Altered Loot Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Court, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Court Elder

What if instead of Random Loot for the next TLP, they introduce an Altered Loot Server where mobs of the same level range can only drop loot of another singular mob. For example, maybe AoW only drops Tunare loot. Or Efreeti now drops the loot table of the ghoul lord. In this scenario, no one would know what mobs are dropping what item and it forces players to rediscover EQ, and additionally some usually “dead” TLP zones to obtain BIS items. I think the expansion bosses should still keep their same loot tables. This type of server would make players have to communicate to find their needed item (hacks aside) and would eliminate over-camping of a specific item for a time.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Seems like it would be pretty boring once it is figured out what drops what. That and it could cause some stuff to be a lot harder to get based on the changes.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

So once the farmers figure out GEBs are on the Stone Spider instead of Efreeti then they just lock that down. The upside to random loot was all the desired loot was not lock-down-able. The downside was it was alot harder to camp it.
    Skuz, Waring_McMarrin and Appren like this.
  4. Brildon Augur

Sounds kind of boring and pointless not gonna lie
    Appren likes this.
  5. Kasya/Rasz New Member

or randomize it all the time
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Random Loot beats this idea all day long.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

So many people desperately wanting to have a single camp where they can look down particular items. You can of course figure out the list of mobs that will drop an item most of which drop in abundance but I suppose that's the wrong way to have fun. Nope, has to be a single mob so you can monopolize it....
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

The best part is, most of the people who want that aren't even the ones locking it down, they just for some reason think that this will be their year/tlp where they will be in the first fistful to 50 and can lock down high value targets and reap in the rewards. The bots arent on here posting anything and they will beat you to it every time.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  9. code-zero Augur

People running bot or sweatshop crews just game the ruleset the best they can and don't bother coming here to advocate anything. I've often wondered what would happen if some of those entities figured out how to make money off of a PvP TLP if there was one. I'd be terribly amused if that were to ever happen
  10. jeskola pheerie

Only if they hand pick weird spots for all the popular group loot
  11. jeskola pheerie

How about rotating drops,vresets nightly
  12. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

Server down every night for this reset sounds like a hoot.
    jeskola likes this.
  13. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Shouldn’t need server down time. Just program drops on mobs to turn on and off based on a timer.
  14. Runes Augur

Devs dont like dealing with TLPs and their old codes, this will break them and will bug out. Random loot from same level mobs in same zone is ok by me but if there is not an equivalent level mob in same zone then leave dops on the mob or boss that normally drops the loot as is.