Unable to create a guild

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Smoothie, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Smoothie New Member

I am unable to create a guild. The error I receive is as follows: "Unable to create this guild because this account has already created a guild on this server." The history here is that I had originally created a guild for myself for use of the guildhall. Unfortunately, I had REMOVED myself from this one-man guild to join a real guild. What I should have done was the command /guilddelete. Since I was not aware of doing the proper command, the server will not allow me to create a new guild. In the recent past, I had opened a ticket and the solution was a GM logging into the game, creating the guild, inviting me, and finally promoting me to guild leader. The GM said that if it happens again (FYI - this time I did use /guilddelete command but I believe the server is still recording the original issue), that I should bug report it rather than having them log in and helping me. Can this issue be permanently fixed by somehow that will allow me to create a new guild without support from a GM? Again, I am not in a guild since the 2nd time around I did use the proper command.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

What's the bug?

I thought you could only create one guild per server per account, regardless of whether or not the first guild still exists or not. You have done that and are now trying to create another.

You might be able to petition to get special treatment, but the system is working how it should I believe.
  3. Smoothie New Member

I suppose that is correct. I created my personal guild, left it (but I was informed that I should have used the command /guilddelete) to join a real guild, I left that real guild, and since I was guildless...I wanted to create a personal guild for use of the guildhall. I guess that once you create it once on a server, it's a done deal.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You made the first guild, disbanded it and then GM fixed it for you so you could make a guild a second time.

So you make a second guild, and this time you did do guild delete (based on the misinformation of the GM that this would allow you to remake guilds over and over) but it did not work (Shocking) so you now want them to fix it for you again. A THIRD TIME. There is nothing to fix or reset here.

You really lucked out with the GM resetting it so you could make a second guild. The rule has always been "one guild per lifetime per account" You, nor any of us deserve special treatment to have had that reset. I hope that was some time ago because now they make it very clear they are hands off all Guild issues.

These are now your options:

Join the generic in game guild thru the quest offered.

Join another guild

Create another account, pay for that account which will then give you the rights to make a guild with that account. Free accounts cannot make guilds. Although rumor has it Silver accounts can create guilds.

I hope this post is soon marked "Not a Bug"
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

That does not work when you're on a second server. Or a third server. Etc.
  6. niente Developer

/guilddelete should reset the account's ability to create a new guild. If it doesn't, that's definitely a bug. I've made a ticket to add more information about what guild was created on the account, and by whom, if you are blocked by it.
    Duder, Fenthen, Rijacki and 1 other person like this.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I have made several guilds, on several servers, on several accounts. This doesn't seem to hold up.

Currently, I have 3 or 4? guilds on Ragefire. I still have my guilds on AB and on Bristlebane.

There is definitely a limit in there, but It sure isn't just "one guild per lifetime per account".

Server definitely comes into play. I'll have to check how many guilds I "own" per server, per account.. but I can't say I've ever run into any issues with guild creation beyond having too many actively owned guilds on a single account/server combo.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Smoothie New Member

Thanks all for the feedback and support.

CatsPaws,

I am not asking for special treatment. I was not aware between the difference of leaving a one-man guild and /guilddeleting a one-man guild. Since I left it the first time (not deleting it), I believe I caused this unrecoverable action despite doing it properly the 2nd time around (i.e. with /guilddelete).

If my issue is not resolved due to my lack of knowledge, I accept it. And I will do one of the options you suggested such as joining someone elses guild.

All good.

Thanks.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Empty guilds ought to auto-delete on a daily, or at least monthly scheduled cleanup. Or run a single script to clean up empty guilds and then/add have a check put in place for the last person leaving a guild and auto deleting said guild
    Jedis likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok I will admit it appears I am wrong in this case, like many of you who also only find info on other sites. There was no reference to the command /guild delete would allow one to create another guild and nothing under the Official EQ Help to indicate this.

Not finding any patch that references this either. But now I can refer to this posting for future questions.
    Duder likes this.