Procs on 2h

Discussion in 'Casters' started by blood & gufts, Feb 4, 2023.

1. blood & gufts Augur

If you have a 10k, 3k 3k symp procs on a weapon, first is on weapon and the other 2 comes form augs, can that result in less damage from procs, because they got to share proc time ?
  2. Szilent Augur

Lots of procs. Alllll the procs. All fire at the same time. It's extremely atypical, but 200+ spell hits in a single second is possible with some silly combos.
  3. Kalamos Augur

While we're on the topic of procs, can someone (ahem .. Sancus?) explain what we see here ...

Proc Effect: Hammer of Magic (as level 139) Proc Rate: +100
    1: Decrease Current HP by 12100
    Focus Effect: Sympathetic Hammer of Magic (as level 159)
    1: Cast: Hammer of Magic on Spell Use (Base1=100) e.g. Cast Time 2s=25% 3s=33% 4s=50% 5s=67%

This is from the NoS ore raid 2H Staff. The Sympathetic Proc damage has remained the same since the CoV staff, but the "as level" has increased by 10 for each expansion since then, which clearly indicates Item level scaling. So, what is the scaling formula, how how does it impact the end result proc damage? Also, can anyone explain those cast time percentages? I probably should have had a better understanding of this stuff by now but I've never taken the time to dig into it.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

using my Hammer of magic procs, looking for non-crits...

level 149 21064 (120k crits)
    level 38 6190 (36k crits)
    level 36 5922 (35k crits)

reversing that says 1098 base damage + 134 * level

I have 3857 Spell Damage
  5. Sancus Augur

With respect to proc damage: Ignore the 12,100 number. The formula that procs use (indicated by Calc = 2100 in raw spell data) is Base1 * (1 + level). The Base1 value of Hammer of Magic (and most, but not all, procs) is 100. Therefore, at level 139, the base damage is 100 * (1 + 139) = 14,000. At level 159, the base damage is 100 * (1 + 159) = 16,000.

With respect to proc chance: The formula for proc rate is:
    1. If Cast_Time <= 2.5 seconds, Proc Rate = 25% * Base1%
    2. If Cast_Time <= 7 seconds, Proc Rate = (Cast_Time - 1) * 0.167 * Base1%
    3. If Cast_Time > 7s, Proc Rate = Cast_Time / 7 * Base1%
    Most procs, including Sympathetic Hammer of Magic (note: this is the Base1 value of the Sympathetic spell, not the DD spell), have a Base1 value of 100. The percentages are just calculating that out for you for different spell cast times. For example, a 4s cast time spell will proc Hammer of Magic 50% of the time.
    ChiiChii, Kalamos and Lluianae like this.
  6. Kalamos Augur

You never fail to deliver. Thanks Sancus!
    Fanra likes this.
  7. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Where does the sympathetic enhancement go in the calculation?
  8. Waitwhat Elder

Yes to simpler logic and less lag. Goodbye to caster procs and hello bigger nukes. IMO :)