaestroM Augur

I would happily play on this server. Baz on day 1 would be a little weird but I could get down.
    Faydra likes this.