PoK to SVD portal unsafe

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NyteShayd, Feb 15, 2023.

1. NyteShayd Elder

The port from Plane of Knowledge to Shar Vahl Divided is unsafe without invisibility. There is at least one roaming mob that walks over the spawn point in Shadeweaver's Tangle.

Maybe not technically a bug, but certainly seems like an oversight just going off the pile of corpses I'm looking at.
    Fenthen, Carden, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure where else they would put it? Mobs wander all over that zone. Do you have a suggestion?

Maybe its just cause I am leery of all the little tricks they put in the game throughout the years or because I am a Ranger, but I never zone somewhere where I might be killed or mobs are high level without cammo or invis on.
  3. Gialana Augur

Based on the patch notes, I was expecting the port to actually go to Shar Vahl, Divided. But I guess it makes sense that it goes to the same spot in Shadeweaver's Tangle as the Shal Vahl portal does in Shadeweaver's Thicket. However, I certainly wouldn't complain if the book were moved close to the Shar Vahl, Divided zone line.

When the option to go to Feerrott, The Dream from PoK was added, I think they added a book in The Dream to go back to PoK. It would be nice if they added a book in Shar Vahl, Divided.
  4. scaethach Scholar

I zoned over without realizing where it went, the stone itself asks if you want to go to shar vahl, divided. I was getting hit before I ever even zoned over.
  5. Loup Garou De loop de loop

I have used it at least 10 times and never has a mob been near, guess its just good timing, luck or whatever.

We have a way to avoid getting hit - use invis. Just like when the guild portal was killing our mercs so I made sure before I zoned that I suspended my merc.

I don't see a safer place in that zone since the mobs path all over. So maybe it would be better in the city.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

The tunnel/bridge leading into the city would be the best spot to drop players instead of a hostile environment.
  7. Drakang Augur

invis before clicking the stone.
    Knifen likes this.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

This is absolutely a thing.
    [IMG]
    Devs - this needs fixed. Either remove the roamer, or drop us into the tunnel to the city.
  9. Warpeace Augur

But then some random tool can't tell you to just invis before taking the port.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Wijimoto Journeyman

Are you sure it's not the old "Train to book"? That's the only time I have seen mobs near that spot. (To be clear, there is no book, but box groups seem to think there is)
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

There was no train, I zoned in and this mob was already attacking me before I landed.