Neighborhood house idea (Guild tradesklill/collectible houses)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nerple, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Nerple New Member

So many guilds run house plots for the purpose of sharing tradeskill items or collectibles with other guild members. I was talking to the person that runs several collectible houses for my guild today and they were expressing some exasperation that some members of the guild were abusing the houses. Namely by taking the alts in their bot teams and grabbing all the collectibles on their alts with a single click using . It was obvious the person was using as they removed every item from the house and placed them back after taking them rather than checking if they needed it and taking only one if they did. I sadly admit, I ran with and a bot team for about 6-7 months last year before giving it up after being suspended on 6 accounts so I'm aware of the program the person used. I used it a few times for my main in the 6-7 months I used .

So my idea/request is to add an access filter on the sunrise hill properties that make it so when you open up a house to your entire guild, any toon marked as an alternate would not be allowed to withdraw from the property.

I am aware there are plenty of workarounds for tje abuser like just having the main with draw several items and placing them in as different house. But at least that would make the abuser spend more time before stealing from the guild.

Apologies if this has been brought up before, I'm not a regular reader of the DB forums but I do spend a significant amount of time in Norrath everyday sadly.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Evil minds:D Just saying it seems like you have condemned them based on your familiarity with the suspicious actions.

And yet that is how our guild does it. Not the way that got you banned lol but we pull the entire stack and then put it back.

Because, if you pull an item out of a house and you don't need it and then put it back it will go under your name and create a second stack. Unless you were the one who put it in originally.

This makes much more work for the players trying to keep the stack organized. Because now they have to pull both stacks out and put them back in to make a single stack.

So if you pull the whole stack, check it and put it back then there is still only one stack.

It is very time consuming to check to see if you need a collectable by clicking on it first and winding up with a bunch of item windows open on your screen.

I think it would be wrong to restrict access that way since your guild has the tools already to restrict access. I mean think of all the players who have alts that make up their own guild. How would that work?

So your guild could do its own filters just by adjusting the remove permissions

3. Soulbanshee Augur

A stealer gonna steal, happens in housing, happens in guild bank. There's no auditing, so it emboldens those that are going to. Best case is to hope to identify abusers (whether its bank or 3rd party programs) and remove them from the guild.

In our guild, only mains actively raiding are member or higher. It sounds more like an organizational issue if alts are ranked the same as members. Just have one guild rank for members and one guild rank for alts, you could even set the same guild permissions for members and alts, then use the existing access tools on housing to set only member and higher to friend (the purple icon).

[IMG]
    Rijacki, demi and Aanuvane like this.
  4. demi Augur

I have a house in my guild neighborhood that I also use for collects for the guild .. I just put the extra's in the guild house for the guild to use if they gonna steal then i dont care cause its just extra's anyways .. I put most in my regular house and just put what I think guild will use .. if abusers abuse then i'll start doing what soulbanshee suggests and just give guild access to top tier officers and if a regular guild member wants anthing they will have to ask an officer or higher guild member ..

however, my guild is awesome and ive never had to worry about it so far..
    Velisaris_MS likes this.